Would you take an action figure to work

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

View Poll Results: Have you taken a action figure to work

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have and my co-workers loved it.

158 57.25%
  • No I havent

51 18.48%
  • I wouldnt share my creative talents with them.

11 3.99%
  • I may consider it some day when donkeys fly.

56 20.29%
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you take an action figure to work

Would you take an action figure to work

Im curious how many of you have thought about it or actually taken an action figure to work.
    An AK a day keeps the bad guys away.

My Trades/Wants List

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've taken my dolls to school. Their surgery-enhanced figures make chicks flock towards me, though my Nikon works ten times better.

Have yet to take a figure to school... going to have to sooner or later for Speech and Debate.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ive taken a action figure to work with me but I was constantly watching him so he wouldnt vanish.
    An AK a day keeps the bad guys away.

My Trades/Wants List

I took a couple of the MontyPython "Holy Grail" figs to fill up some space on my bookshelf... My co-workers got a big kick out of it; every now and then someone new will come in and "re-pose" a figure. It became a natural icebreaker of sorts for different levels of managers/staff. I have yet to hear anyone refer to them as "dolls." They are either the "MontyPython figures," or "MontyPython GI Joes"

I work in a suit and or tie almost everyday and yes, even in that rigid getup and in an environment to match I have had a figure at work ( DML CIA Jones ) Although it was more of a went to the Post Office on my lunch to pick up the Jones and then bring it in so it wouldn't get pinched from my car. So technically work was a temporary stop off for old Jonesy. The best reaction to the figure ( and a compliment to me I suppose ) came from one of my coworkers who said she thought that I bore more that a passing resemblence to Jones. I should've asked her out.

rambeau87 Unregistered Guest
    This is another one of those blindfolded orangutan shaving by balls with a straight razor kinda things.

What? No way! What would people think!

Q

Quote Originally Posted by Q_Con
    What? No way! What would people think!

Q

Good one

I have taken several and several of my vehicles just to show off. I get some people saying i'm weird, but most think it's pretty cool. I wouldn't leave one there, though because I don't have an office and my desk is not very secure.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Are the guys that work in the business allowed to vote? Taking one to work should not be a big deal ya know. LOL

I used to have them set up at work, that is until some mischevious sorts decided that my combat poses weren't good enough, so they decided to put them in other positions. In the process, they broke the SAW that came with Jamie.

Since then, I'll take a figure to work when I get a cool one, but he doesn't stay there and he's in my desk when I'm at a meeting or lunch or something.

I take one to the bathroom with me never mind the office......waaaaaitaminute, is this a trick question?

Specifically, when i was moving, I brought solid and Liquid Snake and left them on my desk. The uproar was hilarious.
    I will be changed on the road that heads on to a new dawn
    Witness the Journey Through The Decade

I used to get packages from e-bay at work all the time. But, back then I was working in Animation and we were ALL geeks!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

I had one of my first true bashes , a SWAT guy, riding in my patrol car with me. Now I have some 1/6 to work on while in Iraq. My team loves them! Waiting on 1/6 ACU to do my whole team as gifts to them when we get back.
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

A clandestine operational base well-hidden in a Michigan rural area.
    Yah, actually I have. I do training of staff from time to time. I like to use "visual training aides," unlike most folks that just yammer away for hours without saying anything unique or generally important.

So, when I do the class about helicopter safety regulations, I bring in the ol' Black Bird and a few pilot officers to occupy the controls. Usually causes a stir, ya know! It really helps to "drive home the point" about visual deadspots around a chopper and the danger area behind the cockpit. Generally my classes are well-received by the folks in training and in the office, and I get to have some fun, too. No matter how straight-laced a person might be, no matter how "professional" an office might try to be, toys brings out the "kid" in folks and they have some fun at work!

I also use ERTL and Tonka vehicles for industrial and farm equipment safety classes. Helps to have a toy agricultural tractor, front-end loader, and skid-steer loader for folks that never seen one up-close. Pictures are fine, but don't always have the same "gee whiz" attention-getting factor. Wish I could find more and different pieces of equipment for my classes--they work well for me.

