One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

california stores

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  medic 
#1 ·
My family are going to stay with me uncle in Tracy, Cali. for 3 weeks. Any good stores around that area i can send them to and save myself a S**tload of postage fees?

Thanks in advance

#5 ·
Assuming they'll be sight seeing along the coast, Echobase is by LA or something and PointBlankToys might be around the southern tip near San Diego. If anything drop Azteca [PBT] a PM and see if they can't work out something.

#7 ·
Finding 1/6 in an actual, physical store is getting pretty scarce. Some shops, like Hobby People, have stopped carrying them. This is the full extent of shops in Southern California that I know carry such items.

Echobase is just about the only actual store that I can think of that actively stocks 1/6 items. They also have a booth at Frank & Sons.

Frank & Sons Collectibles is a large indoor swap meet-style market place that caters to the comic/movie/action figure crowd. Among the vendors there you will find some that do sell 1/6 figures (primarily movie/comic based) and loose items.

Azteca / Point Blank Toys , is based at a swap meet in San Diego, and has a booth at Frank & Sons.

Black Ops Toys has a booth at Frank & Sons.

Brookhurst Hobbies seems to have stopped actively stocking 1/6 figures, and is just selling off what they do have in stock, which is mostly Dragon. They do still have several figures and older carded accessory sets. Expect to pay full retail on almost everything, no matter the age.

Phat Collectibles is a consignment store that sells older toys, but will sometimes have some 1/6 figures and loose stuff. If you choose to visit, be advised that they have moved, and are no longer at the address listed on their website. They are now located further down Ball St. at the corner of Ball and Euclid I believe.

Pegasus Hobbies has some older Dragon figures, but it looks like they don't stock anything newer.

Big Lou's Toys and Collectible Mall is a large consignment store that will sometimes have 1/6 figures.

There is another store down around the Vista/Escondido area that carries or did carry 1/6 figures, but I haven't been there in years so I don't know what you'd find now. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, or else another member here might be able to assist with more info.

#9 ·
Yea, I live in San Jose, Ca. And there are no good stores around here. (I'm near Tracy, San Jose is more prevalent on the nation mind) There is a good comic shop in San Francisco but I've never been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.