Triad Toys "Barb Wire" 1/6 figure - Page 3

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Triad Toys "Barb Wire" 1/6 figure

Re: Triad Toys "Barb Wire" 1/6 figure

Too bad its not based on Pamela Anderson's Barb Wire....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm in!!! Where are you located?

FACT: I am hungry and going to eat some Chinese food now.
    Last edited by bjones833; 01-13-2010 at 13:00. Reason: Broke the quotes

bjones833, did you accidental posted in the wrong thread? I dont see how this fits into this thread what you just posted.

Anyhow, I for one am highly interested in this figure and hope to see more figures like that in the future.
    "Doing what I can, with what I've got." Burt Gummer

"A man got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDelta View Post
    bjones833, did you accidental posted in the wrong thread? I dont see how this fits into this thread what you just posted. .
    Read the thread, you'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by LtHavoc View Post
    Hmm, maybe its a hybrid of both, but then again, the comic version did have large breats, depending on who drew her:

I believe that pic was from the movie inspired comic re-invention. It was called Barb Wire Ace of Spades. It was apparently created to tie into the flop movie and draw more fans into the comics. It failed miserably just as the movie did. The artist even intentionally made changes to the character by changing the hair and outfit as well as other features to make her look more like Pam Bimbo Anderson.

This is how i remember Barb Wire and how the run of comics from 1994-1995 looked

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

Anyone receive this figure and care to provide a review please?

I got the ghost and was very disappointed. They didn't provide instructions, the hand posts are a nightmare and they used an older body not the eva. The feet have magnets, but there isn't a stand.

Yes, there's a separate thread in the forum that specficially reviews Ghost.

Both Ghost and Barb Wire use the Alpha body, and if the quality continues to hold I believe we'll see the same pluses and minues as far as articulation and ease of use (I expect we'll see loose joints and difficult to swap hands on this figure and Dakota too).

I was hoping someone with the Barb Wire fig in hand could provide photos and confirmation of any problems or good stuffs. I would like to try swapping the body with the TBLeague seamless.

I would like to see a better picture of this head sculpt, but those boobs are HILARIOUS. I mean, come ON, do guys really think that's hot?

No, in this particular case not really. But I think the TBLeague body would work well with the costume.

There's some shots of the final production fig on the triad website:

But of course, I'd rather see a member's in-hand, non-pro/touch up shots.

Hmmm, with a repaint, that head sculpt could be something.

She looks like a Frank Quitely drawing. That's good and bad, since most of his characters look like they've been beat about the head and face heavily.

This product is really awesome but I PO'ed too many Hot Toys items so I can't afford this now. I wish this was cheaper too.

The final product looks a hell lot better than the early prototype headsculpt. The prototype looks like a female Leonardo Dicaprio.

Barbe Wire ever had particularly ridiculous boobs. I mean comparatively (to the figure) neither did Pam Anderson really.

I'm a tad underwhelmed by this one.

Quote Originally Posted by erechoveraker View Post
    She looks like a Frank Quitely drawing. That's good and bad, since most of his characters look like they've been beat about the head and face heavily.
    Good eye, erechoveraker... Frank Quitely indeed!
    "If symptoms persist... insult your doctor."

I got mine Saturday and I love her, yes she's on the Alpha body and yes the wrist pegs are less than perfect for getting certain poses. I swapped them out for ZC girl pegs and now I have greater mobility and they don't come off unless I take the hands off. In my opinion, It's a huge improvement.

I liked the face when I got her, but have since touched up a few things. Still, the sculpting is great and there's a strong and determined woman that shows through the sculpt. The factory did a great job on her and she looks very, very close to how Louie painted her.

The outfit is good, but it's not as tight like in the promo pics, though i may just not have laced it all the way, I just started playing with her right out of the box. It does however zip up in the back, so you don't have to fuddle with the laces if you don't want to. The top part of the bustier doesn't quite cover Barb due to her large chest. If they'd sculpted nipples on the Alpha body, she'd be having a wardrobe malfunction all the time, though for some that may not be an issue lol.

For those that don't like 'real hair' on their female figs, be warned because Barb has a lot of hair, it's long and pretty thick, so if you're leery of 'styling' it or you don't know how, that may put you off a bit as it can become rather unmanageable. A bit of water from a spray bottle should help though.