I can't leave these things at work--we have a problem with too many people going in-and-out of the office and things have come up "missing."
    "I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here."

"No healthy person willingly heaps abuse upon another struggling soul."

I've got a George Lucas custom sitting in a display case at work, with signs that get changed every once in a while: "Jar Jar was my kids' idea." "Friends don't let friends believe in Midichlorians." etc.
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

I used to keep several figure on my shelf in office, till a couple of the guys kidnapped 50cal sniper snapped pics w/ rifle inappropriatley placed and sent ransom demand. I replied with pics of entire assault unit and death threats. Sniper was returned to his post.It ain't over till the fat barrel sings....

I actually have two of my Modern Era Gurkha sitting in my office as we speak.

They're quite at home, and don't draw any undue comments or concerns.
    Maintiens le Droits

I have my customized 21 C Bradley and two figures at work sitting in a very large wood file cabinet. Two more spec. ops. figures on my desk. I'm the President of the company so I can do what I want. I get ooh's and ahh's all the time. Most want to open the hatches and look inside or they want to know what else I have. They are a great attention getter. Nobody has dared to touch them in any inappropriate manner that I'm aware of. If I should catch someone they would immediately be involuntarily removed from the payroll system! LOL!!

THE OCBubba
    THEOCBubba

Do not follow where the path may lead.
    Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

considering I started a huge grease fire yesterday, No, I wouldnt want to ruin my figures,

Gentleman, I have the best job in the world! I get to work on my figures AT work. As for my co-workers, it's a mixed bag of reactions. However, one of my co-workers 12 year old nieces think my figures are cool. So the big joke is, in 6 years, I've got a date! Sweeeeet!...?

No i wouldnt, no time and no space for them.

Not a 1/6 figure, but I have a 6 inch Shrek on my desk.

Yes, I have a kit bashed Ted Williams,in a Red Sox uniform, sitting on my desk. Yes, we still are the World Champions.

Yes, and I have for years.

At one place I worked, I had a 1/6 figure and some smaller SW 3 3/4 figs. Problem was, every morning I came into work the SW figs were all repositioned in various creative sexual positions. I knew one of the guys I worked with was the culprit and I got back at him in some fashion, but I don't remember how.

I've found they're handy conversation pieces at the very least, and at best, a good way to recruit new 1/6 fanatics.

I used to rotate my figure out every couple of months with a replacement, that way I didn't get tired of having the same fig on my desk for months on end.

I would avoid the German WWII figs though. That's the best way to stir up a hornets nest and some folks will peg you for a Nazi or some nonsense.
    MORTAR CONN

"If you don't succeed, I don't want to see you alive ... I see no point in surviving defeat ..."
    -- Gen. George S. Patton in a letter to senior officers prior to Operation TORCH, Oct. 14, 1942.

I have several action figures (1/6th, super heroes, etc.) at work among other toys, some expensive enough to make me cry if they get stolen, but some that are expendible. Of course, my ultra collectible stuff stays at home. Another thing I've been wary about displaying at work are 1/6th figures with guns because of the PC factor, though I have some smaller Matrix figures blasting away.

I got a surprise one day, when my female boss, who works in a different city came to visit. I have a customized James Dean figure sitting on an Indian motorcycle, and she just loved it. I did not realize that she and her husband were bike enthusiasts and she knew what an Indian was...I don't know if it earned me brownie points, if not pride over my hobby.

I've brought several at different times and the Guntruck too, but the sniper team covering the head table was a little too much for them. I've got to remember to be more subtle..........

I have a display case in the briefing room where I have Toy Soldiers and 3 Mandollies on display. One is the 2 figure DML Col. Moore & RTO set from We Were Soldiers (the movie was filmed here) and the other is the BBi George Bush Naval Aviator figure. The case is double locked for safekeeping ;-)

Just brought my Medicom Vader to work today, as a matter of fact. A judge I work with is a huge SW fan and was chompin at the bit to see Vader in 1/6th. Just goes to show the 1/6th disease affects those in high (me) and low (the judge) places . . .