One Sixth One Stop = 1/6 store locator service + weekly 1/6th webisode show

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: One Sixth One Stop = 1/6 store locator service + weekly 1/6th webisode show

One Sixth One Stop = 1/6 store locator service + weekly 1/6th webisode show

Hi there,

Ever since I got into the 1/6th figure scene more than around 5 years ago, I noticed that I constantly asked this question: "Where can I find (enter name of 1/6th product)". And then I also noticed other collectors asked the same thing.

I always saw people on forums asking about how and where to find specific parts or they would mention they were going away on vacation our out of town and would ask where all the cool 1/6th shops were and only a few people would respond if any.

Because of this, I said to myself, wouldn't it be cool if there was a site that focussed on helping collectors get themselves more accessible to those stores without asking? Just find out what it is you're looking for and the it will list a whole bunch of stores based on your specific needs.

Well, after 3 years of this project being off and on in, the project is finally realized.

I present to you One Sixth One Stop www.onesixthonestop.com

I represent a team of collectors who have pooled our time and knowledge together through years of collecting, purchasing from stores all over the world as well as travels (mainly in Asia and parts of the US) and together we now have this site which is literally your One Stop to One Sixth shopping.

Or motto is "bringing both worlds closer" ...... which is bringing the 1:1 world and the 1:6 world closer together by connecting the retailers with the collectors and the collectors with the retailers.

Let's say you were looking for loose female accessories, just click on the "category search" and select female accessories and it will present you a list of stores that carry them.

Another common question is, "I am in Hong Kong / Japan. Where should I go to shop for 1/6th figures?" This one is easy, just click Hong Kong or Japan in the location search and some of the listings will even provide maps and directions on how to get there.

Another thing we decided to do is that, you will see that some stores have the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund logo attached to their store listing. This means that this particular store is a contributor to the fund as we donate a percentage of their contribution to us to the fund. The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund was established in 2000 to provide financial support for the dependents of United States military personnel lost in performance of their duty. For more information, please visit http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/About-IFHF.aspx

And finally, to top things off, one of our founders is passionate about the hobby as well as filmmaking and he thought that it would be awesome to have an "Entertainment Tonight / Access Hollywood style" show but about the 1/6th figure industry. So there will be figure reviews, we're going to visit local stores and talk to the store owners. We're also going to be visiting collector's shrines and interviewing fans of the hobby and much more. We're open to suggestions as to what you would want to see on the show. Currently the segments are being produced and we're hoping to air them exclusively on our site on October of 2009.

For the time being, you can see who will be hosting our show as we introduce to you our One Stop Girls:

http://www.onesixthonestop.com/onestopgirls.html

Anyways, we thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves to the community as we get closer to the airing of our show.

Enjoy the site and please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] for questions on how to use the site and suggestions for the upcoming webisodes.

One Sixth One Stop
    www.onesixthonestop.com
    "created by fans for fans"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: One Sixth One Stop = 1/6 store locator service + weekly 1/6th webisode show

Very nice work guys. Found a typo on a broken link:

this page:

http://www.onesixthonestop.com/htmilitary.html

this link:

Crossroads Diecast
    http://www.crossraodsdiecast.com/

Thumbs up!!!I find this very helpful for my coming weekend trip to hong kong.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great idea and most helpful!

Well now, all you have to do is open up a discussion forum and a gallery, saaaaay a trade section and few other bells and whistles and there you go. a truly all in one experience.

But we knew that all along, right? have fun and all the best to you.

cool! this will be a great resource. Theres a couple links i haven't seen before too. Very helpful

Cool beans. Good resource!
    I'll add a link to this thread from our Local Storefronts section.

Jaded is so overrated. Cynicism is so last year. Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Trade Feedback ]

Well Done..... Can I suggest a couple more in the UK .... http://www.pierschristian.co.uk/ http://www.pippenstoys.co.uk/
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. "

sure thing!!

