1/6th Scale Hawaiian shirt?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6th Scale Hawaiian shirt?

1/6th Scale Hawaiian shirt?

Does any manufacturer make a 1/6th scale mens Hawaiian shirt? And do any retailers carry them?

I recall seeing some in a "fashion set" previewed some time ago but never saw the set hit any retailers and I really didn't neeed any of the other stuff it came with anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6th Scale Hawaiian shirt?

Dragon did a few years ago

Think theres a My Name is Bruce figure out there that has one. Not sure its worth buying the figure just for the shirt.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Be careful though.....Ken's clothes will NOT fit most of our beloved action figures bodies; Ken was pretty skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by onesixthpolice View Post
    Ken was pretty skinny.
    As I've often said, the boy needs to put on a few grams...

Thanks for the quick replies. I was gonna edit because I forgot to mention that I have the old Dragon one but it's just hideous. I'm not even sure I'd call it a hawaiian shirt. But you guys had already replied.

I tried to snag one of the They Call Me Bruce shirt when Toy Anxiety parted him out but the shirt was what everyone wanted so they sold out long before I checked there.

Any idea if the Ken shirt would be large enough for a Dragon figure and go over the clothes the figure is already wearing? I'm looking for the shirt for my Firefly Wash figure and it needs to go over his flight suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon65 View Post
    Any idea if the Ken shirt would be large enough for a Dragon figure and go over the clothes the figure is already wearing?
    As I stated earlier, the Ken body is way smaller than a Dragon body, so if it truly is a "Ken" shirt, then no, it will NOT fit, it will be too small.

You'd be surprised actually, I'd give one a go. The Ken Henry Higgins gear will fit a Prometheus, and a G3.5. The G3.5 is pretty beefy too.

Ken might look skinny but the bodies are actually bigger than you think. They're taller than TT's and the shoulders are about as broad as a Narrow TT.

CHEERS!

Some time ago I saw a really cool in monkey.

((( WARNING: Not for children under 20 years )))

There was another thread here about the Crazy Owners (or was it In House) sets - both accessory and/or figure sets - and Hawaiian shorts came up. I myself asked if the sets with the Hawaiian shirts had been cancelled and the manufacturer replied "No". So I'm hanging in there and still waiting. But I'm going to have to give a couple of these other suggestions a try.

(I have a bash that's 99% complete except for that one last piece. I tried the DML shirt but it's too tight for the standard TT I used.)

Hello ACI or Crazy Owners ...Hawaiian shirts please?

Give ebay a go with a 1:6 search. There is/was a seller on there that a few different types. Thats where i got the one that my Burn Notice Sam will be wearing.
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

DML Wai or Chow had a hawaiian shirt

Mattel clothing are unpredictable in both cloth quality and cut. Some fit perfectly, some almost, some tend to bunch up over the shoulders, others... not. Some pant seats are too tiny and small, others are a perfect fit, etc. It's unpredictable. You might want to check MyScene too. Their clothing was a little more fashionable.

Power Team had one that was pretty decent, it was red with white floral pattern. I have one some where...Let me know if you need it.

About 5-6 years back, 21st Century Toys had a jeep and figure set that was a tie-in to the film Sahara. (It's based on a Clive Cussler novel about treasure seekers looking for a Confederate ironclad loaded with gold that disappeared in the African desert. The film starred Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn, Penelope Cruz and William H. Macy.) Anyway, the set was basically their WWII Jeep painted in desert colors with figures based on McConaughey and Zahn. Both figures wore Hawaiian shirts and khaki trousers. It was only available as a set; and being that it was one of the last, (if not the last) major sets that 21st released, it's pretty rare. That being said, the major draw was the jeep, so you might be able to pick up the figures or shirts from someone who bought the set. Look around ebay, or ask around some of the boards to see if someone who bought the set would be willing to sell/trade the Hawaiian shirts. I believe that the figures were based on 21st's "super-soldier" body, so the clothing should fit most other bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbee View Post
    You'd be surprised actually, I'd give one a go. The Ken Henry Higgins gear will fit a Prometheus, and a G3.5. The G3.5 is pretty beefy too.

