What was your 1st ever 1/6 scale figure?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 12 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your 1st ever 1/6 scale figure?

What was your 1st ever 1/6 scale figure?

Hey guys just for fun I though it would be fun to hear what everyone’s 1st-1/6 scale/ 12-inch action figure was. I still remember the 1st toy I ever saved up to buy on my own was a Mego Spider-Man with flyaway action! I was so proud of myself that I had saved up the money all by myself. Well needless to say I was hooked. If it wasn't a foot tall I didn't want it. As a kid I dreamt of growing up and owning everything that was 1/6 scale (back then I didn't know what the hell that meant) from figures to cars, boats and airplanes. Well needless to say back in the late 70s there was few of those to go around. Funny thing is that it wasn't until I was 25 and dating my now wife that the 1/6 scale bug bit me once again. And now I share my hobby with my 2-year-old son who now owns his very own 12-inch Spider-Man and will someday inherit close to $14 thousand dollars worth of my toys. And what happened to that Mego Spider-Man with flyaway action? He now hangs in my son’s room looking over my son (with a broken arm, broken leg and minus a thumb hey now mint in box means squat to a 8 year old)

fyi that is NOT my wife in the picture with me! My wife wanted me to post that she is not a skinny uber rich hotel heriess
    Last edited by xavier; 10-06-2005 at 00:07.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Its funnie been thinking about posting this exact question. Well if my memory serves me correct my first was a 12" GI Joe of the 80's variety like Duke or something like that.
    An AK a day keeps the bad guys away.

My Trades/Wants List

rambeau87 Unregistered Guest
    Talking duke was mine. He's still an awesome figure he had a flocked head and a belt and everything.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ok mine was a 1965 Gi Joe Marine got it for my 1st birthday. I still have it somewhere
    he looks like he has seen lots of field time (which he did) and is now retired hanging out in the Keys with Jimmy Buffet

It's a 1/6th superman back in the early 70's. I forgot the brand as I was too irresponsible and negligent then when I got it. It lasted a couple of years then got broken and lost.

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.
    198? 12inch Duke. I believe I still have him.

my first was a DML wolf... not as cool as old joes and spidey's. but i still got most of him

Interesting post I must say. I´m pretty new in this hobby, so my first 6.scaler was the German Dragon WW2 trooper, Milo, who I got from Monkeydepot (great business who never failed a delivery), and I loved him. That was in August 2 years ago and by now I have around 50 or so - lot of them bought as nudes´n´loose that still needs to be put together. So as you can see this hobby for sure exploded in my face and accelerated (sp?) faster than I ever imagined it would. And that´s paralell to my also growing 1:1 collection that is now narrowed down to helmets mostly due to lack of space. Actually my first 1:6 scalers could have been the Platoonset from Sideshow (Barnes, Taylor, Elias) which I ordered from "Action-Figures.net" back in january 2003. Sure enough they took the cash from my account, but they never send me anything, nor did they answer emails or anything. To this day I still havent got anything for the $109 they stole from me, and afterwards I found out that this they did to a lot of non US/overseas customers. I even tried to contact local authorities (sp?) in his area (New Jersey) to see if they could help me. In pure desperation I even put up this site (http://frip.dk/fraud/) that never really brought me any near getting my money back since they got/was put out of business, though the owner (Everett Davis) apparently still got his business going on Ebay. Damn, I can feel the old wellknown anger comming back in me when I talk about this. What a way to enter this hobby, huh? Did anyone else here ever have a similar incident with these criminals before? I´d love to hear about it then.
    Thanks for listening...
    Jacob - Denmark
    "I´ll show you were the Ironcrosses grow..."

Mine was Big Jim and the Safari Adventure set. It came with a Land Rover, Rhino, capture net and other stuff.
    --Charlie Mike--

First 1/6 figure I bought was a Cy girls Shadow, since I liked ninjas and she looked cool...

Military/Law Enforcement-wise, SDU Ray was my first purchase...wasn't too bad, came with a cool shield and decent jumpsuit...

My 1st was a 12" GI Joe Snake Eyes figure. He had that cool tatoo for his ninja clan on his forearm, wasn't very poseable, and his weapons sucked. Wish I still had him though for posterities sake.

My uncle's bearded Adventurer Joe.
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

GI Joe Coast Guard! He was a cool one
    Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

My first 6th scale figure was a 1969 Joe that I got for my third B-day and I still have him to this day. He's seen a lot of miles and is definately worse for the wear.

