Negative eBay feedback - CAREFUL

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Negative eBay feedback - CAREFUL

Negative eBay feedback - CAREFUL

After more than 1200 eBay auctions, I had to leave negative feedback for two sellers recently. in each case, there was nothing but radio silence after the auction closed and I'd paid with PayPal. It was as if the seller dropped off the face of the earth. I waited until the final days to file a claim, did so, got my money back, and dutifully posted negative feedback as a warning to others: "Seller never surfaced. Had to file claim for refund." Neither seller ever contacted me to challenge the feedback. One of them is listed among the eBay 1:6 shops links in the left column of this page.

It's worth inserting here that that particular seller is still hosting auctions -- 367 of them -- and will still accept bids from me. I tried by "nearly" making a BIN purchase.

The odd thing is that three other 1:6 vendors on eBay have blocked me from bidding, even though I have 100% feedback and have made many purchases from them -- all ending in positive feedback given and received. Two of those three are also listed in the links at left.

As I attempt to make more purchases from my other regular sellers, I guess I'll see how wide the blacklist is. But it's pretty obvious that they've devised a way of filtering out any bidder who has left negative feedback for anyone.

I spoke with an eBay rep tonight who was startled when he looked at my history and saw the number of past transactions and the absence of problems between these sellers and me. But there's no policy (yet) limiting the right of sellers to restrict their bidders. He assured me he'd be sending this report up the food chain, and said, because he had to, "I hope this won't discourage you from leaving honest feedback." I laughed and said, "I'll never leave negative feedback again, no matter what happens. I need to buy my crap from these guys; I'm a customizer."

I won't name the vendors, because I don't really know whether their being listed is a courtesy OSW extends, or if they pay some consideration toward the board's maintenance. If a mod says I can spill, I will. But just consider this new trend before you post negative feedback for any eBay seller, because this is probably an automated process. These guys have hundreds of auctions and thousands of customers. I haven't been able to get any of them to answer my "what gives?" emails, even when sent, in one case, to their off-eBay direct site as well as through eBay and using the email address I've kept from past purchases. And these are the established, friendly sellers we regularly go to for our stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Negative eBay feedback - CAREFUL

I'm guessing these are overseas sellers?

That's very unfortunate.

I recently won the TS Specfigures SAS, paid ($136.00 USD), and then never heard anything from the seller for a week. Then he said he wasn't going to sell it and later cried when I gave him harshly worded negative feedback. Should have had a reserve...

Sorry to derail this...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gunm View Post
    I'm guessing these are overseas sellers?
    Yes, all outside the U.S. and all neighbors to one another. I think it has to be a software program doing the work, though, so it'll know no boundaries.

Reason why I gave up on most of them overseas dealers. There's no point to them anymore with the availability of once exclusive items finally showing up here in the US with dealers. Besides, their shipping charges are starting to get way out of hand.
    Last edited by The Great Shaggy; 04-05-2011 at 23:30.
    Molon Labe

Boy that sucks! Let us know what happens.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Shaggy View Post
    Reason way I gave up on most of them overseas dealers. There's no point anymore to them anymore with the availability of once exclusive items finally showing up here in the US with dealers. Besides, their shipping charges are starting to get way out of hand.
    ditto..plus the extra long shipping delays are not worth it anymore

Hadn't it been decided that a couple of those sellers are actually one person, or one operation? Maybe they just haven't gotten around to limiting you from buying from the account you left negative feedback for, but have in some of their others?

(Also, just taking a wild guess as to who you're referring to, based on the info you gave.)

Ah, the Store-Rooms network - sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'm going to guess it's BBICN and Store-Rooms, no?
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Wow, that's a sneaky way to work. Not cool. Great way to actually LOSE business.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Collector View Post
    Ah, the Store-Rooms network - sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'm going to guess it's BBICN and Store-Rooms, no?
    And when you mention Store-Rooms, you have to mention their alter-ego, "Commastore". These kinds of shenanigans and crazy shipping charges are why I gave up ordering from HK/Singapore/Malaysian dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Schultz View Post
    And when you mention Store-Rooms, you have to mention their alter-ego, "Commastore". These kinds of shenanigans and crazy shipping charges are why I gave up ordering from HK/Singapore/Malaysian dealers.
    +1 not ready to make assumptions about which companies are involved but I have sworn off overseas sellers. Too bad for the ones that really do try to please their customers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Schultz View Post
    I know of some Singapore dealers are reasonable.
    Considering shipping a headsculpt to worldwide is US$6

It cost about US$5.50 to ship to USA (with registered mail service)
    Another US$0.50 for envelope, bubble wrap and having to make the trip to post office. I think this is quite fair.

