Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals" - Artist Found!!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals" - Artist Found!!

Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals" - Artist Found!!

When I was out googling for some Lee Marvin pics, I found a pic linked to http://www.heatwave-toys.com/

I can't tell you who it was that bashed it, as it was in kanji, but they are definitely talented. It's Lee Marvin as Henry Rico Farden, from The Professionals. It's been a while, but I thought his character wore an OD wool Army shirt. No matter, it's a really nice piece of work and I thought you'd enjoy a look.
    If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend you check it out.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals"  - Artist Found!!-professionals-jpg
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Man that is cool! Thanks for posting it PD.

*Right-clicks and saves*

*Wanders off to find the movie....*

*Or--more accurately--hits Print Screen because it has a weird-ass ".php.html" extension....*
    Last edited by WritinMan; 11-18-2004 at 14:25.

Wow that's a nice find and a great job on Lee. I was thinking another great Lee bash would be Cat Balloo of him and his horse leaning against the wall both drunk. LOL Have you run across any stills of that?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great bash. You are correct as to his shirt on-screen, PD. But this one works fine.

I have a book on Hollywood Westerns in my collection (one of many), Ron, that has a full-page B&W shot of that very scene. Let me know if you want me to post a scan.

I've never seen Cat Ballou, or any other Hanoi jane movie for that matter.

Nice bash. Great Movie!!!!

"In my case, an accident of birth. But you,... you're a self made man."

Lee Marvin to Ralph Belamy after having been called a bastard.
    Everything was just fine and dandy until the flying monkeys attacked.

Thumbs up

Woah, bad arse! I've never seen the movie so now need to make the effort. Was it an inter-war years film? Great catch of the day, Fisherman Mike!

Lots of pics under "Lee Marvin" but most of them small. I also think he'd be great done as "Walker" from Point Blank, "Monte Walsh", or "Liberty Valance" ( a really fine bad man). I've got the Sideshow WW1 US officer that's a dead-on Lee Marvin, but the choices are difficult.

Marvin, a Marine PTO veteran, was an avid biker in "real life".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals"  - Artist Found!!-cat-b-jpg
    You are
    What you do

RD, The Professionals takes place in Mexico sometime around WW1. Rich and powerful rancher J.W. Grant (Ralph Bellamy) hires a group of men to cross the border into Mexico, and retrieve his young wife Maria (Claudia Cardinale), who's been taken by the bandit/ revolutionary Capt. Jesus Raza (Jack Palance).

The hired men include Henry Rico Farden (Marvin), Bill Dolworth (Burt Lancaster), Jacob Sharp (Woody Strode), and Hans Ehrengard (Robert Ryan).
    Farden is a weapons-demonstrator and tactician (seems to be former-military), Dolworth a dynamite expert, Sharp a tracker-archer, and Ehrengard an expert horseman and wrangler.
    An interesting twist is that Farden and Dolworth had fought alongside Raza and the Villistas in the earlier Mexican Revolution.

There are Model 97 Winchester pump shotguns, 1911s, Lewis guns and Browning water-cooled .30 cal. machineguns. Bandits, Federales, troop trains, horseback chases, explosions, archery, and Claudia Cardinale! Never forgotten by my buddies or I, was Marie Gomez - as Chiquita. She's a buxom, slightly-scarred bandita that Dolworth knew "back in the days" , and full of life.

The entire cast is outstanding, but Lee Marvin's Farden may be as quietly professional as any character he ever has portrayed. On a convincing scale he's easily equal to Steve McQueen's "Frank Bullitt".
    I have always considered The Professionals to be the precursor to Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch. It features the same ideas of changing times and men who tho down on their luck, still hold to their personal codes.

And BTW, it seems I might be mistaken about the color of Marvin's shirt. Found these pics -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals"  - Artist Found!!-pros-jpg
    You are
    What you do

Now, how about a 1:6 Claudia Cardinale!!!
    "I have come here to kick a-s-s and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

I was recently in the Valley of Fire state park near Las vegas. Much of the movie was filmed there and some of the set peices are still there. ie., adobe walls, parts of adobe buildings and etc.

PD, and I thought I was the only person who knew all of their movie names An all time favorite.
    I have always liked the philosophical discussion about revolution that took place between Razza and Dolworth while they took potshots at one another.
    Everything was just fine and dandy until the flying monkeys attacked.

Yeah hatman, there's far more to that movie than a simple western. It's what great films are, complex as the people it portrays, but so quietly powerful.
    You are
    What you do

Great actors,Lee Marvin,James Coburn,Ernest Borgnine,Elliot Gould.......

I am the maker of the figure. I'm movie fan.
    I'm Japanese.
    I Like Great Actors.Lee Marvin,James Coburn,Ernest Borgnine,Elliot Gould.......

