1/6th Livestrong Bracelet

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6th Livestrong Bracelet

1/6th Livestrong Bracelet

Hey, maybe you've heard of this guy, named Lance Armstrong. I think he ride in some bike race somwhere... the details are a little bit fuzzy, since he's not very well known.

All right, all sarcasm behind, the Lance Armstrong Foundation has sold approximately 55 MILLION yellow silicone LiveStrong bracelets since the launch of the campaign. I'm an admirer of Lance, his story, courage, and raw athletic ability. I've been trying to figure out a way to make a 1/6th scale LiveStrong bracelet for ages now, and I finally have a solution. I asked my parter to pick me up some replace ment heads for my Oral B electric toothbrush. I was just replacing the old one when I realized I forgot to put on the little colored 'ID' ring. Well, I think you can see where this is going.

The LiveStrong bracelets have inspired a lot of similar bracelets as charity fundraisers. The Oral B replacement head ID rings come in a bunch of different colors, so you can probably find a corresponding charity if you want to go with something other than yellow.

Here's my JTF fig from a while back wearing his brand new bracelet.

www.livestrong.org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/6th Livestrong Bracelet-livestrong-1sixth-jpg  
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    Cool, I was wondering when these would appear in the 1:6th world after seeing it on us mil personnel in iraq

.... maybe it is time for a new toothbrush..... >:P

Great idea, the scale and fit is perfect too. Gotta find me one of these electric toothbrushes now..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Don't just pick up the heads for the sake of the rings. They ain't cheap...
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

that rocks! Great idea.

What a creative use of the ID rings! And for Lance, well, he's the best! With all he went through, my god....a real bike-hero!
    But now he stopped doing the Tour de France, I hope for a Dutch winner next year....wishfull thinking I guess...

GJ
    Holland

Super idea ya had Pivot. Sell some on ebay and pay for your tooth brush LOL

What a great idea! I think I have some of those rings lying around...

If you don't want to pay top dollar for toothbrush rings, look in the drug store (we call em chemists here) for a bag of teeth braces rubber bands, they'll do the same thing and you get about 100 to a bag, they come in all colours aswell. Good for putting around the tops of rifles with some clear cling wrap to make rifle frangers so the water doesn't get in on amphib ops or where sheet will get in the barrell

Austeyr.
    'Good people sleep soundly in their beds at night because rough men are prepared to do violence on their behalf'

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Austeyr
    If you don't want to pay top dollar for toothbrush rings, look in the drug store (we call em chemists here) for a bag of teeth braces rubber bands, they'll do the same thing and you get about 100 to a bag, they come in all colours aswell. Good for putting around the tops of rifles with some clear cling wrap to make rifle frangers so the water doesn't get in on amphib ops or where sheet will get in the barrell

Austeyr.
    I was thinking that myself, but i don't think i've ever seen them at the...chemist's <u speak English, we speak sumthin else ha ha>...here in the US, just at the dentist's office.

If you ever find yourself in the orthodontists office ask them for some, they come in bags of like 10 and come in way to many colors! They should give them to you....you pay them enough!
    Mark

that looks cool...im gona go try it

And all this time I've just been cutting the end off different colored balloons and using them.
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"