How to make jungle diorama

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: How to make jungle diorama

How to make jungle diorama

I want to make a short stop motion about the vietnam war. Does anybody know how to make jungle diorama? any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: How to make jungle diorama

you can use some polystyrene as a base, and the buy some plastic plants from your local stores, or even from a pet store for fish tank flora and fauna.
    I found my local place here in UK selling some miniature bamboo plants, perfect for trees, and grasses etc...as detailed below. The whole thing set me back $70 to make...still needs some touch up work doing to it.

1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

Quote Originally Posted by legionnaire75 View Post
    you can use some polystyrene as a base, and the buy some plastic plants from your local stores, or even from a pet store for fish tank flora and fauna.
    I found my local place here in UK selling some miniature bamboo plants, perfect for trees, and grasses etc...as detailed below. The whole thing set me back $70 to make...still needs some touch up work doing to it.

cheers mate!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've actually been toying around with doing some more foliage dios instead of my usual arid eviroments. you could also use thick OD or brown string/tube cord as vines for thicker foliage. Polystyrene is what i use for a base. I also use Elmers brand stainable spackle. It's in a little white jar with and orange lid for dirt/dust/sand/mud. Spray adhesive in a nice dusting, but not to close or the styrene will start to melt, go figure 0.0, but there are brands of micro 'grass' powder and finally colored hemp cord, cut to length and unraveled for tall grass

hope this helps a little or much.

Hey Mate

Yeah fish tank plants would work great and there cheap as well you could use vines like the ones I have used on this base. I got them from a local florist and they worked perfectly.

For the ground work you can use just plain old dirt from a garden area, just collect as much as you need and then lay it out on newspaper to dry out.

Ron

hi
    like your dio very much. where did you get the water buffalo from?
    where do you live in wales i live in bangor.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hemble View Post
    Hey Mate

Yeah fish tank plants would work great and there cheap as well you could use vines like the ones I have used on this base. I got them from a local florist and they worked perfectly.

For the ground work you can use just plain old dirt from a garden area, just collect as much as you need and then lay it out on newspaper to dry out.

Ron
    thanks and nice dior