Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis figure the Shield

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis figure the Shield

Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis figure the Shield

This is something I threw together the other day using a detective Chow figure, custom made leather jacket, and the Jim Maddox Chiklis sculpt painted with oils. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I love painting Jims sculpts. He make them so fun, and easy to do. For anyone who has painted one, you know what I'm talking about. I also modified the holster so it wasn't so bulky. The neck on the sculpt is HUGE so I cut the neck hole in the body bigger so the neck still has good articulation. If anyone is going to make their own, they might want to do the same before you paint the head and glue it to the body. If not you will find that Vic can only look left, and right .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis figure the Shield-vic-m-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here is a better shot of the head with better lighting. A lot of the detail gets washed out with my camera (you just have to take my word for it ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis figure the Shield-vic-m-head-jpg  

He's looking good, Reggie. Getting Chiklis' mug dead-on is a tough one, but this guy's got the right 'tude, and that jacket's the cat's meow.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool bash and painting Reggie !

Pretty cool lookin bash.

I like to think that when I get hired by a department I'll make a good 5'8'' 140 pound vic makey... *grrrrrrrr*

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    This is something I threw together the other day
    "THREW" together?
    I wish I could "throw" so well! Great stuff!
    "It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not." -Van Zant.

That HS is the shizzle fo' Chiklizzle.

Good work on the paintjob and fig.

He looks great! That sculpt is fantastic! "The Shield" is one of my favorite shows and Vic is a great character. Any plans to make other characters from the show?

I've never watched "The Shield", although I hear good things about it.

I do know the actor however.

Isn't he HUGE, with reddish skin that resembles rock?
    Maintiens le Droits

Thanks guys!!!!
    WritinMan, The head is sculpted by Jim Maddox (eydylhands), and can be found at Red Planet Toys. I have sculpted a couple Chiklis heads myself, and plan on giving it another couple trys until I can "fine tune" it, and get it right. Then I might try to finish the team. I hear Jim is going to do the same thing.
    The only thing I would change about this sculpt it the chin sticks out too far, and the tip of the nose isn't right, but the rest is dead on.