A Message from the Trade Police

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: A Message from the Trade Police

Exclamation A Message from the Trade Police

We interupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this Public Service Announcment.

Due to a recent spike in on-line OSW trade rip-offs, I would advise all OSW members to carefully check the trade references of the Members with whom you are dealing with.

The Trade system here at the OSW and within the 1/6th Community as a whole depends on leaving and maintaining trade feedback within the Trade Sections of the on-line communities you participate in. I work closely with other 1/6th Community Trade Admins, we share information to help to protect our members from toy-stealing-thieves.

In most cases, Bad Traders are rooted out before they can cause too much damage. They are revealed by posting their on-line names, and where possible their real names and locations to help to protect you; the honest trader.

Occasionally some of the more devious individuals sneak back into our hallowed halls and resume their wicked ways. To ensure that you do not get ripped off, deal with people who have solid reputations. Follow the official OSW Basic Trading Guidelines and leave feedback for your fellow warriors.

Of the literally hundreds of trades that are conducted on the OSW each year, only a handful are ever reported to the Staff. Of these, many of them are minor lapses in communication and do not require Administrative action.

I'm not saying to be afraid of trading, in fact, I would say the OSW is one of the safest 1/6th communities for on-line trading; I do however urge that you do a little research into whom you a dealing with.

Newer members, please do not be offended if an experienced and well known member asks you send your end of a trade first, that is an excercise in prudence and will help you build up a solid trade reputation by showing goodwill.

We, the Staff of the OSW will continue to strive to ensure that trading of 1/6th goods remains safe and fun for all of our members.

Thank you for you co-operation.

One Bravo Four
    OSW Trade Police

***We know return to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progess***
    Maintiens le Droits

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm going to bump this one, I'd like everyone to have a chance to read it.
    Maintiens le Droits