Need Help Looking for 1/6 guns for MGS figures

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Need Help Looking for 1/6 guns for MGS figures

Need Help Looking for 1/6 guns for MGS figures

Hi there, im new here and this is my first topic..

Ok, i have a few Metal Gear Figures and to be honest the weapons that comes with this ones suck. I have previously buy some weapons for my old snake hot toys brand and damn what a difference versus the stock ones...

Now, i bought 3 more figures 2 MGS3 big boss and the olive drab version of snake and i really want to change the weapons of this figures...

Im looking for 1911 with silencer i dont know if there is a better version than the one that this figure have already but i just ask here..

Also, im looking a good m16 with silencer also that goes close to the time era of the story.

And the figures i bought have some weapons with it, it have a unfinished custom patriot but the user told me i need a "muzzle flash" where i can find this.. Or with what part i made this?

Thanks in advance...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Need Help Looking for 1/6 guns for MGS figures

so nobody can help??

As far as I know there is no 1911 with a suppressor except for the medicom one. I would make one and add it to a 1911 of your choice.
    Soldiers of the World made a M16A1 with a suppressor, its pretty rare and Id expect to see the whole carded set for around $20-25. It also happens to have an early night vision scope. It came with a boxed figure as well I believe. I'm not sure what your patriot needs, a muzzle brake? I dont remember exactly what was in the game.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

eh nevermind I was wrong on that. Im not sure about the M16A1 now. The medicom one may be the only one with the suppressor. If you want to go with a quick upgrade maybe go with the Hot Toys Stoner 63 machine gun.

Thanks for the reply, so no suppresor then.. And keep the m1911 the figure have then...

Where (a link would be nice) i can get a decent m16 that goes with the mgs3 era...Im looking something like hot toys quality, try ebay already but the only ones i find are furuta idk if the quality on those are nice..

About the patriot;
    Well, the guy put in the description that the custom patriot needs
    i quote
    "custom patriot (just needs muzzle flash fitted)"

But as im new to this figure thing i am a little lost..

I think you can find a good donor for a patriot flash hider in the ultimate soldier covert ops weapon set (bottom left)

As far as m16a1, only one with a supressor is sotw. Best quality m16a1 is dragon and somewhat hard to find.

As was said already a good 1911 would likely be by soldier story or dragon then add your own silencer.

The best 1911 out there are HT, SS, and bbi and then do what ArtDamage said. But that would mean extending the barrel.

I don't know about the M16, but there ArtDamage is right also. If you want quality, go with a Dragon. The only one I remember with a silencer attached to it was the SAS Recon Colin figure.
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Thank you guys for the posts...
    Ok i receive the figures today and now i know what is missing from the unfinished patriot Is just the muzzle break... He gave me 2 extra m4's can i use one of those and take out the muzzle break?? And from where i brake it?

And i find a "r15" or "m16" the sarah connor rifle that have a silencer attached and i wanted to know how close to the era of mgs3 is...

not really in era with mgs3, because the scope is an acog scope and I think it wasn't out in the era mgs3 was set in, also the body of the rifle has a rail in which the iron sights are attached and I think that it wasn't really in the same time as msg3. but I think that I may be mistaken and other guys may know a lot more than me about the rifle in question.

Well the acog scope can be removed everything can be removed. I just want to be sure before buying it.

Btw, the 1911 on the figures sucks ... very bad even one of them is bended cannot believe how expensive this figures are and the quality of the weapons vs the rest of the figure leave so much to be desired...

Did you buy the rifle or is that a different pic of it?
    If you are going for perfection i still think it might be a little out of the era you want.

Is the same one but different pic..
    I dont know man...

The Patriot is not a fictional gun, it was the nickname given to the Colt XM-177 Commando, known as the CAR-15. Only difference is the 100 round double drum magizine, shortened barrel, the front sight assembly is gone, and the butt is sawn off.
    Last edited by caosvp; 06-21-2010 at 18:16.

I totally agree on the almost rubbish weapons Medicom made for MGS figure (and their fragile figure as well) - I can't find any good m16 as well for my Snake but here are some stuff i have & think u should have no problem in finding
    - RPG, easily found on the e-bay (ex. from the Resident Evil - Christ)
    - Dragrunov
    - a decent AK47

SVD and RPG i've got are collection of weapons sold i believe from hottoys
    AK i got from a mall in my country (a collection set as well but isn't hottoys)
    here are some pics for u

I was trying to find ppl to do commission work for a Patriot, Mosin (The End) but couldn't find any ...

PS. i can't remeber where i got the pistol but it's amazing on Snake

Dr. Figure's made an M1911 with a suppressor, and it looks nice, but their stuff always "looks" nice, but can go either way in hand. Here is one loose for a good price:
    Good Stuff To Go Catalog

The Sideshow "Oddjob" figure from Dr. No had a 1911 with removable silencer. Some of the 21st Century Vietnam figures had a 1911 with a silencer (non-removable).

If you end up not needing the Patriot that came with the figure I will take it off your hands.

Can't help much--only echoing what others have said: re:make your own custom suppressor for the M1911 or M16.

That said, most MGS3 weapons you might easily find among older Dragon figures, mainly the Nam-era ones. Or you could look up some of their older carded sets for the XM177-series carbines; there's an XM177E2 (used in Portable Ops) in one set, I believe.

@Bangkok: I believe the pistol you have is a Dragon MK22 "Hush Puppy" that came with their Special Forces handguns set. I have the same pistol with my older Snake Figure (the Konami/Yamato one--still back in the Philippines.) Recommend the same to the OP.

TheEnd's sniper rifle is a Moisin-Nagant. You can probably find it with the Dragon Svetlana or Mischa figures, or any of the WWII Soviet snipers, for that matter. I don't think it's going to be too hard if you search online or ask around.
    I will be changed on the road that heads on to a new dawn
    Witness the Journey Through The Decade