**Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Read**

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: **Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Read**

Angry **Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Read**

Matt a mate on the ThreeA board has had a custom figure "The Unfortunate man" , which was created by a good friend and business partner, stolen from his current exhibition.

The guy is cut up about this loss, it's value means nothing to him as it holds more sentiment that no replacement could fix.

Please guys if you hear or see anything of this being sold or shown off, contact me here via PM.

Any help would be much appreciate and would not go without reward!

Heres the original post from Matt:

It is with a certain sadness that I share this pic of the wonderful custom that KidAkira made for me, based on my character Mortimor - The Unfortunate Man, which was being proudly displayed alongside all the artwork in my current exhibition.

I say "sadness" and "was" because the gallery called me this morning to tell me that someone had stolen it. This news left me speechless and really bummed out. The owner of the gallery is supposed to be calling me back to let me know what will happen from here, but regardless of any offer they make nothing could replace this wonderful gift from a wonderful friend (which was also our first physically displayed teaser to the world of what M+M is capable of).

Last edited by J3D1; 08-11-2010 at 04:40.
    Trade Reference
    Trade List
    PS3 ONLINE ID: SHMETS (COD4) J3D1_KN1GHT (COD5 WAW)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: **Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Re

Well that just sucks. Where did this take place? I have had a few pieces stolen from exhibitions in the past, not 1/6th stuff mind you but still very annoying.

Re: **Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Re

"The Fortunate Life Of An Unfortunate Man" Exhibition in Brunswick Street Gallery (322 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia)
    Trade Reference
    Trade List

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thats really sad. People dont have any respect anymore

Sad for ur loss. Will be on the lookout for this on ebay and will let u know if I see anything.

Regards
    Tang
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

i will keep and eye out for it as well, as a fellow aussie, that hurts big time.

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Jebus Christmas man. That sucks. Seriously people these days.

Anyways! When you put this up, this community well keep there eyes out for him.

thats pretty lame. cant believe this happened. best of luck man....

I'm sorry to hear that, bro.. I will also keep an eye on this. To raise awareness, maybe you can also post this in the Sideshow Freaks forum, and any other forum he's a member of?

The figure looks very cool! Could be an inhabitant of Innsmouth from H. P. Lovecrafts "Shadow over Innsmouth". Do you have more pictures of this exhibition?

What a wonderful piece! Such a shame. One can only beleive that Karma is a bitch and the piece will either be returned or the thief will get his just do's

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will turn up, but I will check ebay anytime im online, just in case I see anything.

Unfortunate Man indeed.

Have to say though, the thief had good taste. That said, I doubt we will see it on places like ebay. More than likely they stole it for their own personal pleasure. However, this is a small world.

I too have had pieces stolen from exhibits long ago. I know the feeling of losing something dear to your heart.

Good luck on your search and I got my eyes open.

Cheers guys, Matt will be happy to hear the support and well wishes received.
    Trade Reference
    Trade List

Brunswick St, Fitzroy? Damn, I'm sorry to hear about it, and also sorry to say I don't think it'll ever resurface.

Urgh!! I hope he recovers it....

What goes around comes around, though.

That is a bum deal all the way around. I admire your friend's attitude about the whole thing - sounds like a good guy.

Here's to hoping you friend gets his figure back, and the nogoodnik who stole it gets his comeuppance.
    KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

Angry Re: **Please Read** Help Track Down a Stolen Figure "The Unfortunate Man" **Please Re

Maybe it'll turn out like a Twilight Zone episode... the thief trips over the doll in the dark, tumbles down the stairs, and is killed in the process. The police show up and recover the stolen loot!

Yeah it's morbid, but stealing toys from an art show? What a scumbag.

I really hope he gets the figure back. It'd be one thing to have an expensive mass-produced figure stolen, but it's quite another to have a custom stolen...and worse to have a custom stolen that was made by a friend.

Being in Melbourne I will definantly keep an eye out

That sucks

Dennis

Im really sorry to hear the news my friend and its a shame that some A** would do such a thing but to be honest i dont think you will see him again as its a rare piece and unless its a stupid idiot it might have been stolen to order? just an idea? I will keep my eyes open for you and i do feel for you mate.!!! Hope it ends well in the end!!! Lee

Sorry to hear this. Hope the item can be recovered.

I ....ing hate thieves. I hope it turns up soon. Stealing from an art exhibit? Yeah, that's class.
    Who ever stole it needs to do humanity a favor and suck-start a pistol. People suck...
    "Preblown. It's like Preheat. Set it up to blow up. I'm already preblown because I'm already hooked up. Don't make no sense, don't it? Of course it don't. Dimebonics."
    e5sargemac's pbase gallery

Really sorry to hear that. Agree with e5sargemac

Will keep an eye out for it

I'll also keep my eyes peeled - I'm in Sydney..