help with 1/6 patches

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: help with 1/6 patches

help with 1/6 patches

guys, can u help me where to find good resolution images to print 1/6 patches and what paper do you guys use to represent the real patch??sorry if this topic has been discussed before, thankss

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

HELL!!! Oh wait, its just Arizona in the summer
    On the patches I sell, I use images or scans of the real patches. I got the 1/1 dimensions and shrunk to 1/6. Adjusting colors if I needed to. I think they look more realistic then the created images used by others do not look realistic. When you use the real deal, even at 1/6th you can see the detail of the embroidery in the patches.

For material, I use June Tailor Quick-Fuse. Its white, iron-on cotton ink jet sheets. Its around $7-10 for 3 sheets depending where you get it. I believe they also make a non-iron-on version.

I do have some patches left over from my last run. Soko Toys also sells my patches if you are interested in buying some. They have a nice sampler for a great price. I'm also doing a custom run this weekend or sometime in the next 2 weeks if you were looking for something custom.
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Thumbs up

Brians patches are great. You'll like them.

I think iron on paper is the way to go. i like the way patches look ironed directly to the uniform. The picture shows some vietnam era patches i scanned and printed on iron-on paper and ironed to a SOTW shirt.

Here is a website that has a lot of pictures of US patches:

http://www.saundersinsignia.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help with 1/6 patches-patches-jpg  

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

thanks or the help guys, i guess the iron on patches are the best, it looks real..perhaps i need to start printing my own