MW2 Ghost My Take and A 141 MG gunner

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: MW2 Ghost My Take and A 141 MG gunner

MW2 Ghost My Take and A 141 MG gunner

Been A while since I have posted any thing so I hopr this works. My take on Ghost from MW2 And A saw gunner from 141 team I call him PIG.

and PIG

And heres A shot of my shelf if any one wants to see one of these guys let me know got hte 1/6 fever again!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: MW2 Ghost My Take and A 141 MG gunner

nice work. I'd say show them all man, the SS ODA figure looks really nice.

Ghost looks nice! Did you hand paint the balaclava? It is very nice!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks guys Yep hand painted the balaclava think I am going to retouch it though since ive seen some better shots of ghost

They all look so sad in the group shot.

task force 141 group shot, i love them all! they look real dude, find your way to take outdoor shoot i woulb be nice! thumbs up!!

Sweet Ghost! I like the rest of your guys as well!

Your ghost is a nice one. The ODA leader looks great. Show him more next!

Great Ghost! Glad to see another person inspired to do a Ghost bash....just wondering, what mission did you base Ghost around, or did you build one that just about fit all parts? I'm thinking about doing that because it is impossible to get a MAV in multicam... and that's without pouches. XD

Quote Originally Posted by multicam_lover View Post
    Great Ghost! Glad to see another person inspired to do a Ghost bash....just wondering, what mission did you base Ghost around, or did you build one that just about fit all parts? I'm thinking about doing that because it is impossible to get a MAV in multicam... and that's without pouches. XD
    Actually, BBI did one with their 2007 anniversary edition figure. It's a 2 piece. It was actually made under license from Tactical Tailor, too, I believe. Monkey Depot has it in stock. They've also got some of the multicam pouches from the set.
    Feedback

"Freedom is not free."

Hells Half Acre,Texas now at Ft. Bragg, NC

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBoz View Post
    Actually, BBI did one with their 2007 anniversary edition figure. It's a 2 piece. It was actually made under license from Tactical Tailor, too, I believe. Monkey Depot has it in stock. They've also got some of the multicam pouches from the set.
    Whoops I meant to say 1 piece, I have a thread about it, which links to ANOTHER thread, but has pictures to show you that it's a 1-piece, but yes I did think about getting the BBI Joe Brennan MAV.

OMG! Task Force 141. Ghost = win!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMatthew View Post
    They all look so sad in the group shot.

Just finished the campaign last night - the group pose is fitting for how the game "ends".

Fantastic work dude.

Thanks guys the shelf shot was not intended to be A tasf force 141 group shot but got to looking at it and it does fit kinda
    the ghost was just a bash of parts that I had I am going to order A T.A.D jacket for him though and taht should fit the Brazil missions

what body did you use for the ghost bash? it looks good and your right about the 141 shelf lol

You see this is exactly why theres no official Modern Warfare 2 figures. Its just a generic military soldier in fatigues that are already on the market. So we can make them ourselves. Its just not worth the money for a company to acquire the license, simply to put the name on a box they could sell without the name.

Add some more reference pics, i love to see someone bashing these guys.

Ghost in snow

Ghost in urban

Ghost in UDT

Ghost in woodland

These are all super sick man, although I believe Pig's SAW is the Brit configuration. I could be mistaken(there's a first time for everything, lol ). Never the less, your whole crew looks awesome!

It looks really good and great painting on the balaclava

I'm just about done with my ghost from 'Contingency'. Its lookin' pretty slick if I do say so myself.
    SEE THE REVELATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Centrocal View Post
    You see this is exactly why theres no official Modern Warfare 2 figures. Its just a generic military soldier in fatigues that are already on the market. So we can make them ourselves. Its just not worth the money for a company to acquire the license, simply to put the name on a box they could sell without the name.
    I disagree...again you are thinking purely of the members here....if you think of the bigger market such as the average game player then there is a lot of money to be made...and I am not talking about selling just the figures...I am talking about bundleing the figures in with a copy of the game...and if you think that wouldn't sell look at what happened with the prestige edition that had the cheap NVGs.

