Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)

Exclamation Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)

Hey guys!

I've had a total beauty of a day! I stopped by my retailer and you'll never guess what had arrived... only bloody Hubert!!

I know, I was totally floored when I walked in and saw that in front of me. I wasn't expecting to see him for another month at least, if ever! I'll put some pics down below that I took when I got home. Take a long look too, he doesn't look like that now. After much blood (literally too), sweat and nearly tears, I've converted him into One Man & His Dog as I originally conceived him.

I tell you, those DML heads are total mares to get off. You guessed it, I ripped out the bottom bit of the neck as well! Those things are a total pig to get on. I knackered one trying, but luckily I still had Adler's old bod on hand so things turned out right in the end.

So, I now have a suit and body waiting to become Henry. Hubert's suit is a tad light in colour, but who cares!? It'll do till something better comes along.
    (I've got a G1 on standby, just to keep my options open.) I've ordered the head from Lonnie, so, fingers crossed, I may have a finished Henry before next month is over.

Anyway enjoy the pix...

CHEERS!

PS (The last one is Henri Jones, I just wanted to try the hat out!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-my-hubert-0001-jpg   Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-my-hubert-0002-jpg   Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-my-hubert-0003-jpg   Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-henri-jones-0001-jpg  
    Last edited by rogerbee; 03-24-2006 at 13:37.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Rogerbee, try dipping the head in hot water for a couple of minutes to soften it up before removing it from the neck post next time. I think you'll find that it makes things much easier. Fine looking figure you have there. I think Dragon did a spot on job with the head sculpt, which brings up the question of why couldn't they get their female soldier (Heather) sculpt to look, well, female.

Has anyone tried to make one of these Jean Reno heads into his turkish character from 'Empire of the Wolves'? Awesome movie and seriously one of the toughest characters he's played in years, we're talking serious 'Cleaner'/'Professional" kick ass tough. Two big Munky thumbs up.

Very nice looking figure. I am happy for you and your new 'little friend'. Enjoy.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks guys!

I've not heard of that movie I'm afraid. Still, I'm happy with what I've got.
    Good tip about the heads, I'll have to bear that one in mind!

Regarding Heather, I thought she was the better one out of that range. The paintjob on the teeth is offputting but can easily be solved.

Anyway here's some pics of Hubert/Jean as he is now.....

CHEERS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-one-man-his-dog-2-0001-jpg   Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-one-man-2-0002-jpg  

Congrats roggerbee, it's always great to see someone snag that elusive figure or bit of gear. That looks like it would make for a good movie.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Thanks!

I think the movie may have already been done, he has quite a Bladerunner look to me.
    Mind you though, Jean Reno will probably have some serious ground to make up as The Pink Panther will doubtless bomb bigtime!

Cue Luc Besson style close-up of him screaming...

"POOOUUUUURRRQUUUUOOOOOIIIIIII!!!!!!"

CHEERS!

PS (I'll get some more bare hands soon so he can hold the gun better.)

I am curious about this 'one man and his dog' movie. I googled it and got a UK flic from 2004 ... is that what your talking about? It didn't have Jean in the cast.

Anyway, Empire if the Wolves (AKA L'Empire des loups) is a Luc Besson produced French actioner for last year. I got it at my local BallBuster (AKA BlockBuster) so it must be relatively available. Sweet film, and very unpredictable, which is a key criteria for me when reviewing any film. Check it out if you can find it.

I love your figure's scifi badass look, quite a dramatic piece of work.

Oops!

One Man & His Dog is the concept for the figure, not the title of any movie.

Anyway guys, I've been holding something back, but now I can reveal all, and you are going to LOVE this!!

You remember the shipment that contained my Hubert, well, he wasn't alone in there, oh no. He came with not one but, get this, TWO, ORIGINAL HK ONLY WASABI HUBERTS!!!! Oh baby yes!! I was sorely tempted to snag one but the HK suit wasn't what I was looking for with regard to Henry and I would have felt obliged to keep him mint and boxed which wasn't why I ordered him. Touching box was enough for me, and an almost religious experience it was too!

Whatever, one of you lucky lot could be touching box too as they have both appeared on eBay!! That's right, you could be the proud owner of an HK Hubert. I've seen them both and can vouch 100% for them, they are top figures. Here they both are....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRAGON-HUBERT-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRAGON-HUBERT-...QQcmdZViewItem

Happy bidding guys, I'm just gonna watch the fun!

CHEERS!!

what kind of gun is he holding here?? got any pics from the side?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-one-man-2-0002-jpg   Just look what I got this morning!! (And take a look at what YOU could get!!)-one-man-his-dog-2-0001-jpg  

Wasabi was pretty dope French action too. Very cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by david_kay
    what kind of gun is he holding here?? got any pics from the side?
    David,
    If I am not horribly mistaken, that is the pistol that came with one of the BBI 'Joanna Dark' figures.
    --See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil--

Nice fig mate! I use a hair dryer to heat up heads and boots to get them off. Sometimes they even call me.
    Famous last sayings: " Stand back! All of you!"

Thanks guys!

Yes, the gun is indeed the Joanna gun, I repainted it gunmetal today and it looks even meaner. I also gave him his shoulder holster and revolver. Not only that, he's also packing a rather large bayonet and a Desert Eagle so he's certainly packing heat!

I tried using a hairdryer, now this has usually been successful but Hubert's head never seemed to soften. Oh well, at least when Lonnie's Connery head arrives I've only got to attach it and not detach another.

CHEERS!

PS (Hubert One has 18hrs to go and 1 bid so I'd get in there if I were you!)