SS Duke...

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: SS Duke...

SS Duke...

What happened to him? When can they start taking orders?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: SS Duke...

Cotswold Collectibles I saw has it for pre-order and Good Stuff to Go as well

I guess i ment to say, when are they going to be shipping? I see they are taking pre orders. Thanks...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Take a look on Sideshow's site. They'll give th quarter to narrow it down. Remember they also pre-order products that takes almost a year to hit the market, especially their GI Joe line.
    Molon Labe

Ya know, I thought he was due to be released this month, but Sideshow lists him as a 2nd Qtr. release. Nice to have the time to save some more $$$, but I'm seriously jonesin' it for Duke to add to my collection already!

SS sent out emails a few days ago. Looks like Duke is in the US, the 1st week of May!

The wait is almost over!

Anyone got him yet?

Mine should arrive tomorrow. They have hit the States, but for the most part, have not herd much????

The hobby shop I work at part time got them in today....way up here in Canada, of all places.

Excellent figure; a must have for GIJoe fans and collectors. Lots of gear, and a pretty good headsculpt of 'ol Duke!

Anyone know of any places parting out this figure? I'm specifically after his rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by NamecaF View Post
    Anyone know of any places parting out this figure? I'm specifically after his rifle.
    Toy Anxiety parted him out the other day (Monday I believe). All of the rifles are gone, but if you keep an eye on their site they usually do later part outs as well.

Jeff

I like to see Monkey Depots reviews on this line, before I buy. This was the 1st one I ordered without thier reveiw...would still like to see it, even though mine is due today!

I picked up the sidearm and holster and the sling bag...Not too excited about the quality of the materials used..they seem kinda low quality
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CorranJ View Post
    I picked up the sidearm and holster and the sling bag...Not too excited about the quality of the materials used..they seem kinda low quality

That's what I was thinking when I saw the close-ups of the loose gear on Toy Anxiety's site. The rifle looked worse than Dragon but maybe better than 21st. After owning Soldier Story's M1911A1 there is no comparing IMO.

How is the stitching quality on the soft items Aaron?

Jeff

Stitching is actually fairly decent on both the holster and the slingbag..it's just the fabric seems flimsy..and the plastic on the M1911 and the paint app are iffy
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

The XCR is pretty nice imho. The 203 is way off though. I got the 1911 as well and think it's pretty nice but, as said, is not as good as SS's.
    "Qui desiderat pacem prćparet bellum."
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

Quote Originally Posted by goaltendah1 View Post
    The rifle looked worse than Dragon ....
    I'm not sure why you use Dragon's weapons as a lower grade benchmark cos I think Dragon made some of the best detailed and to scale weapons in 1:6 scale.
    Go 1 down to advance 2 up
    Red6

Agreed..Dragon's weapons are the best in terms of scale and quality

The SS M1911 are kinda mixed to me, i agree they are really accurate and details and nice, but they are just so small, i think in all hands they look like toys, not like a .45.
    And yes i know a 1911 is fairly slim/streamlined in real life as well, i just wish they would be just a little bit bigger.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel." -

Quote Originally Posted by Porkins73 View Post
    I'm not sure why you use Dragon's weapons as a lower grade benchmark cos I think Dragon made some of the best detailed and to scale weapons in 1:6 scale.

To each his own I guess.

I have owned Dragon, Soldier Story, BBI, 21st Century, Hot Toys, Toy Soldier and Ace weapons, and honestly I think that Dragon, while sturdy and very detailed is still missing on details.

Their M4's lack compensator vents, stocks are loose and telescope too far and hand guards lacking vent holes are just a few issues that I have.

I started off on 21st Century and made the move to Dragon in 2003. I thought they were great then, but I have seen better detail and accuracy in the Soldier Story weapons. As far as scale on the Soldier Story weapons, I don't have a caliper, but I would say that they are pretty close if not on. Hot Toys in my opinion is one of the worse for scale.

I would say that Dragon weapons are better than Hot Toys, and obviously there are going to people that disagree with that opinion, but that's what it is, an opinion.

Jeff

Received Duke yesterday, and finally got some time to put him together. All have have to say Gentlemen...... HE IS FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!!! Well done SS... for all us guys that loved the 80s Joes, and add a mix of up to date gear, this is FANTASTIC! Now bring on Beachhead.

I got mine at the start of the week. I am pleased with Duke, but there is one small problem that I have. I can't get the goggles to stay on the helmet. While I don't plan on displaying Duke with his helmet on, it would be nice to condense the gear. I really don't want his helmet in one spot and his goggles somewhere else. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep them wrapped around the helmet?

Just saw him in hand today. Not bad. Not keen on the sculpt, but the rest looks great.

Has any other store parted him out? I just want some extra loose bits as well, and don't want to shell out mega$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Commando View Post
    The XCR is pretty nice imho. The 203 is way off though. I got the 1911 as well and think it's pretty nice but, as said, is not as good as SS's.
    I think that grenade launcher is based on another 40mm launcher. I'll see if I can find those pics.

Does anyone know if this is going to be a popular or rare figure? I don't follow the whole GI Joe thing and not sure if this guy is a popular character or whatever, but I see the Snake Eyes guy seems to be kinda rare and costly.

Reason I ask is because although I don't really want to purchase a whole figure just for one weapon, I might consider it if I know there will be a market for either the rest of him parted out or MIB minus the XCR.

Quote Originally Posted by NamecaF View Post
    Does anyone know if this is going to be a popular or rare figure? I don't follow the whole GI Joe thing and not sure if this guy is a popular character or whatever, but I see the Snake Eyes guy seems to be kinda rare and costly.

Reason I ask is because although I don't really want to purchase a whole figure just for one weapon, I might consider it if I know there will be a market for either the rest of him parted out or MIB minus the XCR.

I'd be in for the headsculpt, other gun and gloves...let me know. I might even buy the figure and sell you the gun. PM me and we'll work out the details. Thanks!

I had the same problem-I looped them under the side of the helmet to get them to stay on. You might also try stretching out the loop on the goggles.
    I might add for $120.00 with shipping they would have tested this out.

Would you guys say the furniture on the XCR is OD or Foliage. I can't make up my mind one way or another, or it's an unholy marriage of the two...
    "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir." Private Dexter Grif, Red Army, Red vs. Blue
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat