Help needed: 1/6 Shops for parted in Melbourne?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Help needed: 1/6 Shops for parted in Melbourne?

Question Help needed: 1/6 Shops for parted in Melbourne?

Hi All:

As you know, I've recently moved to Melbourne (and left my crazy cast of 1/6 soldiers back in the Philippines while I contemplate establishing a home here). Been wandering about the place, and I could only find a couple of shops that sell 1/6 figures, and none of them parted (or naked figures). I know there's a couple of folks here in the Melb. area, would like to know if you have any recommendations for brick-and-mortar shops selling 1/6 figs and gear (and hopefully at low cost)?

Will try to check this thread once a week for help.

Thanks!

- Wavehawk
    I will be changed on the road that heads on to a new dawn
    Witness the Journey Through The Decade

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try rodroll on here I think his sight is www.oziegoods.com

Thanks, Texguns, but I was thinking more along the lines of a physical store I can visit (i.e. walk in, converse with, look at the stuff)--He's in New South Wales, I live in Victoria...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohh well I dont think you will find one good luck though
    Rodroll
    It can't Rain forever !!

There aint nothing in Melbourne, i lived there for awhile before being posted to Queensland. I think there is about 6 stores in the city but like you said they only sell boxed figures and they aint cheap. I had to get all my kit from overseas or eBay!

Try here

http://pub157.ezboard.com/fgroundpounderhqfrm0

Wavehawk, try the above link to groundpounders as they ahve some good listings. A lot of the membership is in Melb and if you ask the same Q there you will probably get a response.
    The only one I know of is a collectables place in Eaglevale but as Hotdbz took me there when visiting I couldn't be certain of the exact address or names.
    Try and link up with Hotdbz for a "Shopping" tour of Melb in 1-6th.

Cheers
    Spanner

There aint alot but you could try MIB Global cnr of east boundry & centre rds Bentliegh his name is Anthony he dosent keep alot in stock any more but can order in what you want,another one is Toys & Stuff out at Eaglemont,only open fridays and saturdays but John has alot of loose bits and some amazing old stuff and can order in aswell.Toys & Stuff 60silverdale rd Eaglemont ph94999141- - - and www.mibglobal.com.au or you could phone the local distributer direct Pageley pty ltd 9587 9133 Some of the bigger hobbie shops in Melbourne also stock 1/6 but you would have to visit them to see what they have.Its a hard slog down here in sunny Melbourne town.Best of luck please feel free to PM me if you need any other help or questions.

Thanks all!

I'll give groundpounders a try. As for Eaglevale/Eagleton--not really sure where that is, but I could search it up on a Melway...then again, I still can't find Highton or any supermarkte close to Essendon. But it's good. Thanks again!

Wavehawk thats Eaglemont not eaglevale/eagleton check reply #7.You should check this shop out worth the effort.