Hot Toys! Where are my AVATAR figures!?!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys! Where are my AVATAR figures!?!

Hot Toys! Where are my AVATAR figures!?!

Been a while since HT announced that they were going to be doing 12" Avatar figures-- but no news since then...

I'm reeeeally anxiously awaiting any kind of peek at what HT is going to come up with!

At this rate, it might not be until the end of next year that we can get our hands on them, since HT usually takes 4-6 months before most figures are released after they're officially announced.

I know a lot of people had issues with this movie-- and I wasn't one of them, I loved it!-- but you have to admit that the figures would be amazing looking!

I have to wonder if they will be true 1/6, or if they'll just be 12" figures...

Lots of fun stuff to be excited about! I just hope we see something soon!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Hot Toys! Where are my AVATAR figures!?!

The loose sic fi bits alone would be a dream come true. I'm with you on that band wagon!

Have they done 1:6th scale figures of above 8ft creatures/characters? I'd assume the Aliens but I honestly haven't seem a HT Alien figure personally yet. If they have, then perhaps it's possbile for them to do the Na'vi I'm one of those who liked the movie

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I want these to come out so i can see some Avatar VS Predator action!

Quote Originally Posted by iampoch View Post
    Have they done 1:6th scale figures of above 8ft creatures/characters? I'd assume the Aliens but I honestly haven't seem a HT Alien figure personally yet. If they have, then perhaps it's possbile for them to do the Na'vi I'm one of those who liked the movie

I was wondering something along those lines. At 1:6 scale, the Navi would tower over pretty much all the HT lines, if they went with the movie's proportions.

I have to assume they can't do it exactly to the movie's scale, or the figs would be ridiculously huge.

Berserker looks quite tall compared to Classic Pred, but Navi would have to be even more of discrepancy I would think.

SS already has a Stephen Lang HS coming, but it'd be cool to have a HT version with that crazy battle suit. I can dream...

I think Predators happenned, HT seems to love anything about the Predator universe

http://macvsog.yuku.com/directory
    28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds

I'm waiting for these too....scale would have to be incorrect, as mentioned above, otherwise the Navi would be about 2 1/2ft tall! Loved the movie, excellent storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Legionnaire View Post
    I'm waiting for these too....scale would have to be incorrect, as mentioned above, otherwise the Navi would be about 2 1/2ft tall! Loved the movie, excellent storyline
    Could be possible as they made tall figures like the Big Chap Alien (16 in) and Predalien (19 in) - equivalent to 8 and 9.5 feet respectively.

The Na'vi are supposed to be 9-12 feet, so 18-24 inches. I agree, the latter could be a stretch, though, but could still be possible. We may not get much in the way of accessories, though, to keep costs down much like the aforementioned Aliens (I'm hoping not, though). Or they might include some of the accessories in other figures of the line, such as human Jake Sully getting the big guns and grenades used by his Avatar, etc.

They're still probably developing the bodies. They are entirely unique. Give them time. Patience. I myself am dying to get Neytiri and Na'vi Jake in my hands!

I'm still wondering when we're gonna get the rest of the Watchmen!
    Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light...

Definitely some other licenses I'd like to see first as I thought the movie was pretty average, aside from some pretty colors. However, wouldn't be opposed to this...

Here Ya Go!
    "I have powers, Political Powers!"

i think HT will come through with well scaled Navi. they thrive on accurate scaling. look at the new berserker pred - tallest pred ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bazookajoe007 View Post
    Here Ya Go!
    haha man i totally forgot about that movie.

Nice one, bazooka! Major Chip Hazard reporting for duty, sir!
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

And there's always this guy...

Soldier Story's new US Navy SEAL SDV Team 1 (SS-041) figure... Now who does that remind you of?

Quote Originally Posted by dario2739 View Post
    And there's always this guy...

Soldier Story's new US Navy SEAL SDV Team 1 (SS-041) figure... Now who does that remind you of?
    Sideshow Duke?

Hmm... he does look like the SS Duke, but he's obviously supposed to be Quaritch...

Well you guys hound me out because I think Avatar is a bad movie and a waste of a hot toys license since they have done nothing with it? Sorry I don't like Marines or PMCs getting killed by smurfs.
    Last edited by Frost61; 07-13-2010 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by iampoch View Post
    Sideshow Duke?
    Too funny

I liked Avatar and would love to see figures from either side. As for waste of a license, that would be anything by HT since they dont really do anything with the licenses besides a figure or two from each line :P

Not like I really think it's that much of a waste because I'd buy the Colonel and one of those AMP suits and maybe a Marine but I never saw all of the movie, just bits and parts and I don't think the blue people will be 12 inches will they? Aren't they like 10 feet tall? Can't fit that in a detolf. Still think though that Marines/PMCs can beat the Blue people.
    Last edited by Frost61; 07-13-2010 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost61 View Post
    Well you guys hound me out because I think Avatar is a bad movie and a waste of a hot toys license? Sorry I don't like Marines getting killed by smurfs.
    it wasnt THAT great of a movie. visually beautiful, VERY simple story but coherent. but cmon the marines were alien invaders. what would you do if fools came into your neighborhood and demanded your ....? you takem down or die trying.

if HT can capture the beauty of these creatures. then they deserve that license.

Hey, whatever happen to Hot Toys Matrix line that was announced last year?

Seems like Avatar is going to be on the same boat with HT's Matrix line.
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by blindtruth View Post
    it wasnt THAT great of a movie. visually beautiful, VERY simple story but coherent. but cmon the marines were alien invaders. what would you do if fools came into your neighborhood and demanded your ....? you takem down or die trying.

if HT can capture the beauty of these creatures. then they deserve that license.
    Damn right I take them down and I too would like to have one to to admire it, I mean that is gonna be a work of art if HT gets to it. Imagine how tall it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost61 View Post
    Well you guys hound me out because I think Avatar is a bad movie and a waste of a hot toys license? Sorry I don't like Marines getting killed by smurfs.
    Technically they were PMC's.

Just saw bits and pieces of the movie so I thought they were Marines

I also didn't like Avatar. The story is a retread of a story Cameron seems obsessed with. The big bad evil corporation being evil. The visual look of it wasn't a draw for me either because I'm not a fan of Cameron's design style at all. That's beside the point though. It's odd that there's been nothing from this. They did announce the license didn't they? I'm not just imagining that? Iirc they also made a fairly big deal about the Matrix license but so far have done almost nothing with it.

Technically the Marines in Aliens where PMCs as well since they where also working for a big evil corporation. In both movies though they are still called Marines.

I keep thinking they obtained the liscence before realizing what a tremendous gamble it would be to make truly 1/6 scale Navi.

Even though I hated the movie, I would be interested to see how the creatures are handled. Like everyone's said, I highly doubt they're true 1/6 scale. Because they'd be 250+ a piece and who would buy them? Maybe those crazy Dollfie collectors? (I have already seen a few Navi Dollfies on ebay. There's your true scale.)

I loved the look of the film, and the action ... Amazing spectacle and detail.

I also have been wondering where the figures are ... I normally scoff at HT figs, and most boxed figs in general now, due to absurd pricing. But HT, listen up: I'LL BUY A QUARITCH, OK?! Seriously.

Where are my Watchmen but I guess Avatar can due. I say just forget all of it and give us the A-Team.