Kretchet sub machine gun

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Kretchet sub machine gun

Kretchet sub machine gun

Does anybody know where I could find this item loose? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Kretchet sub machine gun

Heya, Daewon Ton!

I wish you luck finding one of these, this is one piece I've not seen being sold off.

For anyone that doesn't know what we're talking about, the BBi "Kretchet MVD" figure (the guy where all the blue camo comes from) was equiped with two weapons: an AK-74M and a PP-93 submachine gun. Here is what the PP-93 looks like:

It came with 3 magazines (2 30 rounds and 1 20), a laser module, and a suppressor. A really nice piece of a very unique weapon.

Hope your search ends successfully, Taewon Ton!

Russ
    Proud son of Rose and Wes
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

You would do better to look for Krechet boxed, they turn up more frequently than the weapon and you'd probably have to pay as much for the loose PP-93 than for the complete boxed figure. Here's one on eBay: 1/6 bbi Russian MVD - eBay (item 190389674652 end time Apr-23-10 18:40:06 PDT)
    "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Since this discussion is about the BBI PP-93 does anyone know of a holster that can be used as is or modified for use with this weapon? It wouldn't have to be exact but one that looks something like a holster in use by the Russians would be acceptable. I lucked up and found one on eBay about a year ago and I've been trying to figure out some type of holster to use for it ever since. At the moment my figure is just holding it in his hand but I'd rather holster it. Here's the only pic I could find of a PP-93 holster:

Heya, Scimitar!

I'd think a WWII British Hi-power holster would be a good start. I looked, and all I could find was Webley revolver holsters .
    Even then you would still have a fair amount of modifying to do... adding straps, the cleaning rod and loops, and the mag pouch at the front of it.

Another suggestion might be to start with a M1 Carbine holster. It's larger, and you'd only use the bottom half of it, but the extra size might be enough to do the mag pouch.

Good luck!

Russ
    Proud son of Rose and Wes
    "Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence." General Jack D. Ripper

The Webley holster is what I was going to suggest. The carbine scabbard is a good idea. You want webbing material to work with and the scabbard should give you plenty - any canvas/webbing material bag will work (DiD bazooka rocket bags & the gas mask carrier training from Ricky Foster - nice straps you can use too). You'll have to cut it down, naturally, for the mag pouch you can either assemble it from the remaining material of the scabbard or cut a pouch from a WW2 era multiple mag pouch like the cloth DiD one for the Thompson or a cloth MP40 pouch. The individual cells of the pouch are sewn in between each pouch cut one a little past the seam and you have a separate mag pouch - you may have to cut it down in size a little - then just stitch or fabric glue to you holster. You probably can get away with very little sewing since you are using parts already stitched together.
    "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers."

Thanks for the great suggestions guys. I'm not really sure how I'm going to proceed. The holster doesn't really have to look exactly like that but I was wondering if there is something close. Actually I'm more concerned about finding a holster that the weapon will fit in rather than complete accuracy. Most of my figures are WW2 or modern Russians so I don't have that many holsters in the parts bin. The figure I'm using the weapon with is dressed completely in black as a Russian CT so I can always just use some type of black canvas holster. From the pictures I've seen the Russians use lots of western gear for their operators so just about anything is probably acceptable.

BTW I would like to offer an apology to Daewon_ton. In retrospect I should have put my question in a new thread. It wasn't my intention to hijack yours. You don't see the PP-93 discussed very often so I popped my question into your thread without thinking about it too much. However I will keep my eyes open on eBay and the loose parts dealers in case a loose PP-93 should show up somewhere. In the off chance that should happen I'll be sure to send you a PM and let you know where I saw it.

Haha, it's no problem. Thanks, I appreciate you lookin' out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Thanks for the great suggestions guys. I'm not really sure how I'm going to proceed. The holster doesn't really have to look exactly like that but I was wondering if there is something close. Actually I'm more concerned about finding a holster that the weapon will fit in rather than complete accuracy. Most of my figures are WW2 or modern Russians so I don't have that many holsters in the parts bin. The figure I'm using the weapon with is dressed completely in black as a Russian CT so I can always just use some type of black canvas holster. From the pictures I've seen the Russians use lots of western gear for their operators so just about anything is probably acceptable.

BTW I would like to offer an apology to Daewon_ton. In retrospect I should have put my question in a new thread. It wasn't my intention to hijack yours. You don't see the PP-93 discussed very often so I popped my question into your thread without thinking about it too much. However I will keep my eyes open on eBay and the loose parts dealers in case a loose PP-93 should show up somewhere. In the off chance that should happen I'll be sure to send you a PM and let you know where I saw it.

PM me,I have a fairly large amount.

I like the Webley holster idea a lot.

I did holsters for my Arctic Spetsnaz figures that carried the PP-93's. I used Callous Soldier holsters and did some basic modifications to make them fit. I have no clue if this is even remotely within the realm of real world possibility, but I liked the look.

KOTM Co-Winner November 2006 ( w/gaiagear ) Co-Winner December 2006 ( w/Bfett ) Winner January 2007

That's a sweet custom holster.

That is a nice looking custom holster. With Spetsnaz I suppose just about any type of holster that the weapon would fit in could be used. From the pictures I've seen they use some items that appear to be private purchase items. Even a holster that a soldier had custom made seems feasible if issue or commercially available holsters didn't fit his requirements.

I have one i will never use. Live in Europe though.

Pem Greene has one for trade.

Third picture down, top of the second column:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-6-2010-a.html