altering heads

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: altering heads

altering heads

I have 2 Hasbro heads I want to fit onto a Sideshow ball neck post. One of my plans was to buy some compatible heads, trim them down and fit them in the heads to act as neck joints... but heads are expensive. Can I just trim away the neck and fill the head with hot glue to act as a joint?

I ask before I try this and potentially ruin a head or two.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: altering heads

Hey Mate

I usually just trim off the neck and then slide the head onto the neck joint and it works great, you'll just have to trim as close to the edge as possible to get the plastic thin.

Ron

Try trimming it using the neckline as your point of cut, leave the jaw alone. You will end up with a hollow head, don't trim the inside yet, it could act as holding point for the neck. Then check how much more you need to do to hold the ball peg inside. The ball peg is not secured by anything inside the head, you might need some stuffings for the hold.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I tried both methods. The first I did the cut neck, using the head I have for my CC hood. After trimming the neck off I found it necessary to stuff the head with plastic. A more permanent method may be done later to keep it sold on the ball joint.

The second method I did with my helmet CC head. I trimmed at the base of the neck, cutting out the inner ring and widening it to the very edge of the neck. It simply slides down over the Sideshow neck. It is wide and stretched out but as this is armor it doesn't look odd.