Question: Any 1/6 shops in Bangkok?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Question: Any 1/6 shops in Bangkok?

Question: Any 1/6 shops in Bangkok?

Hi everyone, Yah that's YOU.

Will be travelling to Bangkok soon. The last time i was there, there was a 1/6 shop on the 6th or 7th floor of Mah Boon Krong(MBK) anyone who has been to Bangkok would know this place. The Bhat 199 place.

Recently my cousin was there for a conference, but he couldn't find the shop anymore.

So now i am drawing knowledge and wisdom of people in this forum
    :" By the power of Grayskull!????" (joking)

So does anyone have a good idea whether there are 1/6 shops in thailand. It there are could you share? Shops that sell loose items 1/6 will also do as i will be there for a longer period this time around.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most of those shops cleared out since last year in August when I was there. I'll be there in a day or 2 again. But judging by the mass exodous of shops I think what happened was MBK raised their rent and those shops can't afford to have their low margins squeezed to negative so they all bolted. I'm 99% sure that's what happen. Having that happening -- they prolly dispersed thorugh out the city. I will try to ask my friend if he knows, and if I have an addy I'll post it here. Off the top -- some how the building SECOM SQUARE (not Siam Sq) at the tip of the tonque. It's by a pier off the river.

Went over to BKK early this yr ... can not find sh#t
    this is the only store left
    http://www.iamtoys.com/
    they operate on eBay as well... got some hot toys and medicom stuff... a bit hard to get there ... traffic jam is just crazy around that area... good luck!
    also ive been trying to find those vinyl recast stores in bkk no luck what so ever... maybe they only operate at home via eBay.

good luck~

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IAMTOYS is a nice little shop located in the Supanlek area of BKK. And I do mean little - like a walk-in closet. The owner is a friendly guy named Tae. As zenoviper said he carries HT, Medicom and some Dragon as well. Loose parts are mainly HT with reasonably competitive prices - discounts also possible! I picked up the Scar Predator there for US$20 less than what I would have paid at home. He has on display a great collection of every HT figure since the beginning of time. In the same building, there are also various shops for smaller figures like ultraman, gundam etc.

But beware the traffic in that area - mind numbingly sloooow! Print the address from his website, give Tae a call and go early. For speed, take a tuk-tuk or if you're really adventurous (and fearless) take a motorbike taxi.

Just tell them Merry King store. He's in the building (2nd floor) slant across from Merry King. Everytime I go there by Taxi it costs me g.d. 180 baht round trip and that's huge over there. SECOM SQUARE is worth checking.

PS -- no way in hell those vinyl guys disappeared. They are around .. somewhere.

As Dudeman said, MBK's mostly a washout now - there is a number of toy shops on floor six, but very little 1/6 apart from an MSG set I saw that was dirt cheap.

I was there in 2002 and there was a shop dedicated to 1/6, but I was there last August and the lady who owned the shop was clearing another space for figs, but it was mostly Dragon/BBI left over from the last time I was there.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Just booked my ticket I'll be there tomorrow and give you some updates as to when ...

You'll not disappoint with I AM TOY. Hottoy stuffs are as cheap as in Hongkong. You may let him know that u get an information from OSW. You should get a discount coz he's the member here as well.

PS. Beleive me coz I'm a 1/6 collector who live in Bangkok.

Thank You everyone for the information.

Hey Dudeman, will be waiting for your valuable information.

Hey Prinz, thsi is your first post, welcome. Are you Thai? If you are you probably know all the places to source for 1/6 figs in BKK right?

Thank for any guys.If who will come can contact me first at [email protected] and let me know your email.

Come to think of it .. I can tell you there is a toy shop which carries some figures in Siam Square on the 4th floor I believe. But the selection is pretty low & there are no loose parts there. But there are figures, mostly Japanese. Missed my flight today by taking the garbage out right before leaving to catch the airport express and locked myself outside the flat with everything inside for an hour in my briefs with no key. Be there tomorrow now ...
    Last edited by dudeman; 05-13-2006 at 22:23.

Hey Dudeman,

Appreciate the info.
    By the way, Superman has not RETURNED yet! Haha!

Ok. I've just asked my friend who is a local and according to him -- the 12" colectible grade AF business in Thailand is so bad -- only IAMTOY remains as a shop. That's too bad -- because BKK was a good place to pick-up loosies, and sometimes the prices were cheaper than HK (not box sets, just loosies). Oh, well ...

Didn't make it out to IAMTOYS this trip. But I did see one store in the Fortune Center o the 3rd floor which had some BBi box sets. But they look like fairly old stock.