One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Spock and Bourne customs

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Gruff Old Bear 
#1 ·
just a couple customs I've been working on for a while and finally got finished up.
First up Spock. This is an edylhands sculpt that I picked up here a long time ago. He sits on a modified dragon body. His legs have been extended so he's taller then the Kirk I've already done. I made the uniform and boots.

Next up Jason Bourne. I picked up the sculpt from Monkey Depot. I'm using a Hot Toys body here and I made everything except the boots on this one. Not 100% happy with his coat...still looks too bulky, but it was time to move on for now.

See less See more
#8 ·
Very nice customs. Hands down best Spock I've seen, and one of the best Jason Bourne's as well, easily recognizable. Soak that coat w/ some water and mold it to make it look less bulky (or even iron it flat), but looks really good to me.

#18 ·
Thanks everyone...I was glad to finally get Spock done. Now Kirk wont look so lonely on the shelf as the only one in bright colors!... Oh and regarding a bridge dio..I don't think theres room for one in the house! I have been working on a chair though, but like many things it's back burnered at the moment. Take a gander at Kirk trying it out.

#19 ·
Scifimetropolis tried to get a license for 12 inch classic ST figures but they were blocked out by the Art Asylum/Diamond agreement with the current owners of Star Trek. SFM produced prototypes of Kirk/Spock/McCoy/Scotty/Kang/Marta/radiation burned Pike. These were some of the best portraits I've seen of the actors from the original series. A member of the SSF board did a short run of unlicensed figures of Kirk/Spock/McCoy. The uniforms are quite nice. The head sculpts were okay, most who bought them changed out the inferior generic bodies. A company called Hollywood Collectors Group is releasing a series of 1/6th scale classic Trek statues. The first is Kirk in the command chair. The second looks to be Spock at his science station. I think these are being sculpted by Jim Maddox, who goes by edlyhands on message boards. I believe the Kirk and Spock heads pictured in this thread were sculpted by him as well. Chair looks good on the HCG Kirk statue. Not liking the Kirk sculpt, but that's probably because Shatner will veto any sculpt that actually looks like him. Really wish someone would tackle this that is willing to do at least the core seven and some aliens. In 1/6th.

#20 ·
you got it tubba, as I noted in the original post, Kirk and Spock are edlyhands sculpts. I think he only offered them for a short time and I was fortunate to get them, it just took a while to finish them. He really nailed Spock but Kirk isn't quite there. I don't know who did the Bourne sculpt, but like I mentioned, it came from Monkey Depot. I agree that its too bad there aren't better production run figures from the original series.

#21 ·
I remember seeing the pictures of the Trek figures on Sci FI Metropolis' site and was disappointed they never released them.

But I'm even MORE disappointed they haven't released the 1/6 Lost in Space Robot and Space Pod they promised!!!! I really hope those see the light of day one of these years.

Sean

#24 ·
I'm surprised Monkey Depot had that Damon. They now have the Longbow version in stock. Yours is by Rick Force, and it is available from Red Planet Toys. It was an RPT commission, and I'd thought it was exclusive to RPT. There's a Private Ryan-age version of the sculpt at RPT too. I have the Bourne version, and it's now in the hands of a magnificent painter who will be a while getting to it due to a mild backlog...:wink

Red Planet Exclusive Headsculpts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.