Miscellaneous Subject 1/6 stores in dubai ?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 stores in dubai ?

1/6 stores in dubai ?

hi guys, i have a friend who might be going to dubai next week i was wondering if anybody knows any decent onesixth stores in duabi particularly ones that stock hot toys, maybe i can sneak myself a bargain or two ( yeah righttt ....) but still would like to know if there are any stores there.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 stores in dubai ?

You're talking about a country that values water and food over comodities. I doubt there's even a pet shop over there!

Actually there is one in the Dubai Mall. Really expensive, but they have some hard to find figures there. When I was there in Oct they still had Wolverines and Leonidas figures in stock. There average price in US dollars is about $330.00 a figure. I was able to get an Iron Man Mark 1, Wolverine and Blade from him for a little over $200.00 each. There also a small store in Al Alan that has a few figures as well. If he goes to the Dubai Mall the store is located on the same floor as the Movie Theater.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

are we talking about the same dubai here ? the dubai that has two seven star hotels the tallest building in the world, playinfield of the worlds rich and famous and still is by many considered the shopping capital of the world ?? i dont mean to be rude but i am genuinely baffled by your answer dude

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    You're talking about a country that values water and food over comodities. I doubt there's even a pet shop over there!
    hahahaa, that's a joke right?
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    hahahaa, that's a joke right?
    dubai has nothin ok... except oil and dollars! i bet they can buy whole hot toys company if they wanted to! no wait, they are more interested in english premier league clubs!

never been there^^

Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck9000 View Post
    Actually there is one in the Dubai Mall. Really expensive, but they have some hard to find figures there. When I was there in Oct they still had Wolverines and Leonidas figures in stock. There average price in US dollars is about $330.00 a figure. I was able to get an Iron Man Mark 1, Wolverine and Blade from him for a little over $200.00 each. There also a small store in Al Alan that has a few figures as well. If he goes to the Dubai Mall the store is located on the same floor as the Movie Theater.
    Never noticed that there. Of course, the times I passed through, I was more focused on getting a cold beverage in one of the barely tolerated watering holes and only did a quick walk through of the mall.

And you base this statement off of what experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Rifles View Post
    Never noticed that there. Of course, the times I passed through, I was more focused on getting a cold beverage in one of the barely tolerated watering holes and only did a quick walk through of the mall.

And you base this statement off of what experience?
    i know dude i couldnt believe my eyes when he said that, surely its sarcasm or maybe its not hes not been back on the thread since that comment..lol

Clearly an out-of-school comment.

anything/everything is available in dubai
    "Chicks dig the tentacles. That's why I keep 'em where they can see 'em."

Dubai is an awesome place to go the mall is awesome!! N values food n water I font know about that seeing people travel from all over the world to visit Dubai just for the shopping onto of a few other commodities they have over there.
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah dude, isn't Dubai in like Africa or something?? Or like maybe in one of them A'rab countries??? Yeah man, they have like no money, so how could they POSSIBLY have a hobby, outside of water and food? And they can't even afford pets!!!! What a tragedy, thank god Bradjolina will adopt all those puppies that were orphaned in Dubai. Haha.
    Yeah dude, Dubai has a crazy thriving economy, just check this AWESOME tennis court: World’s highest tennis court at Wayfaring Travel Guide
    I am sure that if you spend a day visiting that shop in the mall(keep in mind I have never been there) and looking around for "hobby shops" you will darned well find some 1:6 goodness in Dubai. My guess is that is where the rich and famous secretly buy their own mandollies so their agents don't find out, just like their antique cookie jar collections.

Chill out gents! Clearly I was just messin with the OP -_^! All research can be done via Google too. lol

Just some teasin' buddy, no hard feelings. We may not want to admit it, but we have ALL had a few interweb blunders under our belts. Cheers bud.

Are you talking about the "British" toy store chain up-stairs, rather large store, or is there a smaller one that just has figure type items. Thanks
    Squid with a syringe

The only store I know of is "cinema 1" in dubai mall. They sell all sorts of collectibles. Figues statues, the lot.They're rather overpriced though.I find it cheaper to order my figures from the USA or HK.
    Heres a link so you know what it looks like. It should help you find the store as well.

http://www.zdistrict.com/2010/10/18/...-1-dubai-mall/

Quote Originally Posted by drunk_leprechaun View Post
    The only store I know of is "cinema 1" in dubai mall. They sell all sorts of collectibles. Figues statues, the lot.They're rather overpriced though.I find it cheaper to order my figures from the USA or HK.
    Heres a link so you know what it looks like. It should help you find the store as well.

Z District Blog Archive Cinema 1 – Dubai Mall
    That is the one that I am talking about. They are expensive, but I guess it has a lot to do with the area. I was able to get him to go down on the prices on the figures that I got from them. He had no idea how hard they were to get stateside.