Dragon Head in BBI G3.5 Body???

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Dragon Head in BBI G3.5 Body???

Dragon Head in BBI G3.5 Body???

Is this possible???
    Thanks!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No, unfortunately. A DML head can't be transplanted on a bbi G3.5 figure, as they are secured to their neck post differently due to differences in neck post design. A DML head can't be fitted on a bbi body even with it's original neck post either for a similar reason. It's neck post is connected to a mount inside with a bowl shaped ring at it's base that serves as a flange. Bbi's neck post is secured on a mount with a ball shaped head. Because the DML neck mount secures its neck post at the base, and the bbi neck mount secures its neck post from further up, as well as the differences in mount design, you won't be able to fit a DML head on a bbi body without modification. I haven't had a need to try a DML head transplant to a bbi body yet myself so I unfortunately can't help present a method to you. Frontline (Hero Heads), if I remember correctly, offered some type of neck post to use for their Arnie heads for putting on a bbi body but don't know if they still offer these pieces and would sell them indidvidually.
    Last edited by ULTRA man Fusion; 02-19-2004 at 12:19.

It may be possible using a G1 neck post. I have transplanted Hot Toys heads onto G1 neck posts, which can then be put on a G3 or G3.5 body. You have to glue the head to the neck post, though.

I haven't tried this with a DML head, but I suspect that it should work.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have used this technique before.

you need a BBI type 1 head that you can (without guilt) cut up. These heads are actually 2 pieces, the head and the neckpost. A wire cutter works well for this. Work the wire cutter into the seam between neck and head and cut the neck post off and then shave it down to a proper length either using a power sander, or an x-acto knife. then glue the dragon head and the neckpost together.

works nicely, I used it to make a terminator head out of the 12" statue that McFarlane put out.