I was a late starter in the 1/6th department.
    Was an Action Force/G.I. Joe fan (1/18th) as a kid.

My first 1/6th was an Ultimate Soldier figure with Navy Seal PT Gear. And I got an Ultimate Soldier US Army Ranger uniform set with the same shipment.
    Happy Days!
    He's still on the shelf with the 100 or so figures I've amassed since.

I remember 21st century toys as the first company to have a go at 'realistic' US Military uniforms.

Caz. is offline Hi! Wait - who said that?
    3rd floor, 4th padded cell on the right. Take the main elevator.
    1st one was GI Joe Action Marine, 1975, soon followed by the blonde Action Team dude in the orange jumpsuit and KUNG-FU GRIP!!!

Man, I LOVED those two! Thousands of hours of play time...the big yellow helo...

Great times....

Cool thread!

My first 1/6 figure was a Marx Toys Johnny West.

Mine's a Dragon Jin Roh. It's still sitting beside me

Does a 1/6 Marshall Bravestarr count? Otherwise the first one was BBIs "Barret" SWAT Guy or DMLs Leo, dont really remember

Well, I had several cool figures when I was a kid: Steve Austin was one of my favorites. I also had a really cool Muhammid Ali that had a button on his back that made him punch. My parent's bribed me with that because I had a big sliver and wouldn't let them take it out. I don't remember my first, though. What I do remember is that some friends had a bunch of the 60's Joes and also a bunch of the Mego Planet of the Apes stuff. Those were the coolest things ever and I used to play with them every chance I got. Fast forward to the 90's when Hasbro came out with the newer 12 inch joes. I bought a few of those, but it wasn't until I picked up a DML Kent and some 21st Century SWAT uniforms at my local KB that I really got hooked. Now, I'm hopelessly addicted. Damn you DML Kent... damn you to hell!!!

PS. I still feel the need to buy any boxed Kent's that I come across. I have several now.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Mine was ages ago

My first (of many) was an Action Man Pilot in 65. My next was another Action man (sailor from memory) in 69 then another nude AM foir collecting stars. I got a GI Joe land adventurer and sea adventurer in 72 and that was it until 2001 when I got a bbi Shark. I was so impressed I went on and bought all six of bbis initial figures then it was downhill all the way through DML, bbi, SOTW, G.I.Joe etc. My last figures were two DML Zekes preceded by 4 DML gsg 9.
    Cheers
    Spanner

My first 1:6th figs were actuall a knock of of mego Bat's and Captain America...
    Then after a long void, came my 1st step back into 1:6 via dragon's SDU Ray...Just a pic of Ray (Then) and My Ray Now

Thanks for looking
    mkii

Mine was a BBi 2002 Anniversary Halo jumper.
    Yeah, entered the hobby pretty late.

Mkii, I got the tool box ya got on your SDU, it came with some sweets rite?

Gin
    Got Love?

Yup...It works great with alot of my figs...especially when u run outta space to put them flash bangs and ammo.....Mui Nice...
    What do you use yours for?

my first was either the 12" mego spidey that had a clear hollow forearm that could shoot webbing. this feature really sucked when i look back on it, but then it was so frickin cool! , or it was the 13" Darth vader with lightsaber and tie on cape. still have him sans saber.
    What got me into the hobby was the Hall of Fame Snakeyes,then duke,cobra commander,stalker,grunt,heavyduty,rocknroll....... .....................and so on.
    Then what made me realize I was playing with toys was Dragon's SDU Michael Chan. O MY GOD! AMAZING
    Terz

AT Land Adventurer.
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

MKii,

Good idea for storing loose parts!
    I'm saving mine to bash a figure based on an industrial rope access technician.
    He'll be the fella cleaning the windows of Petronas Towers once completed.

Gin.
    Got Love?

Ah a local Malaysian!... Good to see more of you guys around....
    That's a great idea keep it up and coming...
    lol if you need more tool boxes LMK...
    KUDOS

Mine was the g.i.Joe Action sailor. I got him for chanukah when I was 5 years old in 1966. He still is in my collection but somewhat worse for wear.

Mine was a 21C SWAT Commander, that I grabbed on impulse one afternoon from TRU. He's a crappy figure by today's standards, but he's still up on my shelf keeping watch over all of the "new guys" that have come along since...