One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

UPA soldier 1947 (a kitbash)

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  basx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all:
Here's a simple kitbash of a Ukranian soldier of the UPA 1947. Inspired by plate H3 from Osprey's Ukranian armis 1914-55

kit break down:
Rudy bought loose
hands: also bought loose
helmet and camo cover from the Elite German officer set 3 or4
jacket: German M43 uniform
pants Elite German officer set 3 or 4 ( I can never remember)
boots: Elite German officer set 3 or4
belt:Elite German officer set 3 or 4
MP40 and pouch (Dragon loose)

I removed the eagle with a product called Lestoil. It's a popular citric/ammonia cleaner in North America.

Hope you like him. It was fun.

Sorry about the helmet, this is what,s known as the melon head problem caused by Dragon helmets and heads :)

xavier

See less See more
#2 ·
Lol, basx has figures! It wasnt just that one guy! ;)
Hehehe.. I have quite a few guys with oddly large noggins too. I guess some 1/6 soldiers prefer to go coverless :p
Did their army use surplus or captured afterwar stuff?
Hmm it looks like the lestoil left a funny white residue on the uni. Do you think it would wash out? It appears to have completely stripped the insignia from the uni tho. Heh, hope you have as much [if not more] fun on your next fig :D

#3 ·
Saiko:
O yeah I have about 30 or so figures.:lol I have another one on tap; I just need to wait a bit before buying more loose stuff. I even have a small surprise but I haven't decided what he should be just yet.
Actually, I'll buy a M43 cap when I order again

I did wash out the uniform quite thorougly but I guess I let it soak just a little too long. Next time I soak the toothbrish in the lestoil instead of the uniform. I don't mind teh white stuff makes the discolouration even more realistic :p

The UPA used not only surplus German, Italian stuff as well captured Soviet gear and clothes (after 1950) but they traded stuff with the Slovenian, Czechoslovkian and Polish occupation troops. If you have a chance take a look at the aforementioned Osprey booklet. Lots of kitbashing ideas during the postwar period

xavier

#5 ·
Urban:
Yeah :lol I always take my photos on the dining room table. Since the solarium is the most well lit room in the house (except for the terrase but it's kinda hard to take photos when there's snow :p)
Thanks for your kudos. I'm actually having fun subverting the dominant paradigm by kitbashing the immediate WW II period. I have lots more projects in mind.

Is your website up and running? There are a few loose items I,d like to buy and I want to try your place ;)

xavier

#6 ·
basx said:
Urban:

Is your website up and running? There are a few loose items I,d like to buy and I want to try your place ;)

xavier
Hey its funny that you should mention that, I'm currently re-designing my website as we speak with some helpful tips that Ronin Six is providing me with. Its going to be more user friendly and neat. :)

When customers are not around, I spend most of my downtime working on my site.

#7 ·
Lol. Evil post-ww2 bashing librarian!
Ah when I first looked at it, I thought you had sparingly weathered it with a little fading here and some brown on his left chest. :p
Heh, I just noticed, that piece of posterboard you use as the backdrop, is that like a distant mountain range or something? Hmm UPA, its whats for dinner ;)

#8 ·
Saiko:
Yeah it,s curious that the brown stain shows up in the photo. In real life I don't see it. Well it wouldn't be a bad idea to find those electric train background posters. Verlinden uses them for his background shots

Urban:
I popped by the site. Looks good but some links don't work yet. Yeah well I did see under construction sign and the sawdust :p Look foward to when its done :)

xavier

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.