DML Chinese Astronaut.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: DML Chinese Astronaut.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    To Infinity and Beyond...
    Posts
    5,194

    Thumbs up DML Chinese Astronaut.

    Yeah, I wish!

    Do you think DML should release a space suited Chinese astronaut celebrating their achievements in recent successes with their upstart space program activities? The type of spacesuits worn by the chinese astronauts looks to be modeled after the Soviet Cosmonaut attire - SOKOL KV-2 spacesuits. Dragon could also kill two birds with one stone and therefore make a Cosmonaut figure in the process, don't cha think?

    I hope they'll make these very cool looking suits at some point.

    www.hightechscience.org/sokol_suit.htm newwindow
    www.zvezda-npp.ru/english/00.htm newwindow


  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    rambeau87 Unregistered Guest
    Oh not cool dude.

    Yes I would but I'd rather see a modern space-shuttle guy first.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chico, Calif.
    Posts
    10,477
    I'd be interested if they did.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    To Infinity and Beyond...
    Posts
    5,194
    Hey rambeau87, didn't mean to mislead you on that one dude! You know, BBI's U2 Pilot could double for a space shuttle guy as well, since the type of suit he's wearing is not far from the same type/design configuration of the suits the space shuttle crews are wearing. The color of the suit should be change to a darker pumpkin orange shade, though.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ottisburgh....Ottisburgh?
    Posts
    1,136
    I'm sure the space fans would love it, but for some reason, DML has been reluctant to make Chinese figures that are not Hong Kong related. Scott Crawford on the MDFC Board stated that Dragon sees itself more as a Hong Kong company, than a Chinese one. This is why we haven't seen any WWII or Korean War Chinese figures. Chinese Astronauts? Who knows...
    But history, which is never tidy, must always end with questions. Conclusions are much too convenient.
    --Antony Beevor

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    To Infinity and Beyond...
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGENE
    I'm sure the space fans would love it, but for some reason, DML has been reluctant to make Chinese figures that are not Hong Kong related. Scott Crawford on the MDFC Board stated that Dragon sees itself more as a Hong Kong company, than a Chinese one. This is why we haven't seen any WWII or Korean War Chinese figures. Chinese Astronauts? Who knows...
    Well DML could circumvent the mindset of being a 'Hong Kong only company' by producing a Russian Cosmonaut figure w/SOKOL KV-2 spacesuit (I'm sure they won't object to that) then it's up to us to customize a Chinese astronaut.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    To Infinity and Beyond...
    Posts
    5,194

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1,325
    Actually, a chinese company made these last year, can't recall which one tho... that's the same one that did the mainland chinese policeman with the dog... I'll try to find pictures of it...

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    To Infinity and Beyond...
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by real action man
    Actually, a chinese company made these last year, can't recall which one tho... that's the same one that did the mainland chinese policeman with the dog... I'll try to find pictures of it...

    I think this is what you were refering to: http://www.artoftoy.com/fichas.html

    It's kinda like an SOTW-esque figure, but not too shabby. I'd rather have Dragon do one...or maybe even BBI since I like the way BBI makes their pilot figures! How about Hot Toys do one?

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1,325
    yep, that's the one, as you said, it's not really outstanding quality...

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1

    Re: DML Chinese Astronaut.

    Quote Originally Posted by AV8TORJoe View Post
    I think this is what you were refering to: http://www.artoftoy.com/fichas.html

    It's kinda like an SOTW-esque figure, but not too shabby. I'd rather have Dragon do one...or maybe even BBI since I like the way BBI makes their pilot figures! How about Hot Toys do one?
    Howdy!

    I've ended up with one of these due to dealings with an estate. I can't find out squat about it, any ideas as to worth (for insurance or sale, either one)?

Similar Threads

  1. Weapon | Major Update. WWII & Modern Weapons Collection for 2018 Not For Sale
    By Davinator65 in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 03:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DML Chinese Astronaut.
[X]