While the figure doesn't come with instructions it's fairly simple to understand what should go where or how to do it. Kind of. Barb comes with an ammo belt with removable metal bullets. The promo pics show the belt sitting low around Barb's waist. I thought that the belt had a clip or something to hang it around the figure, but it doesn't. What I think you have to do (I may just be an artard and not able to figure it out lol) is use her leather belt to hold the ammo belt in place. When around Barb, the ammo belt hangs very loose on her waist and if it slides from under the belt with the holster, it'll come off. I did try removing one bullet from the belt and trying to connect the belt that way and it holds for a bit, but eventually mine came unhooked and fell off.

The belt that holds her holster was a pain for me to get on her. I don't have large fingers, but I found that I still had a hard time getting the belt through the loops and securing it to her waist while being mindful of the eyelets. Once it's on there though it looks pretty good and has no problem staying perfectly on her waist. The holster for her pistol is also leather and I had slight trouble getting it through the small loop so that the pistol doesn't fall out.

She also comes with an AK47 Rifle which is completely modular and that's something that I really like about it because it lets you create your own gun for her or any other figure. It's part of Triad's 'ATAC Modular Weapons System' like what came with Vanity and Tyrus. Be warned though, some of the pieces like to come off a little too easily so you have to be careful you don't lose a part. The pistol she comes with allows for removable ammo and it has a functional slide so that was kinda cool too, but the AK47 is still my favorite.

As usual for Triad all the clothing and detail are great and in my opinion, the leather they used is wonderful (with the exception of the leather belt!) Her boots have magnets to go along with Triad's bullet time stands or any metal surface you have about your home. Unlike the Otaku feet or their earlier magnetized boots, these magnets stay glued to the soles of the shoes.

The Alpha body's joints are very tight and in some cases may be a bit too tight. I have trouble rotating her left arm a bit, the joints really, really tight but it doesn't seem like continued turning will break it, I don't see a problem there. It does seem that they may have fixed the leg issue. Barb's legs stayed on no matter how much I posed her and they only came off when I moved to pop them off. Same with her arms, I never had one fall off unless I removed it. I really like the modularity of the body as well, it makes dressing a figure so much easier.

All in all, I love the figure, she's a great piece and I think she's a sign that Triad will continue to offer good merchandise and that their sculpts and factory paint work are going to keep getting better.

I can't think of anything else really, if there's something you want to know, just ask though!

I've got some pictures, but the flash on my camera broke so they suck and I apologize. Also, please realize that I've repainted her face, touched up her eyes and lips so she won't look that way if you decide to purchase her. I forgot to take a before pic, but the picture from the above post is what she looks like out of the box.

I'll get the pictures up in a little bit.

Right, so the pictures. Sorry about some of them, like I said, my camera's flash is broken and in some of the pics, I couldn't get my lighting right. Anyway, pics are below.

Remember, I touched up her face, so she doesn't look this way right out of the box.

Sorry about her arm, I forgot to pop it all the way back in before I took the above pic.

About the rifle, be cautious because some parts of it come off very easily, while some other parts are quite sturdy and don't seem to want to move lol hence why there are no pictures of it disassembled.
    Last edited by peanutsinspace; 11-03-2010 at 19:45.

Barb Wire!

At first I thought I'd try swapping bodies with the TBLeague nude, but it just wasn't working out. The neck on the TBL body is a bit too short, and I felt I lost too much articulation compared to the Alpha body. I am finding that the TBL body is just not very good overall unless you are content with very limited poses. Basically, the more joints you bend, the more wrinkly and odd the rubber skin looks. Over time, I can imagine it will be a real problem. In addition, the HS was too dark for the pale color of the TBL skin tone. Ultimately, I put her back to stock. I was a little disappointed at first, because I was hoping to make use of the TBL body, and also I'm still not real impressed with the quality of Triad. My fig came out of the box with a loose arm which rather easily pops out of the socket at the shoulder joint. I also had a devil of a time trying to put the rifle into her right gripping hand--just too loose. I could not duplicate the rifle stances on the box cover either.

But now that I have her in more of a relaxed pose, I think it looks pretty good. Her boobs simply don't fit well in her bustier, so a body with painted in nipples would be a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen anyway. As is, I don't think it's worth the MSRP, but would be good to add to your fem fig collection if you can find it cheaper/on sale.

I stuck her next to Eva--fitting since both of these girls are about as fiddle-y and difficult to work with as I have ever seen in this scale.

One last thing: her hair. It's a crazy mess. I tried some detangle spray and that kind of helps, but she has some kind of chemical hold in her hair already, so the curliness at the ends are "built-in". It gets worse the more you try customizing (swapping bodies, adding clothes/accessories). And that ammo belt has no out-of-box way to stay around her waist--that was dumb Triad.