DML Chinese Astronaut.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DML Chinese Astronaut.

Thumbs up DML Chinese Astronaut.

Yeah, I wish!

Do you think DML should release a space suited Chinese astronaut celebrating their achievements in recent successes with their upstart space program activities? The type of spacesuits worn by the chinese astronauts looks to be modeled after the Soviet Cosmonaut attire - SOKOL KV-2 spacesuits. Dragon could also kill two birds with one stone and therefore make a Cosmonaut figure in the process, don't cha think?

I hope they'll make these very cool looking suits at some point.

www.hightechscience.org/sokol_suit.htm newwindow
    www.zvezda-npp.ru/english/00.htm newwindow

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

rambeau87 Unregistered Guest
    Oh not cool dude.

Yes I would but I'd rather see a modern space-shuttle guy first.

I'd be interested if they did.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey rambeau87, didn't mean to mislead you on that one dude! You know, BBI's U2 Pilot could double for a space shuttle guy as well, since the type of suit he's wearing is not far from the same type/design configuration of the suits the space shuttle crews are wearing. The color of the suit should be change to a darker pumpkin orange shade, though.

I'm sure the space fans would love it, but for some reason, DML has been reluctant to make Chinese figures that are not Hong Kong related. Scott Crawford on the MDFC Board stated that Dragon sees itself more as a Hong Kong company, than a Chinese one. This is why we haven't seen any WWII or Korean War Chinese figures. Chinese Astronauts? Who knows...
    But history, which is never tidy, must always end with questions. Conclusions are much too convenient.
    --Antony Beevor

Quote Originally Posted by GIGENE
    I'm sure the space fans would love it, but for some reason, DML has been reluctant to make Chinese figures that are not Hong Kong related. Scott Crawford on the MDFC Board stated that Dragon sees itself more as a Hong Kong company, than a Chinese one. This is why we haven't seen any WWII or Korean War Chinese figures. Chinese Astronauts? Who knows...
    Well DML could circumvent the mindset of being a 'Hong Kong only company' by producing a Russian Cosmonaut figure w/SOKOL KV-2 spacesuit (I'm sure they won't object to that) then it's up to us to customize a Chinese astronaut.

Actually, a chinese company made these last year, can't recall which one tho... that's the same one that did the mainland chinese policeman with the dog... I'll try to find pictures of it...

Quote Originally Posted by real action man
    Actually, a chinese company made these last year, can't recall which one tho... that's the same one that did the mainland chinese policeman with the dog... I'll try to find pictures of it...

I think this is what you were refering to: http://www.artoftoy.com/fichas.html

It's kinda like an SOTW-esque figure, but not too shabby. I'd rather have Dragon do one...or maybe even BBI since I like the way BBI makes their pilot figures! How about Hot Toys do one?

yep, that's the one, as you said, it's not really outstanding quality...

Re: DML Chinese Astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8TORJoe View Post
    I think this is what you were refering to: http://www.artoftoy.com/fichas.html

It's kinda like an SOTW-esque figure, but not too shabby. I'd rather have Dragon do one...or maybe even BBI since I like the way BBI makes their pilot figures! How about Hot Toys do one?
    Howdy!

I've ended up with one of these due to dealings with an estate. I can't find out squat about it, any ideas as to worth (for insurance or sale, either one)?