Appleseed 3D, Shirow related

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Appleseed 3D, Shirow related

Appleseed 3D, Shirow related

I figured itís about time for our annual plea to the toy gods for some one to make kick ass Appleseed figs in 1/6th. I think there will be some hope this time around with the release of the 3D animated movie thatís coming out this April.

You can view the trailer here:
    http://www.a-seed.jp/

The movie looks to be based on the Promethean Challenge storyline which rocks to no end. Figures and ESWAT gear from that story would be real groovy.

Come on Shirow fans lets hear your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Devilguns ferrets out my weak spot...

I still dig back in my pile'o'comics to get my Appleseed fix, DG. All the major figures and the Landoll suits would truly rock. I'd especially like some of the government SF combat suits. Shirow should come up with more, I know he's probably finished, but that's one rocking series.

Briaros is the classic tragic warrior, a 1/6 version would necessitate defib for me. And the Shirow femmes? No further comment necessary.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Looked at the Appleseed trailer. Absolutely stunning animation. Now if we could get them to do one with Marines and Japanese in WWII based on 1/6th's well.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yep, Ron a WW2 animated flick would be amazing. My cousin does the introductory and interim computer-generated material for games like Star Craft. When he first brought preview tapes home on Christmas, I told him a full-on movie would kick ass.

I'd guess some anime guys might've done some WW2 stuff by now, as a lot of manga gets done on German east front subjects. I don't know if PTO would be too touchy or not.
    You are
    What you do
    When it counts---The Masao
    - Ryan Bonaminio lived his life this way -

Love Appleseed cant wait to see the new movie
    USMC CHET OSW Co-Founder
    John P. Hermesmeyer
    92-96 5th Marines 0311
    Semper Fi
    Ryan Bonaminio "Eagle MP" Gone but not forgotten

Ohhhhhhhhh.... I'm giddy!!!

I've been watin' for somethin' this good with Appleseed for 15 years!!! The original anime was kinda lame...

I saw them playing this tailer at the San Diego Comic-Con last year... I can't wait for it!!!!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

BRIAREOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please in the name of all the dark gods .....i beg /plead to all the toy company .....please come out with a 1/6 scale ...i repeat 1/6scale not 1/12,not 1/10,not /24...but 1/6 scale of the ultimate cyborg warrior/pscychotherapist/lover...(did i just typed that).... .......

me love appleseed,me love massamune shirow

Sweet. Man, I'm gonna have to dig my Appleseed and Dominion comics out an reread them. I've been looking for collected editions, but they seem to be out of print.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

I would be all over 1/6 versions of Briareos and Deunan. I'm keeping an eye out on the smaller scaled stuff that's coming out with the film's release, but 1/6 versions done at bbi/Dragon quality and attention to detail would be soooo bought! Man...Deunan in orc armor or Bri in Hermes flightgear.

It...must...be...done!

EricMc

That is awesome !!!!! I bought the 6 inch figs about a year ago and they came with cdv's of what is supposed to be short clips/ sneak previews of the film. Pretty cool stuff............
    DarthBoz here ya go buddy this is where I got mine http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...640642-0974421 enjoy buddy. Check out Ghost in the Shell also

Here is another link for ya http://www.milehighcomics.com/mcgi-bin/search.cgi
    Last edited by Nick Fury 2002; 02-12-2004 at 02:34.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

Appleseed is amazing, Gasaraki is good too for big ol' robots versus tanks
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Kuroi, Amen brother that is a damn good series. I bought the 8 video box set, and would love to attempt to build a 1/6 scale Shinden model or the other from the 1/20 scale models I have at home.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

This is so much much better than the original movie that was released years back. I'm surprised that they'll do a remake of the movie again. waiting for this movie to be release will be a painful time to endure......anyone any idea when is this gonna be released?
    One of these days in none of these days...... :shades

OMG that was beautiful.
    http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/underworld0919.jpg

Thanks for the link, Nick. I'm gonna have to order some of those on pay day.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Originally posted by pukingdog
    Yep, Ron a WW2 animated flick would be amazing. My cousin does the introductory and interim computer-generated material for games like Star Craft. When he first brought preview tapes home on Christmas, I told him a full-on movie would kick ass.

I'd guess some anime guys might've done some WW2 stuff by now, as a lot of manga gets done on German east front subjects. I don't know if PTO would be too touchy or not.
    Yeah PD I don't know if the Japanese would be cool doing Tarawa, but if they did it would be, ah... cool.
    But then if Germans are doing WWII ........well PTO is same same.

Wow you've got a talented Cousin PK.

Semper Fi

For the above

"I don't know if the Japanese would be cool doing Tarawa"

I live in Japan right now and games like Medal of Honour: rising sun seem to do well. The military is uterly loathed here, so a chance to kill some seems like fun.

And as for Appleseed, This year sees the launch of a pile of stuff from its creator Masamune Shirow. A new move of Appleseed, a new move called "Innocence" which is really ghost in the shell 2, a Ghost in the shell miniseries and also a game are all out this year!!!!!

Figures too??

thread resurrection

Apologies for dragging this back to the top and for crossposting.

Briareos is a WIP that was inspired by DG's original post. I'm not illustrating the character from any single segment of Shirow's story, but rather mixing up a lot of varying design bits to see if I can achieve a visual impression of the character.

The fig is unfinished(still working on his BFG) and the all of the epoxy mods (including the sculpt) need refining and painting, but I wanted some feedback. The hands and the "antennae" connections on the head are plasticene placeholders, till I can suss out/sculpt appropriate pieces.

I'm still trying to puzzle out the best way to add articulation between the head/antennae and keep as close to the original as possible. The head is scale, but I know the body scale is waaay off. He should be 15/16 inches high, but I fudged that a little, so I could use a SST body. I'm thinking about trying another custom of him using one of those oversize figs from wallyworld...Besides, I'd like to try to do a version of his head wearing one of his "option part" faceplates.

I can't do much more than convey an impression of the figure because of the quality of my cam, but....I'd be interested to hear any comments (well, anything other than "get a new camera", that is).

Thanks for looking!

EricMc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Appleseed 3D, Shirow related-bri6-jpg
    Last edited by etmcneal; 02-20-2004 at 01:31.

That is awesome. Great work
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."