Hello and first question from a Noob

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Hello and first question from a Noob

Hello and first question from a Noob

Hello OSWers, I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and haven't had anything to add, but dangggggg, there is an incredible collection of pieces here. You guys rock, I mean it, you rock hard.

So's here my question... are there any sources for 1/6 scale children's bodies, something that might work for a 12-14 year old?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome to the board!! I know some people have used the Hasbro young Star Wars figure before.
    "Other people's illusion of safety does not supersede my human rights." -Gabe Suarez

Welcome aboard. This nuthouse is self maintaining and thrives due to the memberships participation. While you are here, your room is down the hall on the right. Enjoy your stay.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

well there was an ash ketchum figure made by medicom. not sure wat model body that is though

Welcome to the damn finest group of hobby enthusiasts you'll ever find brother!

Glad you asked this question, as it is one I have also wondered about. Lets hope someone out there has a good answer.

Anybody??????
    Archangel 6
    FLASH FORCE
    Strike 316
    http://www.archangelhq.com

you might look at some of the Harry Potter figures too... The star wars figures were used for a nice Hitler Youth, a while back, IIR...

Welcome aboard. As you see, you're in the hunt for some of the more obscure items, tho they do exist.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Welcome to the OSW.

Try Volks, they have some smaller figures.

The EB-mini may be suitable.

http://www.volksusa.com/dollfie-exce...base-body.html
    Mik

Welcome to the OSW.

In answer to your question, I will echo the others in saying that the Star Wars Anakin Skywalker figure from Episode I is probably your best bet. I think you could also use the Lord of the Rings "Hobbit" bodies from DiD as well.
    Maintiens le Droits

Hey welcome aboard! Try googling Volks and Obitsu. Hope this helps

For that age range, you could probably use the 25cm Volks Midi or some of the less busty Obitsu or Volks 27cm. For males, the Obitsu slim could work and Volks again has several that are smaller and slighter in build. It really depends on what you are using as a "standard" adult. Next to a Classic Collection or Super Articulated GI Joe, the 27 cms will look more adult while next to a Hot Toys body, they will look more like a kid. The Volks 22cm Mini can be purchased with either more child-like or more adult features, while the Obitsu 21 and 23 cm are clearly intended to portray prepubescent or early adolescent children. Although not easy to find and not really as well done as either Volks or Obitsu, I should also mention the Noix de Rome "Ninie". This was the body used as the base for those Lain and Armitage figures that were sold at places like Suncoast Video a few years ago.

It's worth keeping in mind that the bodies I mentioned have a certain amount of "anime-like" proportion to them. If you prefer the more realistic, scale model figure look that many customizers here strive for, the more "cartoony" look of Volks, Obitsu and others might be too much of a contrast. I personally like 'em but that's obviously a matter of individual taste. Also, these figures are not strictly fashion dolls... they are as posable as most common acton figure bodies on the market. As far as durability and posability, I prefer Obitsu to Volks although the Volks line has more variety of body types.

Thanks, thanks so much. I'll look into the Volks and the Obitsu then. I love this place.

Welcome to the OSW!

Welcome!! What period or periods are you into? I'm WWII and modern.

Oh, heck, I don't do anything collection-wise but collect the occasional police and modern military figure, mmm, and samurai. I am a designer, though, and we're considering a small run of a fun character based on a work by a contemporary artist. Sorry I can't say more yet...