Not to mentioned Paypal gives a very bad forex rate, they also charge 4.5% for receiving funds and that include receiving shipping charge from the buyer...so all these add up.

I've gotten amazing service from these guys:
    stores.ebay.com/ShopOriental

It's mostly loose DML gear, but I'm pretty surprised to get the level of service from these guys that I've gotten, as I am usually very cautious and wary of HK sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK. View Post
    I know of some Singapore dealers are reasonable.
    Considering shipping a headsculpt to worldwide is US$6

It cost about US$5.50 to ship to USA (with registered mail service)
    Another US$0.50 for envelope, bubble wrap and having to make the trip to post office. I think this is quite fair.

Not to mentioned Paypal gives a very bad forex rate, they also charge 4.5% for receiving funds and that include receiving shipping charge from the buyer...so all these add up.
    My issue is that a lot of Headsculpt sellers do not offer a combined shipping rate if you want to get 2 or 3 heads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Shaggy View Post
    Reason why I gave up on most of them overseas dealers. There's no point to them anymore with the availability of once exclusive items finally showing up here in the US with dealers. Besides, their shipping charges are starting to get way out of hand.
    What happens when US or Canadian dealers run out of the stuff you are looking for? You have to go to a Hong Kong dealer. I would say that 90% of the board on the left are HK dealers. So, I naturally assume its one of them. Man, all I can say is that I'm sorry this happen to you. It is unfair, but HK island is small and word gets around. Many of the shops are on the same street.
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Actually that hasn't happen yet, Dav. Sure it might be a bit more time consuming in the search engines, but I was amazed the first time of how much was being offered here already that I could get faster, cheaper, and not dealing with the hassles of Ebay/PayPal. Of course there has been times that I couldn't find the items that I was looking for, then I turn to here and fire off an SOS to fellow OSWers to help me in my search. If that doesn't help then I dig deep into my secret stash of squiral-away parts to try and get a trade for what I need. If that doesn't help then I put the project on the back burner until I find the parts I need.

Case in point: Finished up a BHD Grenadier Ranger, took me seven months to complete and all the parts came from US Dealers or fellow OSWers here.
    Molon Labe

Seems shady. That's really good of you to warn the rest of us.

I noticed some weirdness with sellers in China - I had a couple of transactions that had minor problems with them resulting in negative/neutral feedback - needless to say, I'm unable to bid on any of their items now. The weird thing is that other sellers (also in China and with whom I've had absolutely nothing to do with) are now blocking me from bidding on their items too. I contacted eBay who basically told me they had (for reasons that remain a mystery to me) added me to their blocked bidders list. I contacted the sellers in question on 2 separate occasions and they were both adamant that they had not added me to their blocked bidders list. I contacted eBay again informing them of this, and eBay basically told me they were lying. Anyone else had this experience (btw - my eBay feedback is 100% perfect)

Thanks for sharing. Wish you had mentioned the specific sellers. You might want to reach to the mods vs waiting on them.

Don't feel bad though. If they are banning you they are approving of each other's actions. As a business owner there is a very small list of people I don't want to do business with because of the way they sell or buy. Reputations are hard to repair.

For all we know, those HK sellers could all be one and the same...........

A lot of them are.
    BBICN, Store-Rooms, Comma-Store, Orgar, and prob. one or two others are all the same person/company.
    Trade Feedback - Random WIP's
    "Shouldn't this guy have a goatee and a Glock?" - MediumMack *()* "[...] a 1/6 Aberdeen Proving Ground" - JTFazz

Quote Originally Posted by beachfly View Post
    That's very unfortunate.

I recently won the TS Specfigures SAS, paid ($136.00 USD), and then never heard anything from the seller for a week. Then he said he wasn't going to sell it and later cried when I gave him harshly worded negative feedback. Should have had a reserve...

Sorry to derail this...
    Sorry to hear this. I was bidding to this figure too (and I really need this guy:-D), missed the last minutes due to ...whatever and got really angry about that :-D

There are other combos of HK dealers that are the same people as well. I'm not just talking about the Store-rooms cabal, but others as well.

Some of them are actually fine to deal with. I got a bunch of stuff last year from 2 ebay stores affiliated with dollsfigure, and even when he messed up he was willing and pleasantly able to fix up the issues with a minimum of hassle. ShopOriental has been the same.

Writing off all HK dealers because a few of them are scummy is like.. writing off all US dealers because a few are scummy. Or all custom sculptors because of Chris Howes. You get the idea.
    Best thing to do IMO if you're not sure is to ask on OSW about a given dealer and see what feedback you get from our community about a seller.