Product Review The Enterbay RM-4 by Rogerbee (Pic heavy!)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: The Enterbay RM-4 by Rogerbee (Pic heavy!)

Thumbs up The Enterbay RM-4 by Rogerbee (Pic heavy!)

When this body was first announced, I had high hopes. The BL3.5 was one of my favourite bodies and TT's were starting to get on my nerves with their instability and fragility. The more info and pics that emerged, the more I liked it. Then I found they were doing gear to go with it. Throw in a Matt Damon head and things were really getting good. The icing on the cake was the price, £50 plus postage for an Enterbay figure with gear, where do I sign!? The moment the pre-order went up at OSB I had to get them.

Doubts did emerge when folk found that he was a rather tall body. As you know from the thread, there was a way to shorten it, more on that later though! Aside from the height, there was a little consternation when he didn't come with hands that could hold weapons, however, it was acknowledged that HT hands would fit.

I got the body and gear at the weekend. Smartypants me thought that I could do the ankle modification as featured in the video on the RM-4 thread. One ankle was a success, however, I then snapped the foot off trying to do the other leg! The only thing I could do was to order another body from OSB and it arrived this morning...

The first thing you notice once you take it out of the box is that he does have really long legs due to the extended ankles. It's possible that Enterbay did this so that Western figures would be taller than Asian figures. Take a look:

Then comes the HS, a really nice representation of Matt Damon:

The neck doesn't do much, something they should maybe address.

The shoulders are nice, they look well proportioned and swivel much like TT ones do:

The torso doesn't have much range of movement but it is nicely done:

The range of motion in the arms is impressive and is one area where this body scores over the TT:

(Excuse the camera shake!)

Hmm, thoughtful!

The hands are nicely sculpted and painted:

The range of motion is the same as the TT.

The legs are pretty standard in terms of posing and are no better or worse than others:

Here's a pose we hope Bourne doesn't do often:

By far the best part of this body are the ankles, ratcheted forward and backward pivot with 360 swivel and tightly ball jointed feet. The best ankles I've seen so far:

Overall this is a very sturdy, well articulated body and one of the best you can get for the price. If Enterbay release this again, I hope they leave off the ankle extensions.

Next up, I turn him into Bourne, this needs another thread!

See you there,

CHEERS!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: The Enterbay RM-4 by Rogerbee (Pic heavy!)

Thanks for the review!!

I may well consider picking one up!

;D
    "To achieve the marvelous, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought" - Tom Robbins

I saw people complaining about the ankles, but I like them also. The ratchet gives them some sturdiness many of the just ball-jointed ankles don't.

Like this figure a lot, the sculpt was the sell but I would buy this body again with a different head.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I didn't know this figure came with gear! Might be getting one now that I know that!
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

The gear is available separately for the same price as the body. It is specifically tailored for the body though.

If you're brave enough the ankle mod is worth doing, but, as I got it wrong I decided against doing it this time.

CHEERS!

I don't think the height has anything to do with westerners/Caucasians versus Asians. There are plenty of tall Chinese people for example. I do agree that this is a good body for the price, provided you already have extra gripping hands. It's also worth noting that the neck hole needs to be enlarged, especially in the front in order to improve range of motion--it's one of the main drawbacks to this body IMO, but fixable if you are willing to put a dremel or file to it. There is not a lot to work with so you'll need to take care.

Nice review, Roger. Now I just need to find my RM-4. It got packed away the day I got it, so I need to find him again to make my Bourne...

Thanks for the review, got one on order with the bourne outfit but i might have to hijack my Jack Bauer bag to go with this. Going to get a nude one and finally do the Greenzone soldier.

Good review, Roger--made my mind up fer sure--tks for posting..
    -----------------------------------------
    "It's not how many times you get knocked down that counts,
    it's how many times you get back up."

Where on the feet did it break?

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Pretty good review indeed Roger.

Thanks for the nice review, Roger.
    Is it compatible with TT HS?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gunm View Post
    I don't think the height has anything to do with westerners/Caucasians versus Asians. There are plenty of tall Chinese people for example. I do agree that this is a good body for the price, provided you already have extra gripping hands. It's also worth noting that the neck hole needs to be enlarged, especially in the front in order to improve range of motion--it's one of the main drawbacks to this body IMO, but fixable if you are willing to put a dremel or file to it. There is not a lot to work with so you'll need to take care.
    If this is the case then it does make you wonder why they felt the need to add the ankle extensions. They knew that it'd make the figure taller, but why so tall!? For a Jean Reno figure like their upcoming Leon and Onimusha figures it would make sense, but not so for a general body. Hopefully, if they do another like this one they'll leave them off, they did it for the Donnie Yen.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by stiffy View Post
    Thanks for the nice review, Roger.
    Is it compatible with TT HS?

Cheers!
    If you can get the neck plug out of the Damon head then maybe. I'm not sure about a TT plug fitting the EB ball. The Damon head and plug can go on a TT, but it's a VERY tight fit and the head sits really low when it's on.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsyn View Post
    Where on the feet did it break?
    On the post that goes into the ankle socket!

If anyone is thinking of doing the ankle mod, I would suggest putting the leg into a vice and squeezing gently till the seams pop. Aneses was VERY lucky, I wouldn't recommend prying them as I broke mine when I did.

CHEERS!

It looks okay but just how much taller is it?
    Any chance of getting a picture of him next to an HT body?

It's funny how one sixth figures have grown over the last decade, I remeber getting my first DML guy and thinking how he was a little bigger than Joe and TUS. Now they're virtual midgets compared to DiD and others.

Thanks for the review Roger, very informative, I too will seriously consider one of these after that !!

Cheers

Cool,

Just don't let the height put you off, there are ways round it. Pose him like I did in the Bourne thread and he looks ok next to other figures, that's the safe option!

CHEERS!

how easy would it be to put a custom head on the EB body? would any real modding be required?

Quote Originally Posted by vik2001 View Post
    how easy would it be to put a custom head on the EB body? would any real modding be required?
    Are you talking about this body or another EB body? This body accepts bbi & HT (and a lot of other manufacturers) neck posts. The other EB bodies you need modifications on the neck post to put a head on.
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator65 View Post
    Are you talking about this body or another EB body? This body accepts bbi & HT (and a lot of other manufacturers) neck posts. The other EB bodies you need modifications on the neck post to put a head on.
    i was talking about putting a custom head sculpt on this RM4 body, thanks

Rather depends which custom sculpt you have and which neck it has. It would probably need modding.

CHEERS!