General Fritz Bayerlein, Co PanzerLehr Div. June 1944

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: General Fritz Bayerlein, Co PanzerLehr Div. June 1944

General Fritz Bayerlein, Co PanzerLehr Div. June 1944

Genral Fritz Bayerlein (14 January 1899 – 30 January 1970)
    Commander of the Panzer Lehr Division, June 1944

I started working on a group of PanzerLehr Division groups and decided to do a figure of General Bayerlin to lead the way.
    General Bayerlein was promoted to Lieutenant General in May of 1944. He is shown as commander of the division until June7 of the same year, but from many accounts he was still very involvd with PanzerLehr until August. Not sire if he was commanding a larger group, but he definitely appears in many of the accounts of actions in the Normandy front.
    Outside of the many images of Bayerlein in Afrika, where he was Rommel’s Chief of Staff, there are very few images of him as commander of PanzerLehr and in Normandy. The images I did find he was usually wearing regular general officer’s uniform and generally had a M43 cap. So that is the way I modelled him.
    He also is shown with a greatcoat, without the red lapels and bottle green collar. So I put togther one of those for him too.Used the CH HS and loose parts with Nomad’s insignia.
    Here are some images with regular peaked cap and M43 and with and without the overcoat.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: General Fritz Bayerlein, Co PanzerLehr Div. June 1944

Very nicely done. Spot on rendition.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981