Some one gimme a hand: a question of hands

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Some one gimme a hand: a question of hands

Some one gimme a hand: a question of hands

I just found out tonight the left hand (luckily not his right ) was broken. The inner peg apparently was broken or faulty but just needed some movement and popped off much to my dismay. The hands use the long peg like soldier story. Now my question is, will those fit the BBI arms? If so, are soldier story hands soft? The bbi hands with my figure were hard plastic which im not a fan of as im affraid of the hand breaking like it did. I know there are bendy ones, but what about the CCT gloved hands, are they soft?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Some one gimme a hand: a question of hands

Ok, i think i might be able to help...first step. lets talk bodies, most bodies will take any set of hands, they really are interchangeable...the exception is Hot Toys bodies, they use very short pins. They too can use a long pin if you drill out the forearm.

Now it sound like you have a bbi body, if so any set of hands will work, TTL soldier story, dragon or bbi hands will work. You might have to fiddle around with it a little bit...as for Soldier story, they are nice and soft but not so soft they won't hold anything...they do, I really love them, they look good, are a good scale and are easy to position on weapons etc...

Hope this helps...
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Thank you! That pretty much ansers it. It IS a late BBI body. The 'Gunner' budy to be exact. I too like the soldier story from what pictures can show me. Just didnt want to be returning parts next week.

Are the SS bendy hands good in terms of durability? Im assuming ina wire in latex or rubber like the old gumby and pokey

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I personally do not like any of the bendy hands...they are all pretty much the same, just wire inside the plastic. The tend to break over time and really dont hold anything ...just my opinion....

If you want bendy hands, get yourself the molder SS ones and use sewing pins inserted into the fingers..then they can bend...
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

I agree with crusader. I had the first ss marine that came out earlier this year and the gloved hands were amazing. They were a better feel (imo) than my bbi/dr.figures Oakley gloves (which I love) lol.
    My Trade/have list
    You do what average people do, you get what average people get. I don't want to be average, do you?

Most of the BBI figures I have, have had the hands replaced with nice Soldier Story and ACE hands. I was never a fan of the big, hard plastic sausage fingers of the BBI. And only some of the gloved hands are softer plastic, like the ones from Gunslinger, and Bobcat. Later gloved hands looked the same, but were a much harder plastic, like SASR Barney, HAHO Brad, SF Brennan.

SS bendy hands are okay, but don't shape them too many times as the wire inside will break, and then they are virtually useless. Pretty much the same goes for all bendy hands. Bendy hands are more useful for things other than the weapons hands or other poses. Say using a radio, or grabbing odd shaped things.

Sounds good to me. I actually have a pair of the black oakley gloves and thought itd be cool to have 1:6 versions but im gonna stickto the ss cct hands i think. Thanks for the info all

Dr.Figures also made some cool gloves with the same BBI wrist pegs. Newer versions come with a HT style peg as well, so you can swap.