1/6 scale kids?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale kids?

1/6 scale kids?

Hi if this already exists please delete.

I was wondering if there where any 1/6 scale models of children?
    Would have been cool to have a hot toys true type body but i know thats asking allot

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 scale kids?

The only ones I would be aware of are the DID Timo Ducker and another HJ one. I've been looking myself for a diorama I am planning

I think it's been mentioned before, don't know if any other suggestions popped up, apart from the DiD HJ youth figures. DiD also di a "CJ7" figure with the same body.
    Seems to me, as the HJ/CJ7 body is so slender, that some cutting for height reduction is eminently possible. Might get around to shortening some of mine one day.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I use Barbie kids.

- Ivan.

I remember seeing Harry Potter figures that came out several years back for the earlier movies. I'm not sure what the poseability on them was; but you might try looking out for them.

What about those Mego-style figures that are appearing in Toys R Us? They are about 8 inches tall. I'm not sure what you could use for heads or clothing - maybe modified Barbie stuff?
    The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
    Is the terrible AT-AT Walking Machine.
    It's as big as a house on walking legs,
    And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England

hasbro anakin from star wars episode 1. articulation is poor but its more or less proportionate.

The Obitsu 21 cm is the best articulated and it's pretty sturdy, you'll probably have to sculpt your own head and sew it's clothing though.

Volks 21cm, like all the Volks bodies feels like it's going to fall apart any moment, plus the elbows aren't double jointed so the figure can't reach it's own face. They also have their no no parts sculpted fyi, just to spare you the wtf??? factor if you get them.

The DID teen bodies are about the size of a 12-14 year old. The articulation isn't that great and they squeak so much that I'm afraid to pose them. I've got the SS Youth with trumpet and the CJ7 kid.

I think Obitsu with a costum made head is best. I use Obitsu for kids and teens. They're sturdy and have a great range of motion. They're skinny but I guess you can add size to them with some sort of clay or something? If you're gonna use Barbie stuff, you might as well use the Obitsus instead. They're alot more fun to pose.

EDIT
    I'd love for Hot Toys to make all sorts of age group base figures and body types too! Maybe even some 1/6 dogs and cats too. Obitsu sells an articulated 1/6 dog: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliac...7618126211878/
    Last edited by Redmond; 09-16-2010 at 10:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Glidah Drivah View Post
    I remember seeing Harry Potter figures that came out several years back for the earlier movies. I'm not sure what the poseability on them was; but you might try looking out for them.
    This is an HP figure:

Thumbs up Re: 1/6 scale kids?

If your looking for girl figures check these out. Wal Mar and Target cleard these out a while ago but here's an auction for them. (Not mine) I purchased all of them and plan to use them in a future project.

JUKU COUTURE DOLL AUDRINA AND FASHION PACKS HUGE LOT - eBay (item 270629537149 end time Sep-30-10 20:11:00 PDT)

AFM

Quote Originally Posted by Redmond View Post
    The Obitsu 21 cm is the best articulated and it's pretty sturdy, you'll probably have to sculpt your own head and sew it's clothing though.

Obitsu is fairly cheap and well made. Good articulation also, as you've said.

On michael Crawfords site he has a review for a new Michael Jackson figure that looks like it has a great body at a kid sized scale.

Michael Jackson Billy Jean action figure - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbeak View Post
    On michael Crawfords site he has a review for a new Michael Jackson figure that looks like it has a great body at a kid sized scale.

Michael Jackson Billy Jean action figure !
    Whoa...that body has definite possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by jaztermareal View Post
    hasbro anakin from star wars episode 1. articulation is poor but its more or less proportionate.
    I was going to use him for a HJ figure but he looks too big and bulky and his head is enormous.
    Last edited by zombie; 09-16-2010 at 17:33.

The MJ figure is pretty promising if Playmates end up making more figs like that at a low price. Love the double jointed neck.