Thanks for the kind words and we'll get right on fixing those links

Very nice. A 1/6 Search Engine. I like it.
    Molon Labe

Definitely a great idea!

I would suggest grouping the areas into countries, so on the "Asia - Hong Kong, China Taiwan" page each country's shops are grouped together. That would be far better than having shops listed in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan then Hong Kong again.

BTW, the Toy Star shop in Nam Cheong Street, Shamshuipo, Kowloon, Hong Kong has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by crazeoneeighteen View Post
    Thumbs up!!!I find this very helpful for my coming weekend trip to hong kong.
    You can check this thread too:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...t=47996&page=3
    Last edited by ActionMan; 09-15-2009 at 19:25.

Brilliant idea. I have added it on my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionMan View Post
    Definitely a great idea!

I would suggest grouping the areas into countries, so on the "Asia - Hong Kong, China Taiwan" page each country's shops are grouped together. That would be far better than having shops listed in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan then Hong Kong again.

BTW, the Toy Star shop in Nam Cheong Street, Shamshuipo, Kowloon, Hong Kong has closed.

You can check this thread too:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...t=47996&page=3

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll work it into the system. If there are any other stores that are closed, please do let me know. We were only able to find alot of the international sites through web surfing.

I think this is a really cool idea. I noticed you don't have TTL under Brands.

I would like to see a way to search multiple criteria at the same time, ie ACE in the USA or Soldier Story, Modern Boxed in Hong Kong.
    Hail Caeser! Those of us about to bash salute you.
    Sale page:https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-le-added.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt1162 View Post
    I think this is a really cool idea. I noticed you don't have TTL under Brands.

I would like to see a way to search multiple criteria at the same time, ie ACE in the USA or Soldier Story, Modern Boxed in Hong Kong.

At the same when we were putting the site together, TTL wasn't around.

But we're definitely going to put that in as it is very new and has alot of new decent stuff.

We thought about the location and brand criteria together and currently that is something that we're going to put off on the side for now but it is on our agenda to integrate into the system. Right now we want to make sure all the info is accurate and up to date and then once all the tweaks are done to the site, we'll start working to see how we can make it even better.

But it definitely sounds like it is off to a good start. Our most important thing at the moment is looking for content to develop for the videos before we run out of ideas. Currently we plan to air 2x 5 minute webisodes were week until the end of December. After that we'll see how well the site is being recieved and if people are actually enjoying the video aspect.

In the end, we just want to see what we would want to see as collectors ourselves.

Thanks for the suggestions!

How about some interviews with people in the industry? If the site got popular enough maybe you could get scoops on upcoming releases.
    Hail Caeser! Those of us about to bash salute you.
    Sale page:https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-le-added.html

I hope www.toysoldierbrigade gets added, as they are great people.

yeah, the team and I thought about adding scoops on new figures but we didn't want to step on the toes of anyone here because I find a good source of news and it would be just doubling up the news. So we wanted to focus on the news of the retailers more such as sales, items that just got in stock or items up for pre-order.

We'll definitely put up more stores on there as people suggest it.

Its going to be a little slow on the updates until October because right now we're producing the segments that will be airing in October. So there's alot that is involved as we want to make it appear very professional.

As the site gets more and more popular, we hope to collaborate with the retailers to have contests going on. We haven't decided what yet but the main focus is to help retailers do well in the industry and in the end keep it growing and expanding.

I find that the big toys out there are things like Transformers, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, Lego, Star Wars, 4" GI Goes, Superheroes but when you say 1/6th to the average toy guy, sometimes you gotta explain it to them more by saying "12 inch figures". So in the end our goal is to create even more awareness than there already is about the inudstry and as the industry grows, we'll see more of the figures that we want to see made into the 1/6th format.

We hope that you all will use our site like a resource and we can assist in making your 1/6th purchasing decisions.

Join our facebook group and voice your thoughts on what you'd like to see on our show.