Tattoo

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Tattoo

Tattoo

Hi, does anyone out there know where i could get a custom 1/6th tattoo from. Any help would be really appreciated, its to go on a hot toys muscular figure.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know Volks use to sell sheets of tattoo decals but I do'nt think they do anymore. You might find a set on E-bay. Most customizers I know do tattoos one of two ways. One, either draw it on with a fine paint pen or just paint one on the figure, or two, Micro mark and other hobby supply stores sell clear decal sheets you can print on your computer. Just scale your tattoo down to the right size. I normally try acouple of test runs to make sure the size is right first. Print your tattoo and treat it like any other model decal. It's a good idea to shade the edges of the decal with alittle fleshtone paint toget rid of that hard shiny line you can see.

Paul

recentlry read an article on using colored pencils with prep work.pm for your details i will see if i can help.
    tony

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi mate, thanks for replying to the post, the tattoo i'm after would only be black, i'm trying to get a british parachute regiment tattoo, i've got photos of the one i'm after but to be honest my hand isn't steady enough to draw it on and my computer skills are lacking ha ha.
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Unforgiven5150 used to make waterslide decal tattoos. It might cost a bit, but definitely worth it. I've used his tats on several of my figures, and the coloring and detail are fantastic.