1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?

Question 1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?

Ok, I am still trying to wrap my head around size/scale and was hoping that someone here might be able to shed some light on this subject.

I only collect 1/6 scale figures and have a few vehicles. I am in the process of scratch building a hot rod car and when looking for wheels, I came across a site called “large scale modeller”. This site is devoted to 1/8 scale cars/motorcycles. Now the question is. How close is 1/8 scale to 1/6 scale in terms of size. For example would they be so far off that no matter what the item is it would look to small. Or is it close enough that one would be able to use parts etc in 1/8 and they would look right next to a 1/6 scale figure.

Has anyone done this? Any examples someone can show? There are some really nice detailed model kits out there, just wondering if they can work with 1/6 scale figures….
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?

I would guess you could use parts from those models. They may look a little bit small-ish, but many of the mass production vehicles are actually much closer to 1:7 or 1:8 in size actually, namely 21st Century vehicles.

the items will look small. A vehicle that should be 8 foot wide in real life will be 12 inches wide in 8th scale, and 16 inches wide in 6th scale... 4 inches narrower, for example. Or less tall, if you go for height instead: (say, a Hummer 8 foot tall in real life, should be well over the head of a Joe figure. In 8th scale, it would be head high). If you mix and match parts, you might end up with a normal car body, with small wheels... kind of a chopped/barrio version of the car, for example, a low rider.

How much of a difference that makes to you and your enjoyment, only you can tell.
    I don't actively participate on this board much. You may email me at Graeylin at gmail.com if you need to speak with him.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Andrew, I do not know how this could help you, I always wanted a spare tire for my Hasbro FAV, I found this at a local thrift shop. It was from a New Bright 1/10, heck I don't know red Silverado, cover it with the BBI 3 color cover. The cover went Abyss, never got to do it. To my surprise it could pass as 1/6 tires. It looks like Yokohamas 225/235/40/HR17 on Fitipaldi wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?-001-jpg   1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?-002-jpg   1/8 scale VS 1/6 Scale Question?-003-jpg  

Basically 1/8 is only 3/4 the size of 1/6. Quite a difference when you get right down to it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I still might try and track down a few items but for wheels and larger parts I think, given what has been said, I will stay away from.

Again thanks

Fioski- those are really cool wheels, could use a set .
    " and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Andrew, it is just sitting here, you are welcome to have it and try to fiddle with it...who knows it might work. Judging by its looks and your knack for building, it will. Just PM me your address and its on the way. Let me return the Karma.