One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Pvt. Mike Connolly, 29th Infantry Div, Omaha Beach, Normandy, 6 June, 1944

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  FlyAndFight 
#1 ·
Hi guys! Here's one of the 2 new US D-Day figures released by Dragon. Lets hope these figures get you guys crackin on the contest! :)

Lots of good stuff in this set!

Figure: A bit different skin tone on the entire body. Headsculpt is great looking, looks like a cross between Stephen Rea and D.B. Sweeny

Uniform: Wool shirt, HBT top and bottoms, M-41 jacket w/ gas detection brassard, ankle boots w/ leggings, M-1 helmet with NICE netting and 29th Infantry insignia

Harness: M1928 Haversack w/ large exterior pouch, bayonet and shovel, M-1 ammo belt (cloth), canteen w/ cover, WORKING wire cutters w/ pouch, first aid pouch

Weapons and Ammo: Broken down M-1 Garand AND an M-1 Garand wrapped in a protective bag, so you get 2 rifles in this set. Bangalore torpedoes, metal, attatch to make a full set. M-1 bandolier, 2 grenades

Accessories: Full gas mask and pouch, inflated M1926 Navy Lifebelt, mess kit w/ utensils

Base: Thin plastic base, not really much to it. The post is nicely detailed. The mine is held on by real thin wire. Great dio base for those who don't wanna try their own! :)

Struggling up the beach

"29th, Lets Go!"

See less See more
#4 ·
This figure looks to be an outstanding one! This caliber of figure is one I've been hoping DML or BBi would produce for a long time, for not just hobby reasons but personal as well. One of my uncles was in the 29th at Omaha (first wave) and alas never made the beachhead. My plans with this figure are to produce a unique headsculpt of my uncle and to present it to the family en memoriem. Thanks for posting these pics...I'm waiting for this fig with even more baited breath!

#7 ·
He really does look good. I could have gone without the base and the higher price tag, though. This one will be big with the parts dealers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.