UK show october 2010

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK show october 2010

UK show october 2010

Hi guys/girls

there is an action figure show in chepstow , wales, uk on the 31st october 2010 anyone going it would be nice to catch up with some of you.

martin

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: UK show october 2010

Wish I could make it Tommy, but I can't see me making it back to the UK until next year.

Don't understand why that most of the UK 1/6th figures show ARE always located outside from London, Far far far away from London!

I haven't yet attended a 1/6th figure show in London areas . .

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i'll speak to me cousin an see if he fancies it
    beers are on me.......your buying the whiskey

why not liverpool? its an up and coming city?

Quote Originally Posted by niall33 View Post
    Don't understand why that most of the UK 1/6th figures show ARE always located outside from London, Far far far away from London!

Probably due to:
    It's expensive to park.
    It's expensive to drive to, with UK fuel prices (point of origin dependent).
    It's expensive to drive through London (congestion charge etc).
    It takes as long to drive through London as getting there.

All that hassle before we even part with our hard earned? Plus it seems that any event in London automatically inflates it's prices as the sellers have the above to recoup when selling their (already) overpriced goods.

It's not London's fault on a lot of that. I could pop to Chepstow for example and pick up a few cheap bits loose and maybe a figure or two boxed for what it would cost me to just get to London and park up. It's financial - not personal I think.

I'm only 22 minutes from Chepstow (Bristol), where can I find more details on this e.g. location and entrance fee?

could only find details on a show on the 4th?
    Last edited by fantasticaldave; 10-05-2010 at 08:50.

too far for me unfortuantly as I woudl love to show support to anyone who take the time to organise these things

I do miss the Hatfield show (used to be the london 1/6th show), that was close enough to London to serve the south but being higher up used to get people from further north coming along, although the last Hatfield show I actually did a stall (my first!), would of been much better just to sell online as next to no punters turned up but I think that was due to lack of advetising. but did have a great time chatting to other collectors

would be great to have enough shows around the UK so that at least one is in your neck of the woods. Thats how it used to be when I first got into Action man, there were a few shows all over.

If there are enough of us in the south who want to do one, I would do everything I could do to help make it happen, but its all down to attracting people away from their PC's to buy stuff, as ebay costs no petrol money, no entrance fee, no half a day travelling.

but on the plus side its brilliant catching up with people, not to mention grabbing a rare bargain, or doing some trades to get what your after
    I pose dollies, we take pics!
    www.vonabt.co.uk

its at the severn bridge social club ,chepstow starts about 9am for early birds £5 and 10am for everyone else £2. you can get breakfast and lunch all at a good price and you can take figures/vehicles and dioramas to display or enter the competion. in adition to traders the
    1/6th scale tank club will be there too.

martin

You should try finding 1/6th in Norfolk! One retailer does HT, one does the revamped Action Man stuff and DML and the other has DID but only LOTR. That's all in Norwich too! Thank the lord for eBay is all I can say!

CHEERS!

Hey fellas, you want to try living over here! it's a lonely church bell and tumbleweeds as far as 1/6th goes.
    We have to travel to get water for goodness sake...

you wanna try living in merseyside, the couple of local shops that did trade have all stopped now

For me at least, you can't beat that tactile 'hand-on' feel of picking something up and inspecting it before buying.

The economic truth for me though is that without overseas sellers in the US and HK etc I would not be able to buy. When I started out (swings lamp) then I could pick up a boxed figure from DML in the UK for around £25. Now I have to spend that for something like a 1/6 rifle...

Sure there's bargains, often in unlikely places, if you look around but if you want something specific then for a UK buyer you have to shop abroad.

I like meeting fellow 1/6'ers at these shows but there you go. That said I'm hoping to make it to the Chepstow gig - haven't been to one for ages.

Hey thanks for the heads up TommyG
    The early bird entry is to get in on the bargins right? might just have to go for that, lol

Cool! I'm in Swansea not far at all!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Martin, could you also post this over on OneSixth UK please?

Liverpool does need a figure shop. Forbidden Planets HT are £50+ more than eBay.

come on guys its a great day out, i drive from the midlands every year, have my breakfast spend my cash , have lunch spend more cash i always take an entry for the competion and when i get home the wife always moans ive wasted more money. what more could you want.
    honestley guys ive been for the last 3 years its a great atmosphere theres modern,ww2,hot toys ,action man. i always used to go to loughbourough and hatfield but save my cash for this one and the coalville one which is also 3 times a year.

martin

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchirwin71 View Post
    Liverpool does need a figure shop. Forbidden Planets HT are £50+ more than eBay.
    You from Liverpool as well then? Even the model shop in St. Johns centre where i got my very first figure has gone down hill

I`d love to attend a show, unfortunately Chepstow is 4 & 1/2 hours away, baaaaaaahhhh.....
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. "

I cant understand why they dont do one in london either? And i deffenately dont agree with (Scaley ) No malice intended!!! london is a big place so they dont have to do it bang smack in the middle of london they could do one on the outskirts of london!!! And why is it that they are always in wales? oh and i do love wales so no malice there either!!! lol why not birmingham NEC or even croydon?

well that was the first 1/6 show I've been to, and I'd definately go again
    Wrong side of payday for me to really pick up too much stuff, but I'll be on the lookout for more of these shows in the future

p.s. are there listings of these shows online somewhere or do you just play it by ear?

Quote Originally Posted by niall33 View Post

It actually makes a nice change something to be done outside of London for once! Most things I attend for reenacting etc don't believe life exists outside London/South East lol
    1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

Sadly I couldn't even though it was so close! Broke and busy/ knackered. Sorry all.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

Nice to know that the UK has events like this. To far for me to travel but glad to see that London doesn't get it.
    Everything "event" wise in almost every genre is put in London, just because its the capital does not mean its the centre of the UK's universe lol.

Is this the only location,show and month that we get a 1/6 show in the UK ?. Would be nice to know in advance so I can attempt to plan a trip one year.

i only found out about this show 2 days after the show!! which is really annoying as i only live a few miles away!!
    does anyone know if this show will be on again?
    and how would you enter the custom figure competition if it was on next year ?
    Last edited by Rifleman Rat; 11-04-2010 at 10:34.

Did any one take some pics as I was broke.

This show is usually on once possibly twice a year if memory serves. Not sure in entry for competition
    1:6th is like the Mafia...you can't ever leave it....alive

www.hellblazer.biz

this show is once a year and if you want to enter the comp you just take what you want to the show and display it. there are 3 other shows a year in coalville run by the same people the next one is december 2010.

martin