Alien Queen Help

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Alien Queen Help

Alien Queen Help

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any Alien Queen 1/6 scale ANYTHING out there?? For a long time now I have searched the internet for a Queen to go with my 1/6 and some 1/5 scale Aliens and now 14" Preds. I finaly found one site that claims to have a 1/6 scale Queen kits http://www.animehgk.com/HTML/Zrealht...ienmainv01.htm
    But I think the scale listed is a mistake and the dude hasn't writen me back (might be a language issue) . At this point I may even just buy a Palisades Toys Alien Queen. but at 20 inches tall (maybe just background eye candy?) it wouldn't be quite up to scale. Does anyone know how tall the Alien Queen is? Just wanted to figure out what the break down in 1/6 would be.

Any info would be awsome.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There's some speculation whether or not the Aliens in the background are 1:6 (I think there's a good chance they are cuz the Hick looks a bit like the 1:6 HT version). Not sure if there's an Alien Queen in the offering, but there seem to be a lot of aliens and pods.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

1/6th scale Aliens would be great. Finally a companion to our predadors and Marines.

Off subject...I love how the photo has the sign on it specifically asking for no pictures to be taken.
    ~Thats me in the corner, thats me in the spotlight, losing my religion~
    -=Cyber Bully=-

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not quite sure, but when you figure that the Queen is roughly 15-20 feet tall at 1/6 she'd be a monster. Outside of the 1/4 scale Winston studios prop, I think the largest queen sculpt was done by a GK sculptor named Thomas Kuntz in the early nineties in 1/5 scale (!!)...non-poseable model kit and $600 worth of resin...it was a beauty with clear cast teeth even! (I did a Google image search and some info popped up). Good luck on the hunt.
    It's never too late

Those aliens and marines are definitely not 1/6 scale.
    But the hope is there that Ripley, Drake and the aliens will get made in 1/6...

EDIT: BTW, I think that is the Tsukuda queen, if so, she's not 1/6 scale, she's roughly in scale with McFarlane's figures, albeit a bit small.

First off, no, those are not 1/6 in that picture. It would be great if they were, because we'd be almost guaranteed a Ripley and others.

As for the 1/6 Queen, nothing mass-produced, that's for sure. There have been a few 1/6 aliens (including the McFarlane 12"er that went with the Predator 12"er), but it was more statue-esque.

That sure looks like 1/6th Hicks and Vazquez, right down to the stands, and that looks like that prototype Ripley hiding behing Batmans ear.

i agree^. that definitely looks like the marines and Ripley to me. in 1/6. it's just perspective and depth in the pic making it look weird.

A 1/6th scale Queen would be twice the size of the McF one (It is approx 1/12th). Aside from being enormous the price tag would be astronomical. Also, where on earth would you put it!? Nahh, I'm afraid, unless you build one yourself, a 1/6th Queen is forever destined to be a pipedream.

You have to be realistic

CHEERS!

Do I have to do everything myself?

How is that for 'perspective'. Clearly his robe is right beside or even touching that Aliens table, and you can see by the shadow that there's enough room behind the Star Wars table for there to be a huge table of two rows of 1/6 stuff.
    AND those bases are definitely not the 1/6 ones.
    AND the "no photos please" placard is not 4" high as it would have to be if those were 1/6, it's clearly the same size as all the others. i.e. small.

Anymore questions, kind sirs?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee
    A 1/6th scale Queen would be twice the size of the McF one (It is approx 1/12th). Aside from being enormous the price tag would be astronomical. Also, where on earth would you put it!? Nahh, I'm afraid, unless you build one yourself, a 1/6th Queen is forever destined to be a pipedream.

You have to be realistic

CHEERS!
    Thanks for the info. As to where I would put it? Where there is a will there is a place. Basicly the only realistic shot of one would be alot of sculpty and a hell of a plan, and gobs of talent. I have seen 1/6 scale AT/ST's , F-15's , and Hueys. So hey you never...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Six
    There's some speculation whether or not the Aliens in the background are 1:6 (I think there's a good chance they are cuz the Hick looks a bit like the 1:6 HT version). Not sure if there's an Alien Queen in the offering, but there seem to be a lot of aliens and pods.
    Nah, those are not 1:6th Aliens and USCMs. They are 4" Snapkits.

Well dang Von Cougar, if you happened to mention that picture in the first place, it would have saved us a lot of time...

As Rogerbee stated, "we have to be realistic"... I realise that I'm posting a long time after this was started, but... People pay $1,000 for an Alien Queen BUST - would people not do the same for a 1/6 scale Queen FIGURE??!! AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO FEELS THIS WAY???? AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO WOULD PAY A S***LOAD OF MONEY FOR A FIGURE INSTEAD OF A STATUE??? Ugh.... believe me, I would, but I would never spend that much on a statue. Oh well...