Problems with OSW Homepage

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Problems with OSW Homepage

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Concrete Jungle NYC
    Posts
    3,801

    Exclamation Problems with OSW Homepage

    Admins:

    I'm a MAC user browsing with Explorer.

    On the OSW homepage there are no visable links to the discussion forums.
    When I drag my cursor over the area where theyre supposed to be a dropdown menu appears but when I drag my cursor to that area they disappear.

    I access the forum by going to the address bar and
    typing in /forum after the .com.

    Was in San Francisco for a week.
    Did I miss any OSW in construction messages??

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Saratoga, California, USA
    Posts
    5,444
    Works just fine for me...


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    651
    Same problem for me- same system with the same program.

    Try using Safari if you're running OS X- it seems to work, though a little annoying since I've got everything on explorer- oh well.

    Cheers,
    Allen.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,204
    I'm using a Mac too and I see all the links jumping all over. I end up playing "catch" with the links when I want to get to the discussion forums.

    Another thing is I don't get informed when my posting gets replies, even though I've activated the "reply" button.

    Surprisingly, I had no problems before.

    Ransome

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    3,809
    HAHA I told you my Seals hacked the OSW but no one listened
    Anyways, that wasnt their real goal, more of a side effect. Personal information was more of the main goal there.


    On a serious note, i hope this gets fixed for you guys, and i deny having anything to do with it.
    "I gotta jar of diiiirt, I gotta jar of diiirt, and guess whats inside it!" - Jack Sparrow
    I brought payment. *BANG!* Look, an undead monkey! - Jack Sparrow

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Teegeeack as servant of Xenu
    Posts
    2,594
    You ever wonder why only 3% of the world uses MAC's?
    Sorry guys we will look into it
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    682
    Had the same prob today using OS X with Explorer...had to go home for lunch to browse OSW. No, I'm not addicted. hehe

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    651

    The burning question...

    If only 3% of the world uses Macs, whats wrong with the other 97%?

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    cheers,
    Allen.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Northern California
    Posts
    9,154
    Yeah, I do code for the 97% of users. It's just unfortunate that IE Win isn't very standards compliant.

    Sorry guys, will try to update that navigation bar as soon as possible.

    Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.


    Trade Feedback ]

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Northern California
    Posts
    9,154
    Mac (ab)users: Mo' betta?

    Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.


    Trade Feedback ]

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    682

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    651
    yep- thanks.

    Cheers,
    Allen.

Similar Threads

  1. Chasing Amy (problems please help)
    By Austeyr in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 12:27
  2. Sir Eaton FlipFlop is the man(or the kindness of OSW Members)PLEASE READ
    By TexGunS in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 00:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Problems with OSW Homepage
[X]