One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Hmmwv

8K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  cdn_rhino 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Re: Hasbro HMMWV: M1025 (WIP)

It looks superb! I haven't been able to muck around with mine yet but I thought of cutting the floor out and lowering that. Does it seem out of the question?

Nice work on the interior and that slant back looks fantastic! I really like the look of it, you've accomplished a lot with that fire lit under you ;) Very cool work, look forward to the updates.
How do your figures look in a dry fit?

#7 ·
Re: Hasbro HMMWV: M1025 (WIP)

lol That was fast! I think if you were going to give the vehicle a driver, I would probably modify a body that would stay put in there. If you were going to give the humvee a full crew...I would consider chopping the floor...heh then you have a lot of work ahead of you. But it looks good. What kind of armament are you going to install?

#9 ·
Re: Hasbro HMMWV: M1025 (WIP) [31 Dec 09' Update]

Tamiya uses Lacquer paint in their aerosols. Mr. Color uses Acrylic which is safer for most kinds of plastic and water-based. Dunno what sort of material the wheels are, but thanks for the heads-up. I've been putting off doing my reconstruction of the G.I.Joe Snow Cat (the 1:18 one), and am glad I didn't go off and spray-paint the thing just yet.

And it depends where you are, but you could always hike up to a close friend who has space to store your Humvee temporarily. I live in Melbourne (rubbing hands together deviously)

#11 ·

I think Sawgunner also recommended a specific spray paint for the tires, it gave them a dulled matte look that you may be looking for. I'll try to find the thread later if you or someone else doesn't first.

This post has been deleted
#14 ·

Sadly I saw that too, prior to spraying my tires, but was rather confident it wouldn't happen because the paint was labeled "Suitable for plastics and metal" :knock I guess it pays to be more cautious and patient.
- Just a second: What code number was the Tamiya Spray you used? TS, AS or MS are normally used on model kits (Polystyrene and ABS plastic), while PS are used on RC bodies (Polycarbonate). I know that using PS sprays on plastic model kits is a good way to turn them into colorful melted candles. :(

That's the problem with plastics: there's so many different kinds, so it'd best you get familiar with the kind you work with, then ask a model shop (if possible) for advice if you're not sure.

#18 · (Edited)
Re: Hasbro HMMWV: M1025 Slantback Custom (WIP) [11 Jan 10' Update]

She's a beauty, slowburn :thumb Great little details, the back bumper looks great as do the window wipers.

Now to nit pick and cause you headaches... wahahaha :evil

I don't know... you could camo it, it would definitely make it look more unique and grungy, but I'd like to see what you could achieve in weathering it like crazy over the basic tan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.