Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ

Thumbs up Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ

First I have to say Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the best one DAMN Fine GUY.
    As Some of you know I spent alot of time the first few months of the year with my mom who was dying of cancer. This board gave me something to keep my mind off of things alot of those long nights. During this time I got alot of moral support from many Members and one that was there alot was Sir E.
    When My mom passed away at the end of May I got lots of emails from you guys and I thank you for it. A day or so after she died I got an email from Sir E telling me to be on the look out for package, and a few Days later it was a nude figure I had been trying to talk him out of, I know we are not suposed to admit it but when I opened that package it brought tears to my eyes and touched me deeply and does still.
    At the time I held off Bashing it waiting for just the right stuff to put on it but in late june or early July my 5yr old was put in the Hospital with an infection in a wound in his leg. He had seen an Agent Jones figure with me while looking around on here and really wanted one, so the 3rd day he was in I put one together for him using Sir E's Jones now mind ya all the parts are not exactly as would have came with him but Dylan did not care .
    When I took the figure out of the bag he looked like it was Christmas morning and he slept with it and his Teddy Bear every night till he got out.
    SO Sir Eaton with that one gift you have brought happiness to my family at two times when it was really needed and as I have told you, There is no way I can ever repay you for the kindness you showed me and later my son.
    I thought I would post this to let everyone what a super guy you are and even though we have not met in person I count you as one of the best friends I have THANKS AMIGO Oh and by the way here are those pics I have been telling I was gonna send ya PS the big kid in the first 2 pics is my 11yr old son Colt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ-dscn0424-jpg   Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ-dscn0425-jpg   Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ-dscn0413-jpg  
    Last edited by TexGunS; 09-30-2005 at 04:41. Reason: info added

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's good. That's really good. I'm sorry for your loss Tex. And good on ya Sir FlipFlop. A Knighthood well deserved.
    Famous last sayings: " Stand back! All of you!"

Sorry for your lost "TexGuns"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

TexGuns I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I recently lost my mother in law to cancer as well, so my family can relate. I pray your son has a speedy and full recovery. Bravo Zulu (military speak for good job if you didn't know) to you Sir E it is great that you could do a little something to lift a friend's spirit.
    We Do Bad Things To Bad People.

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    My condolences to you texguns. Best wishes to you, your family and of course Sir E Flipflop.

Man, this is what friendship is all about! Kudos to SEFF!! Well done and absolutely a top shelf move on your part! I wish we had a place where things like this could go to...maybe a Hero page or something so this type of thing will not get lost in the huge volume of posts.
    Last edited by 10th Mtn; 09-30-2005 at 08:36.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.
    --See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil--

Another awesome OSW story.

Great job Flipflop.
    Maintiens le Droits

Very cool. The lil kiddo certainly looks happier in the third pic than the first two.

TG, the pace that this hobby runs at, it is so often the case that many of the most important things get obscured. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Fogive us if we didn't seem more receptive to you at the time.

SEFF, good on ya.

A touching story and a touching gesture....hats off to Sir Eton
    "that island of England breeds very valiant creatures".

Rambures, Henry V by William Shakespeare

Genuinely fine stuff, both Mike's kindness and your expression of gratitude, TexGunS. A fine-looking brood you have there, something to take pride in.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Best wishes to you, Tex. Touching story- you highlighted what makes OSW great.

Wow. Keith, I don't know what to say. I am totally and completely floored. I feel honored to be mentioned like this and touched to no end by the story about your son. Thank you so much for sharing that and for saying such nice things. I am so honored that I could be a part of something that brought some happiness to you and yours. I am just floored. I was just talking to my mother a couple of days ago and I showed her a picture from an action figure mag of the Mego 8" Spiderman reissue figure. I told her that that was the figure that she and my dad got for me when I was in the hospital in 1975 after having been diagnosed with Type One Juvenile Diabetes. I was seven years old at the time and scared out of my wits, and I held onto that figure like an anchor. Weird. I hadn't told my mom that story before ( it happened 30 years ago ) and I guess I mentioned it for a couple of reasons - one to tell her that I appreciated that figure for the comfort that it brought me in that hard time and that I recalled it with great fondness as it was one of the first action figures that I ever had ( guess it kind of led to where I am today in more that one way ) So I guess your story touches me all the more for it's similarities to my own. Wow. Thanks again Keith - I owe you a debt of grattitude for your words and thoughts.

God bless, Mike

Keith, once again, I'm really sorry bout your loss. Thanks for posting this wonderful story about a wonderful deed from a wonderful dude!
    Sir Eton, words fail me here. You are da man brother! All the more when you see the little kiddo clutching Jones, and how happy he was to have it.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. - Karl Marx

Thanks guys for the thoughts and all is ok with My son now he is runnin' around like a March hare. Mike you do not need to thank me for this post Letting the rest of the board know what a great guy you are was the least I could do to repay your kindness
    Also I wanted to let some of the on lookers and newer members know what kind of Family this board is for the most part. BUT GUYS this post is not about my loss as much as it is about what one member can do to help out another and SO ALL could know what a SUPER and thoughtful guy SIR EATON FLIPFLOP (Mike) is. And I am proud to have him as a friend KUDOS TO MIKE and 3 Cheers HooRAH HooRAH HooRAH

PD thanks for the complement on my y'ung-uns I am proud of 'em maybe too proud. I do try not be "one of those dads" most of the time LOL

This is just one of the reasons why our little community here at OSW rocks.
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Good looking out guys. Great to hear this kind of stuff.

Gonna bump this back up ,,,,I want to make sure everyone sees what a Super Dude Sir E is. I have noticed that this is this kind of thing that makes this board different from the rest of the boards I have seen

nice story ,hearing this you can say ther's still hope for humanity!!!!
    nice to hear that your soon is ok now!!!!

greetings from Barcelona....

david.

I'll pipe up for what it's worth... Sir Eton came to my rescue just last week by supplying (free of charge) a BBI G1 AA body that I was having trouble locating on my own.
    Someone is really raking in the karma points lately...
    thanks again!

Another great OSW family story. What a guy and 'at a boy's are in order!

Hey there, I appreciate the kind words and want to let you guys know that I really enjoy being a part of this community and a big part of that is sharing some bits here and there. I feel like I have been very lucky to've become involved in this great hobby ( keeps me busy and really sustains my creativity ) and to have found this community of fellow enthusiasts. All of you make my hobby more enjoyable and more fullfilling. I count myself fortunate to know those of you who I have chatted and traded with and the ones met in person. And I look forward to many more years and many more freinds in the hobby.

-Mike