Figure Web Site
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/F...e/F_TOP01.html

My Other WebSite

B-Movie WebSite
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/xa/xa-top.html

Robert Aldrich WebSite
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/

Jembajemba - Welcome! I love your websites! The Robert Aldritch site is cool! Your Charles Bronson headsculpt is also very good.
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

Eureka!

Outstanding, you surfaced here, jembajemba! Excellent figure-work, it seems you like classic actors with both the talent and memorable faces of craggy detail. Your talent is breathtaking.

Have you ever seen Bad Day At Black Rock? It's a great film, with an amazing cast of fine character actors. Two "heavies" in the film are played by Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin, and that's only the beginning. I recommend it, if you haven't seen it.

Do you do any of the classic actors of Japanese cinema? So many great character actors.

I will be going to your sites to see the rest of your work. It's like an early Christmas for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice custom work - Lee Marvin from "The Professionals"  - Artist Found!!-bad-day-jpg
    You are
    What you do

Mike,

Good recommendation about the movie The Professionals. I saw it in the late '60s or was it early '70s and I rate it as one of the best. Like you mentioned, what I enjoyed about the movie was the same ideas of changing times and men, down on their luck yet still holding onto their personal codes.

I vaguely remember that the gun battles were awesome.

Another US-Mexican-WW1 era TV series I enjoyed was The Bearcat (or something like that). It centered around 2 US Army guys scooting around Mexico/Texas in their Studz Bearcat. It had a cool theme song too.

Ran

Re: Eureka!

Thank you all!

Please understand first.
    I cannot understand English.
    I cannot understand a little of your Talk.
    Please forgive my poor English.

Zombie Ipkevin

One Sixth Celebs are Your Site?
    It is looking from before.
    It's Good Site!

pukingdog
    Have you ever seen Bad Day At Black Rock?
    xIIIt is the best movie of John Sturges. I Think.
    It reviewed also to my movie site.
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/xa/xa-m-badday.html

I agree with your opinion.
    I like Marvin and Borgnine. The Best of Actor.
    [Emperor of The north] is My Best Movie.
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/m...fthenorth.html

A lower picture is improved Fardan.

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/F...in_fardan.html

Konichiwa and irasshai to the OSW (One Sixth Warrior) Forum, jembajemba! You have great works and I will be visiting your websites

Gomen-nasai, jembajemba-san. It's been 30 years since I studied, and spoke Nihon-go. Still, it seems we all have things in common.
    We are honored to see your work. Yoi deki mashita ne!

Domo arrigato gozaimasu!

Mike
    You are
    What you do

jembajemba-san,

welcome, very cool work you do!

Ransome

WAITAMINUTE!

If I'm not mistaken, jembajemba's images of Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine are from Emperor of the North Pole!

An excellent, seemingly forgotten movie about the "king" of the hobos(Marvin) vs. the meanest train cop ever(Borgnine) during the Depression.

And after seeing the cast of The Professionals, I REALLY need to see it!

RANDY who's always interested in a good, "lost" movie.
    MAIN FORCE PATROL - Giving the People BACK their Heroes!

Thank you All

Hi! romedome,pukingdog

ARIGATO!! Thank you for using Japanese. I also study English.

ransomechua

Your SideShowToys collection is also great.
    I like the figure of side show. It often uses for my Works.

Randy of AFTIMES
    jembajemba's images of Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine are from Emperor of the North Pole!]
    Yes!! Emperor of the North Pole is my Best Movie!
    There is also a page about the "king" of the hobos and train cop.
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/F...avin_Ano1.html

Borgnine's Figure Page
    http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~tatuki/F.../borgnine.html
    seemingly forgotten movie about the "king" of the hobos(Marvin) vs. the meanest train cop ever(Borgnine) during the Depression.
    I am wishing that DVD of the movie is released.
    Thank you for reading my poor English.

Borgnine has had the capability to play many kinds of characters, but he usually does so well as a "heavy" that it's sort of his signature. I've always been partial to his "Dutch Engstrom" in The Wild Bunch.
    Emperor of the North Pole is indeed another somewhat overlooked film, like Charles Bronson's Hard Times.
    You are
    What you do

HARD TIMEs!!!

You are very erudition. I respect.

I agree with your opinion.
    It was The Wild Bunch that I discovered the Borgnine charm first. "Dutch Engstrom" is Cool!!
    Recently,I was impressed by performance by September 11.
    Emperor of the North Pole is indeed another somewhat overlooked film, like Charles Bronson's Hard Times.
    You Great!! I Think so.Hard Times is the masterpiece of BRONSON. All are wonderful. Coburn is also shining.

Wow that's really cool stuff there jembajemba. Lee's one of my favorite actors too. Especially since he's a Former WWII PTO Marine. Glad also to have you aboard

jembajemba-san,

dude, you got to teach us some Japanese...

arrigato gozaimasu!

Ran