UpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: UpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"

UpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"

OkÖ. There are a ton pictures so I apologize up front. The first 3 pictures are of the standard Deuce truck we are making. It will have the front grill included along with side view mirrors, interior seats, steering wheel and shifters. The rear seats fold down in the cargo area for troops. We will be offering a canopy top as well as the rear cargo tarp/cover for an additional cost.

The next few picture are of the same style truck with a few enhancements that I have been working on. Gas can rack on both side, rear tail gate features, front wench, rivets in the door area, mud flaps, etc.. It is a long ways from being done but I wanted you to see what some of the possibilities are for these trucks with a little imagination and time. I have decals from Johns Stuff to finish it off when Iím ready for them.

We know this is not perfect replica or is 100% accurate. It is close in almost every detail and is a great start. We will be making many versions based on the main cab area and front end.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for looking.

THE OCBubba and Pappa Bubbu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-right-side-primer-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-right-side-full-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-rear-cargo-area-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-full-right-side-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-front-grill-finished-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-left-side-canopy-top-jpg

UpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-rear-tail-gait-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-right-side-w-figure-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-front-view-jpgUpDated WWII Deuce "Lots of Pics"-right-rear-mud-flap-jpg
    Last edited by THEFRISCOKid; 08-28-2005 at 01:19. Reason: Add pic
    THEOCBubba

Do not follow where the path may lead.
    Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    Awesome work Pappa Bubbu!
    So much detail incorporated into your work! I have a hard time imagining the time and work it took you to produce it, and to think, you're in the process of multiples!
    Can't wait to see your motorpool when your finished
    They look unhappy in that garage of yours, maybe they'd like to take a nice drive on over here?

A superb Version!!

Are you planning on mass producing!? Is it made from styrene?Are the Wheels and Rims from scratch?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They look better and better every single time you show them. You and your dad are very skilled men. Well done.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

Terrific! I hope you plan on submitting photos to Fine Scale Modeler magazine - I just re-read an old issue of a scratchbuilt 1/6th military chevy truck. Cheers!

Sawgunner is offline I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
    Chris!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!!S IMPLY AMAZING!
    Oh..by the way...........your headsculpts are
    FINISHED!

SUUUuuuuuuuu-PEEeeeeerrrrrrrBBBBBB!

You two yucksters already know what I think of the work you do. And, as Hollowpoint so accurately pointed out, it just keeps getting better.

Keep on truckin'.

Thanks!!

Thanks you all for the kind words!!!

Saiko: Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate the comments. You know, motivation and all. I think Papís is working on a tanker for someone! Houston! I will be in Houston on business Wed-Friday this week. May be we can hook up for lunch or something. Maybe meet at Voyager Toys. I will e-mail/PM when my schedule is set.

Lowlight: We are making about 5-6 a month. The trucks are made from WOOD! Well almost all of it. I make the grills one at a time out of brass strips. I have a lot of time (3 hours) and a steady hand in each one. Each truck has itís own personal quirks! Comes from being made by hand, one at a time. The interior has seats of wood and the steering wheel is plastic on these new one. The wheels are plastic and are made by James Desmione.

Hollowpoint: Each one seems to get better as we get comments and suggestions we try to put those into the next truck. Because they are made one at a time in most cases we can adjust as we go. The folding bench seats were not in the first 3-4 of these we made but someone gave us the idea for his truck we made for him and now we are making all the same now. Itís great to get comments that are productive and helps us to learn. I have had a few from some KNOW it Allís that knocked the truck rather then helping us to make it better. When I asked these few individuals if they could show me the last vehicle they built the room got silent. Critiquing ones products and criticizing are two different things and the later has a much different response. Thank you for your comments!

Romedome: Thanks for the comments! I never heard of Fine Scale Modeler magazine. Do they have a website? Thanks!

Swagunner: Thanks for the kind words! From such a great customizer as you it is an honor to get thumbs up! Canít wait to see them. The last one you did for me was truly Amazing!! How is the Hummer kit coming?

Laughinggravy2: Your comments are greatly appreciated. My Dadís first question when I posted this was ďWhat did LG2 sayĒ! He looks forward to you response so I forwarded it to him tonight. Thanks!

THE OCBubba
    THEOCBubba

Several more questions and answers.

The WWII Deuce will sell for $300.00 to board members from SAG, OSW, TSD and others. When we catch up with the orders we will post some on E-bay but they will start at $350.

That is the base model as seen in the first 3 pictures will include front grill, side mirrors and interiors that are not seen in the pictures. We will be selling the rear tarp and front canopy as a set for $70.00 or individually, rear canopy $55.00 and front canopy for $25.00 each. I prefer Pay Pal at [email protected]. For payments but will take MO, cashier checks, etc. I will ship world wide, costly but I will do it.

The trucks are made 98% of wood. Each are hand crafted so they all have some slight variants because all of the wood used has it's own flaws etc. All base trucks are sent with a coat of gray primer. The main cab and frame are shipped as one piece. The cargo area breaks down to 7-8 pieces and will ship with the interior seats, shifters, mirrors, front grill, canopy braces (one for the cab and 5 for the cargo area), engine and canopies if wanted. Then the wheels are sent in a separate box. When you get the truck you will need to mount the wheels (Simple) and then put the rear flat cargo deck on the chassis and then add the side rails. This is very simple to put together. The average total weight is around 35-38 Lbs. I have shipped several to NJ and NY and the shipping ran about $65. I'm trying to get it down but have not found the right combination yet.

In the remaining pictures on the boards are of one of the trucks that I have started detailing to give potential buyers a look at the potentials. I made the mud flaps out of styrene; the gas can holders are made of thin brass Ĺ plate. Other modifications are coming soon. GSTG has a sheet of decals for jeeps/trucks for like $9.95 and dash decals for the white scout car that work well wit this truck. I will post pics of the dash this weekend.

LMK if you need more information or would like me to send you some pics directly.

Thank you again for your comments and interest.

You can reach me at [email protected].

THE OCBubba Thanks for the kind words.
    THEOCBubba

Yet more beautiful work, Bubba. You and your Dad have done an amazing job on this one, no surprise there.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Houston Again! Please let me escape soon @[email protected]
    Growl. I spent that much on school supplies :< OCBubba! Do you have pictures of Pappa Bubba's transporter? Great work again
    While I'm supposed to be taking notes.. I keep drawing out plans for building vehicles because of you two's fabulous works!

Cool

Mr.Bubba: I purchased some time ago, a fine truck from you.Very well made, nice addition to my collection.Too bad the one pictured (WWII) was not the one sent. But being a modeler,it was fun to saw, cut,paint,re-scale and scratch build the parts needed to build the truck pictured.

NO pictures! Would love to see what you did.
    THEOCBubba

This is an awesome piece,

Some real man hours have gone into it. I guess once one was completed it was easier to make parts for the others. I'd love to see some outdoor shots, some low angle ones would really trick the scale and make it look 1/1.

Superb work

CHEERS!

Thumbs up

Mr.Bubba:
    O.k. My whole collection will be on display the month of November at the Norwalk Regional Library,Norwalk Calif.This is to celebrate Veteran's Day.This will be my third year of displaying my soldiers,equiptment and vechicles.
    My (your) truck will be one of the show pieces there.I really enjoy it,and know anyone out there who wants a fine truck, see Bubba!
    Vince D.