One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Ahhh, Sticky paint help.

929 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bjones833 
#1 ·
I spray painted a clone trooper with green spraypaint and now its all sticky and I'm leaving fingerprints on the armour. I sprayed Dullcoat on it, but no luck. Anything else I can do?

#4 ·
These guy's are correct !It's best to use acrylic's here. Best bet is to mask off the areas (blue masking tape) and use an air brush then weather the painted areas w/ some fine grit sand paper. Practice makes perfect, so pick up a good reliable air brush and practice! Belive me it is worth the investment and then you can modify away at other fig's!
Good Luck.

#5 ·
A guy at a hobby shop mentioned using brake fluid to remove paint from plastics when it won't cure. I tried it on two things, a Dragon kubelwagon and a vinyl fireball model, with good results each time. Still, I recommend trying it on a small section to make sure it works before rubbing it over the entire thing. Also, wash thoroughly with soapy water after its bath. Hope that helps....

Bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.