MW2 has generated close to a billion in sales already and xmas is just around the corner....the 1/6th companies dropped a golden opportunity to get exposure with this one they could have ramped up a couple of figures for little to no cost, and caught the eye of other franchises and movie merchandising folks who would have said..hey we should ask these guys to do some things for us...yet they will make figs for a 3 year old movie that everyone has forgotten at the drop of a hat....go figure

Quote Originally Posted by shogun2172 View Post
    I disagree...again you are thinking purely of the members here....if you think of the bigger market such as the average game player then there is a lot of money to be made...and I am not talking about selling just the figures...I am talking about bundleing the figures in with a copy of the game...and if you think that wouldn't sell look at what happened with the prestige edition that had the cheap NVGs.

MW2 has generated close to a billion in sales already and xmas is just around the corner....the 1/6th companies dropped a golden opportunity to get exposure with this one they could have ramped up a couple of figures for little to no cost, and caught the eye of other franchises and movie merchandising folks who would have said..hey we should ask these guys to do some things for us...yet they will make figs for a 3 year old movie that everyone has forgotten at the drop of a hat....go figure
    You are talking about the like maybe ST, TS, HT hooking up with game companies to offer something like a "Happy Meal"? Buying the game get a free figure? I don't know about that. Cause that $50 ~ $60 game will jump to $100+. If Ht doing it. I'm looking at maybe a $200 game. I just don't see many gamer will drop that much on one game. If they do, I don't think they will open it. Most likely it will be just a one time thing for the gamers, and they'll turn around and sell it to make a few bucks.
    Life is but a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Duck View Post
    You are talking about the like maybe ST, TS, HT hooking up with game companies to offer something like a "Happy Meal"? Buying the game get a free figure? I don't know about that. Cause that $50 ~ $60 game will jump to $100+. If Ht doing it. I'm looking at maybe a $200 game. I just don't see many gamer will drop that much on one game. If they do, I don't think they will open it. Most likely it will be just a one time thing for the gamers, and they'll turn around and sell it to make a few bucks.
    You underestimate what gamers will spend....the prestige edition of the game sold for 150 dollars and the few copies remaining are selling for over 200 and more now.

Who cares if they open it or not...who cares if they sell it on ebay..if anything that will enhance the rep of the company in the eyes of Activision and other gaming companies that are looking for ways to get attention for their games ...the point is HT or SS will generate exposure for their product for very little risk on the manufacturer's side. G4 IGN all the gaming magazines will have talked about the figures at some point...and that is what any company wants...good press exposure...

Does it really make sense for HT to release Resident Evil figs a YEAR after the game hit shelves? Or getting the license for 300 2 years after that movie hit theaters? Hell they missed the DVD release of 300 by over a year...

Here you have the biggest game ever that has been in the works for over a year..based on a genre you have excellent knowledge on and experience with...it really is a no brainer.

Yeah you're right. Every time these games come out with a 'collectors edition' they always give you some piece of junk thats not interesting at all. Like a shirt or a duffel bag or a Spartan helmet for your cat. LAME They should make 1/6 figures for the collectors editions. That would be really worth the price.

I remember a long time ago Hot Toys made a limited SOCOM figure, but it was only a one off. And it was made to promote the release of the game, I think it was 'Combined Assault' I thought, why doesn't HT take this line and run with it but they never did. I guess the reason was the license was too expensive. Thats probably why HT make figure from 4 year old movies, thery're so cheap no one is fighting over them.

You think anyone was bidding on 'Mars Attacks'? It was dead Warner Bros would have taken anything. i wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys traded a ham sandwich for the license

Really cool figures!!!

I bought the normal version for xbox360 and received a free tshirt

Niels

Hey thanks guys I have rekitted GHOST and pics will be up soon
    hopefully I can get A TAD hoddie soon to really make him look some what true to the game

Good looking work and posing.
    "...peace is the highest aspiration of the American People. We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it, we will never surrender for it, now or ever."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan January 20, 1981