ODST Custom

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ODST Custom

ODST Custom

Here is my 1/6th scale custom ODST. The entire armor is hand sculpted and took about 5 months to make lol...but well worth the time. It is a cross between the ODSTs from the game and the ones from the live action videos. I also decided to print custom labels for it and make it me as an ODST :naughty. The weapons are also custom made the battle rifle is based of the master replicas one but give that ODST touch. The smg is from the koto statues and has a custom build supressor. And the pistol is a mk.23 with a custom front. All parts of the armor are removeable and is real detailed. I also did a complete repaint of the Mcfarlane headsculpt and gave it the skull teeth at thebottom to make it look more bad ... haha. Here are some pics of him LMK what you guys think.

More pics can be seen in my gallery if you want to take a look. Heres the link.
    Login to a private Photobucket.com album
    I would also like to start doing commision works as well I really love this hobby becasue it allows you to be so creative. But I do not have the space or money to make a lot of the things I would like hahah. I also love to help others out when I can with my talents because not everyone can do stuff like this and since I can I feel I should help out others. There are more picutes of more of my past works I will be adding more stuff real soon to it and hopefully some of you on here would like to comission me to do some work for you. I really love Star Wars G.I.Joe and Halo so if you want stuff from those areas I really want to do them for you. I can also do different stuff as long as there is refrence for it. So if anyone is intrested please look over my pictures and send me a PM and we can work something out heres a link to all my albums.
    Login to a private Photobucket.com album

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: ODST Custom

Holy .... thats good work. Any chance you wanna cast them up for sale?

Bad [email protected]@!!!!!!!!!
    "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."
    Trade feedback:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ghlight=spyder

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I unfortunately cant cast worth beans lol so probably not sorry

Welcome aboard and great looking work!

www.bernarddesign.net

Quote Originally Posted by witekite View Post
    I unfortunately cant cast worth beans lol so probably not sorry
    -

I was hoping you'd know. At least put up a how-to? I don't think we need to recreate the whole thing -EXACTLY- the same (ODSTs, like real-world troops, will probably have a few customizations), but a guide for the rest of us would be nice...
    I will be changed on the road that heads on to a new dawn
    Witness the Journey Through The Decade

Very cool! I was attempting this myself as well, but I'm not the greatest sculptor and the only rhing I've done are the boots. The rest still sits wip on my shelf. Maybe some day I'll finish it

Awesome conversion, and welcome aboard btw.

im so envious of this guys kit. Ive been on the verge of starting but dont have the guts to(you know how it is when a project seems rather daunting) lol. Can't imagine how much work it took. A how to or WIPs would be good. Guess i should just go for it

Awesome sculpting work! I hope the photos are brighter.

Amazing job with the ODST custom. The parts all work really well & I think one of the best I`ve seen.

FREAKING AWESOME!! My vote for next months KOTM!!!
    Second place is first loser!

I'm diggin it.

And Welcome to OSW

SUPER COOL!
    Welcome to OSW.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    •Winston Churchill•
    OSW Gallery
    BLOG

That is one sick custom ODST.

Suggestion: If you do decide to go into commission work, learn from past lessons. Stick with one project, put a cap on the quantity that you want and can afford to produce, and complete it before moving on to the next one. A lot of people start seeing the $$$ roll in, get a bit greedy, and before they know it are in way over their heads.
    Molon Labe

Awesome ODST
    I like the skull paint and the silenced battle rifle, I thought that should have been the main gun in the game

http://macvsog.yuku.com/directory
    28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds

Brilliant!!!

Great work!

ok guys this is how I did this figures armor. I had seen how the guys on the 405th forum were using pepakura files to make life sized replica armor for costumes. And I had my little Mcfarlane head and thought well why couldn't I change the scale of the files and make them for a 1/6th figure. So basically that's what I did I rescaled all the armor parts then I printed them on a index card type of paper because it is slightly rigid then assembled them as the instructions tell you. Which is way more difficult when you are working with such a small scale it is so tedious you have no idea. then after I assembled a part I would coat the whole thing in super glue to harden the part so it wouldn't bend or anything when I sculpted over it. I got that idea because that is what the 405thers do when they assemble their stuff the fiber glass it to harden it. Then once I had my template made and hardened with the glue I sculpted the details into the pieces. Overall this project took me 5 months to create as you can see in pic where he is completely broken down from his armor he has a bout 23 different armor parts and some of those like the chest have multiple parts to them. I also decided to go the extra mile and add working buckles to him as well the shin guards are two parts that are held together by 4 tiny buckles like the live action ODST's had in the Halo shorts.

I hope that little write up gave you guys some insight into how I created this figure. Lmk if there is anything else you want to know

Killer work, man!

Very Impressive!!!

excellent work!!!

omg that is just awesome!
    "Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum."
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

Bada.s.s ODST... can you post close ups of each armor piece? Just drooling over all the little details but need to see it in HD.

what type of harness did you use for him?

awsome work mate

Truly amazing work, and if it's not already, it should definitely be nominated for a KotM.

That is some serious amount of talent and inspiration. Spectacular figure! Thanks for sharing.

thanks for the comments guys...I can't rember what the harness is from I got it from monkey depot tho haha