1/6 scale snap-fasteners?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 scale snap-fasteners?

1/6 scale snap-fasteners?

I'm looking for some one/place that sells snap fasteners in 1/6, and I don't mean the kind that are usually used in 1/6 clothing. I am looking for the kind of snaps that are mounted through the fabric, sort of like lift the dot fasteners. The picture below should clear up any confusion.

I've looked myself and found some doll fasteners, which might be 1/6 scale, but they look a bit too big.

Thanks for your help with this matter, I know it's peculiar and sort of a long shot at best.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 scale snap-fasteners?

are you looking for 'working ' snaps, or are you wanting scale, non-functional ones to add realism to clothing, such as the 'skirts' of an fj smock? ive wanted true scale, non-working snap sets for a while but no-one seems to currently make them. however, i recently had an e-mail conversation with a well known mfgr of high quality custom gear and he said it was something he'd try to see what he could do....
    so there may be some on the market soon, with any luck!

cheers,
    rob

Re: 1/6 scale snap-fasteners?

I did some extensive research, and I found that a 1/6 scale snap fastener should have a 2.5 mm diameter. Therefore, finding a snap button fastener (non-sew-on) with those specifications would be almost impossible. However, if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.