This site shows the Juku Couture articulation set up: http://www.scary-crayon.com/toys/jukuaudrina/

I used the 8-inch figure body available from castawaytoys and a headsculpt I picked up from Classic TV Toys - Home to make a kid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61HC3q90HM]YouTube - 8 inch tall kid test[/ame]

I didn't think he turned out too badly!

What's really interesting is that except for the Obitsu 21 cm, I have just about all the others mentioned here.

The Hasbro Anakin figure has non-removable boots and a painted on pattern around the neck. Weird. I have one but haven't figured out how to use him yet. He also needs feet because when you remove those strange boots, there aren't any feet.

I have a Harry Potter and even a Hermione. The articulation is no better than the better Mattel Barbie kids.

I have at least one of the Juku figures. I can't remember exactly what I find objectionable. I believe this figure is by Jakks Pacific.

- Ivan.

EDIT
    I'd love for Hot Toys to make all sorts of age group base figures and body types too! Maybe even some 1/6 dogs and cats too. Obitsu sells an articulated 1/6 dog: Obitsu 1:6 Dog - Poseability | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

HT needs DESPARATELY to do a T-2 teen John Connor to complete that series.

Sideshow (or somebody) needs to do Short Round

Jim

Never pass up an excuse to show some zombies

These two are / were DiD HJ figures

The MJ figure is pretty promising if Playmates end up making more figs like that at a low price. Love the double jointed neck.

This site shows the Juku Couture articulation set up: Scary-Crayon reviews... "Juku Couture" Audrina!!!
    Look like you could make a pretty decent Hit Girl out of that body.

How about the Max from Where the Wild Things Are, made by Medicom. It is a kid. But the cost is a bit much.

Toys R Us is carrying a line of of 10" figures that are a decent size but none look too young. I would imagine the bodies would work with Barbie teen heads. I only have the two DiD HJ figures but look at smaller scale figures for bodies and just replace the heads with younger looking heads.

The Harry Potter line had several preteen/teen figures that would work. I forgot I got the girl for a Natalie Portman from The Professional project I was working on.
    John Romano
    New England Area One-Sixth Scale
    Bella detesta matribus

For mine, I picked up a couple of "Only Hearts Club" girls at Tuesday Morning. The bodies are plush over a wire armature, so they're basically useless, but the heads are pretty nice, and they (as well as the clothing) fit well on an Obitsu 21/23 cm body. I'm afraid I can't find any pictures of them right now, but I can try to snap a few later if anyone is interested.

[quote=Redmond;1450239]I'd love for Hot Toys to make all sorts of age group base figures and body types too!
    Fat chance! Why waste time and money on a "maybe" when their already making a killing off their nudes!
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

The "Only Hearts" accessories are pretty good, but even the heads are kind of goofy looking. The bodies as you noted are pretty much worthless. As for Obitsu, I haven't quite figured out how to make the arms and legs stay put. The precision is good, the friction is good, but there isn't anything but friction keeping the parts in place. I don't have a 21cm Obitsu but I do have larger ones.

Recently I came across a "Liv Doll" which has a giant head. The head is pretty much worthless, but the bodies are not bad and are a pretty good deal for an older teen girl.

- Ivan.

On the same note, what bodies could one use for dwarves or "little people"?

Quote Originally Posted by Texastoyz View Post
    On the same note, what bodies could one use for dwarves or "little people"?
    I know members here modify dragon bodies for dwarves to great effect. I think there is a tutorial floating around here somewhere.

I used Sideshow hobbit bodies for my dwarf and I was very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by zebraten View Post
    I know members here modify dragon bodies for dwarves to great effect. I think there is a tutorial floating around here somewhere.

I used Sideshow hobbit bodies for my dwarf and I was very pleased.

Thanks, i'll check up on that.

Great topic!

What kind of clothes fit the DID Youth figures?! Are there any available "off the rack" that you don't have to mod?

DD

Ken clothes fit badly. Perhaps some Big Jim stuff would fit? I think it's best to sew your own stuff.