Bruce Lee vs. Bruce Darkside with ultimate Bo Staff

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Bruce Lee vs. Bruce Darkside with ultimate Bo Staff

Bruce Lee vs. Bruce Darkside with ultimate Bo Staff

I notice Triad Toys are offering an excellent 3-section adjustable Bo Staff with the upcoming Bodhi Darma figure.

I came up with a similar idea for a Bo Staff over a year ago, so I thought it was about time I took some photos!

This is the deconstructed staff and components (everything is scratch-built and attached by magnets). The idea is that (in real life) the staff would use electro-magnets releasing internal chain connectors. 4 tiny switches could control everything.

To demonstrate the Bo Staff, I thought it would be fun to do a mini photo story based on what ‘could be’ the missing final part of the film “Game of Death”.

In ‘Game of Death’, Bruce fights his way through the Palsang-jon Pagoda past ever more deadly opponents. But despite his original mission, he never actually goes right to the top, and Bruce Lee’s untimely death in 1973 means the plot was forever lost…

…This is what could have happened….

Bruce meets his deadliest opponent – his own darkside alter ego! Armed with the ultimate martial arts weapon.

Bruce Darkside attacks with an overhead bash from the weighted ball.

The other end of the staff delivers a wicked poke.

With a flick of the switch, spring-loaded prongs shoot out from the end of the staff forming a grappling hook – perfect for disarming an opponent.

Our hero Bruce rushes off to grab his trademark Nunchaku. He’s feeling pretty confident!

Uh-Oh! Bruce’s nunchaku look a bit weedy compared to Bruce Darkside’s Sanjiegun (3-section staff)

With another flick of the switch the Sanjiegun can be used as a mace and chain.

At full extension the Sanjiegun becomes (what I call) a ‘Scorpions Tail’ – able to bash and disarm opponents even round corners!

Flick another switch and the staff becomes a Flail or Chang Xiao Ban (2-section staff) – great for keeping distance from a sword.

Uh-Oh, talking of distance; the weighted ball becomes a Meteor Hammer as more chain is released.

Hooray! Bruce manages to trap the ball with his Trident.

Having disarmed his alter ego, our hero Bruce uses the grappling hook as an excellent containment device. Game (of Death) Over!

Bruce Lee is the Enterbay Fist of Fury version wearing a yellow tracksuit from Storerooms with repainted trainers (the ones that came with the outfit were red )

Bruce Darkside uses the extra Enterbay FoF headsculpt on an adapted and padded Medicom body. He wears a Triad Toys female wetsuit with yellow tape piping. (The tape was looking a bit shabby after all the posing, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it – maybe paint would work better?) The boots are repainted Medicom.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by DarkArticulation; 04-28-2010 at 16:19.
    ;D
    "To achieve the marvelous, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought" - Tom Robbins

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Bruce Lee vs. Bruce Darkside with ultimate Bo Staff

Amazing work, man!

Great looking Bruce figures.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What body is Dark Bruce on? Looks great!
    And that's the way the Cookie crumbles!!!!:o
    See My WIP Custom Christopher Reeve here

uramegak: Thanks man!

da Bronx Commando: Thanks!

grangewallis: Thanks! Dark Bruce's body is from the Medicom 'Hostel' figure. It's my only Medicom figure (Medicom stuff is way overpriced imo), so I'm not sure how it compares to other Medicom bodies. I think it has extra muscly thighs and chest. I removed the extra muscly shoulder 'pads' and added strategic padding including 'buns of steel'! I had to seriously modify the neck to fit the Enterbay head.

;D
    "To achieve the marvelous, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought" - Tom Robbins

Here's the neck modification. I love magnets!

;D