need help picking out clothes for a dollfie figure

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: need help picking out clothes for a dollfie figure

need help picking out clothes for a dollfie figure

It's not exactly an action figure I don't think, it's more like an art doll.

First, I would like to apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong section. I'm super new here and this is the only section I thought might work.

I'm making a doll that is based on one of the angels of death. He is an accuser, seducer, and destroyer. He is both evil and good. I need to know what clothes would make sense for how he is supposed to be, and wouldn't look terrible. The reason I am using mostly female clothes is because they are a lot cheaper than male clothes for some reason.

Please don't be a douche canoe when you answer.

My first choice: (I'm worried it will look strange because it's for female dolls though)

My second choice: I don't have a picture of it, but pretty much, it's that white outfit that the pope wears.

My third choice: Also don't have a picture of this one, but it's like a black half shirt that looks like the robes priests wear, and a pair of black pants.

My fourth choice:

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: need help picking out clothes for a dollfie figure

I've never dressed my guys in fem clothes... but I can tell you, those look kind of odd fitting and thight on HT Females. They're nice, but really tailored specifically for CG. The pant seam barely fits, you can't sit a TTF in that wihtout the crotch opening. I think the Men with Dolls forum has cross dressers who'd be experts at helping ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmond View Post
    I've never dressed my guys in fem clothes... but I can tell you, those look kind of odd fitting and thight on HT Females. They're nice, but really tailored specifically for CG. The pant seam barely fits, you can't sit a TTF in that wihtout the crotch opening. I think the Men with Dolls forum has cross dressers who'd be experts at helping ya.
    Thanks =] I'll post this question there then

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know what the final look is supposed to be like or what Dollfie body is being used but i Googled your discription and came up blank(maybe you can post a pic of this guy). If im correct the character is based on an Anime'.

if your dressing a Volks male EB figure, you should be fine with those clothes that you've shown, the clothes are made for the larger bodied CG type. If anything they may be a bit large in the girth for the EB male body(slight adjustments may be needed). the one problem i forsee is that the body of the costume (front kneck down under crotch and back up to the back of neck) may be to short for a male body.

If you're using a Volks Neo-EB guy you shouldn't have too much trouble, that figure is of a slight build. The torso on this one is even longer then the regulare EB body.

Now, if you're using a Neo-Guy, the Neo-Guy has a broader hip torso and shoulder area so the fit might be a little tight.

to give you an idea, in the past i dressed this post ap. type guy, i used a Hot Toys True Type and dressed him using mostly the clothes from a CG Rose. The upper part of the costume is a really tight fit, i had to move the snap out a bit but it's still really tight. the male torso is longer then the female torso so any clothing that is made for a female figure that has an upper part (sleeves shoulders) that is connected to the lower body part (bodice) will be too short in the torso area. the only reason that mine "fits" is because it's a corsette (no shoulders or sleeves).

hope this helps, would like to see your results.

Last edited by neoaxtion; 11-12-2010 at 00:57.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it"