Gentle Giant Studios to produce Star Wars 1/6 Helmets

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Gentle Giant Studios to produce Star Wars 1/6 Helmets

Gentle Giant Studios to produce Star Wars 1/6 Helmets

http://www.gentlegiantstudios.com/

Star Wars Armory Collection US Toy Fair 2004 - New York City, New York: Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. will be expanding its range of collectibles again in 2004, this time into the Vault of Star Wars helmets. A 1/6 scale line of highly detailed helmet replicas made of metals and plastics is set to begin shipping in Fall 2004. Inaugurating the line will be the X-Wing Pilot helmet and TIE Fighter Pilot helmet.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh man, I hope these are good and at a decent price point.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sweet! I hope they will fit Dragon/BBI heads.

I'm sure the quality will be outstanding. I'm only hoping that the pricing will be reasonable...
    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
    John 16:33

I smell upgrade pieces for Marmit figures. Bwahahahaha!

Nick
    Cheap people suck.

Saahweeet.
    Ill take a Vader, Jango, Imperial Scout,
    Snow Trooper, Endor Rebel,Rebel B wing and A wing helmets and Imperial Crimson guard.
    All of which have either been screwed up by Hasblow or not issued at all.
    "Peace through superior firepower".

Damn they are doing all the good ones. I hope these fit BBI and Dragon heads so bad.

more helmets

i sure hope these aren't priced too high. rumor is they'll be $35-$45 each. i sure hope that's wrong...........and i sure hope they make an endor rebel helmet and a rebel fleet trooper helmet.

Yeah, price point is a big concern. Their 1/6 scale busts sell for 45-50$, so I think it would be ubsurd if just the head/helmet were that much too. I'm praying for 20$ or under.

Good gosh.
    Thats more then I could've hoped for!
    "Peace through superior firepower".

WOW !

I feel some 1/6 StarWars customs/kitbashes back on the OSW soon !

I just wish they make 1/6 stomtroopers and bikerscouts armors as well...

It would be nice if the helmet could fit the head of this bust for a kewl display, eh! The Luke is also a Gentle Giant product.

Some more nice pics of Luke's XWING helmet from TOYFAIR:

http://gallery.sirstevesguide.com/ph...1107&password=

Thanks for the pics, P-A-C. That Luke X-Wing helmet looks sharp. Again, my concern is the price point. At anything over 10-15 bucks, I'll be limiting my purchases to a select few. If the price is $40 as mentioned above, I'll unfortunately be passing.
    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Latest rumor is they will come two per pack and cost like 30-35$. We shall see.

$30-$35 for 2 pack ain't that bad! I remember paying over $40 for a custom 1/6 pilot helmet/oxygen mask combo from a dealer one time.
    "Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime". Galland

I don't know who even came up with the concept of 1:6 Star Wars headgear, but I freakin' love it!

Now if we could only get ole' Marmit to make the rest of the figures to go with these helmets...
    "...Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand..." - Ephesians 6:10-18

I have a hard time imagining the people at Gentle Giant didn't think of us 1/6 scale junkies when they came up with this line.

Early rumors on Star Wars boards say they will fit BBI/Dragon heads and not the the Hasblow bobble heads.

It would be sweet if they did armor as well.

Thanks for the info, foolkiller. I was almost afraid to ask if these were even removable...

$15 a pop are just at my personal price threshold but will definitely take the custom figures to the next level in detailing. I've got a feeling we'll see a few nice "Luke" bashes once these are released...

actually I was mistaken. This is what Steve from Sirsteve's guide said:

These 1/6th scale helmets are extremely detailed and will be released in pairs. The first set will be Luke Skywalker's X-wing Helmet and TIE Fighter Pilot Helmet. They will retail for approximately $30.00 each. Want a highly detailed helmet for your Hasbro 12" figure? It will fit.
    I still hope these will fit BBI/Dragon heads, if not they just lost alot of money from 1/6 scale star wars heads like me. Of course there is always hope still. They say 1/6 scale and their mini busts, which are 1/6 scale seem to be the right size. Lets hope they know what they are doing because I really, really want these.

Speaking of Luke bashes:

This head I think looks really nice, I might have to pick this mini bust up just to recast the head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gentle Giant Studios to produce Star Wars 1/6 Helmets-luke-jpg  

i think sir steve is wrong. almost all of hasbro's star wars heads are in 1/4th or 1/5th scale. gentle giant's busts are in perfect 1/6th scale. that luke x wing bust comes with a helmet that's supposed to be like the one they are going to release. no way it would fit on a hasbro head.