Ken might look skinny but the bodies are actually bigger than you think. They're taller than TT's and the shoulders are about as broad as a Narrow TT.

CHEERS!

Yep, I agree here, it does...gangstha on a BBI G3 body. This shirt will fit on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidah Drivah View Post
    About 5-6 years back, 21st Century Toys had a jeep and figure set that was a tie-in to the film Sahara. (It's based on a Clive Cussler novel about treasure seekers looking for a Confederate ironclad loaded with gold that disappeared in the African desert. The film starred Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn, Penelope Cruz and William H. Macy.) Anyway, the set was basically their WWII Jeep painted in desert colors with figures based on McConaughey and Zahn. Both figures wore Hawaiian shirts and khaki trousers. It was only available as a set; and being that it was one of the last, (if not the last) major sets that 21st released, it's pretty rare. That being said, the major draw was the jeep, so you might be able to pick up the figures or shirts from someone who bought the set. Look around ebay, or ask around some of the boards to see if someone who bought the set would be willing to sell/trade the Hawaiian shirts. I believe that the figures were based on 21st's "super-soldier" body, so the clothing should fit most other bodies.

This is the one, it is has a very nice fit typical of a hawaiian shirt, loose, but the problem I hated was that the sticker like print is flaking off, sooner or later it will end up as an orange shirt.

I did an eBay search for a 1/6 Hawaiian shirt and nothing came up, I found what I did with a search for Ken.

That light blue one wouldn't be too bad for Wash.

CHEERS!

Monkeyman: I may well take you up on that! Thanks!

38oliver: Yeah, those are the sets I was thinking of. I figured they had come and gone and I had just missed them. Good to know but I hope they come out soon, it's has been awhile since they were announced.

Yeah, I've been checking eBay every week or so since Trevor started offering the Firefly sculpts and not seen any listed. That and Boot finishing my Walsh sculpt paint ops. prompted me to start asking since I've had no luck otherwise. Wash always wore pretty tame Hawaiian shirts so the Dragon one I've been using as a stand in has to go.

I located a site that has Hawaiian shirts. www.hawaiianedollclothes.com
    I am making a GI Joe Chuckles and after searching Ebay and loose 1/6th online stores, I located the above. The shirt I purchased is identical to the one Chuckles wears in the comics.

If you have a Big Lots they may have a Mattel Elvis Blue Hawaii doll. He's got a great looking red .... with white flowers, also comes with a ukelele.

i only have this pants

for sale if interested,just pm me

wasnt sideshow spike releasedwith a hawaiin shirt as an exclusive ?? that might work

Quote Originally Posted by fioski View Post

This is the one, it is has a very nice fit typical of a hawaiian shirt, loose, but the problem I hated was that the sticker like print is flaking off, sooner or later it will end up as an orange shirt.
    Earlier this year this one seemed to be all over eBay, I picked one up for just .99p. Now it's just disapeared

Keep searching. I've seen that shirt several times on ebay the last few weeks.
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

That orange shirt is from the 21st Century set "Sahara" from the move with Mathew Maconahay. I believe it was a two pack with this other outfit..I have both...

" and just what would you do with a Brain, if you had one"? "Prince, harley....come on....Cooper you are such a goofball
    My Photo Album:
    http://s164.photobucket.com/user/cru...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by fioski View Post

Not a true Hawaiian shirt but close. I got one at One Sixth Depot a while back. Is Bear still in business? If not then eBay would be your best shot (try the ones on the left of this page or search for the shirt in 1:6 or for dolls). Also try Toy Anxiety, search every vendor on their loose parts page - you may get lucky.

The Dragon one is from "C.I.D. Wai", an early HK law enforcement release. It's not a bad shirt, more batik design than the traditional Hawaiian repetative floral design that's cut oversized (see the attached pic). Use it on a thinner body and it will look right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/6th Scale Hawaiian shirt?-nolte-hawaiian-shirt-jpg  
    "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers."