TTL body activity test

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: TTL body activity test

TTL body activity test

I just got the TTL body,this time I will choose several bodies to do a comparison evaluation.

The body stands at attention at all to you.
    The design of TTL body does not feel like, as compared to other body streamlined, more like a body has strong muscle.
    The arm is significantly shorter than others. Different lengths of the arm are more conducive for us to create different types of Figure. Hot Toys body and Soldier Story body can be expressed well the effect of shrinking the shoulder, TTL, in this relatively narrowly missed.

Then is the arm bending test, TTL body and Soldier Story body both have very good arm bending movements.

Try to put squatting posture, Hot Toys thighs and hips into a position of only 90 degrees, making movements stiff in comparison, TTL and Soldier Story can be assumed less than 90 degrees position.

The waist activities of TTL2.0 body is very powerful performance.

Finally compare the difference between TTL bodies:
    TTL1.0 body, small breast, suitable for modern use ,wearing a tactical vest closer to real.
    TTL2.0 body, tall and straight posture, they are more suitable for the use of World War II.

Close-out camera TTL hand, not bad, it's better if we can eliminate reflection.
    Must say, TTL of the hands and feet can be the exchange with the Hot Toys body

Recently, My friend said he didn't know how to change the other head to the TTL body, in fact it's not that difficult, the following pictures show us how to use TTL neck connector.
    I fill in the head of Hot Toys directly. Stay DID and DML in hot water for a while, so it's very easy for filling in to TTL neck connector. However, about Soldier Story I didn't figure out yet.

Sum up the body of TTL:
    TTL bodies has very high active, there are many hidden parts need you to explore.
    Can be fairly cost-effective, compatible with Hot Toys hands and feet, there are more choices for you to change body's hands and feet. Neck connector is very useful, the most effective which I had ever seen.

Thanks for looking! Have a nice day!
    Last edited by BBICN007; 09-01-2009 at 01:45. Reason: miss word

Enjoy your life! Have a nice day!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: TTL body activity test

Very cool comparisons!! Thanks for taking the time to research, take pictures and post a very thoughtful review!!!!
    "Will shill for free man dollies!"

I'm liking the TTL1.0. I just hope the hip design which looks identical to the Prometheus, performs better.

BBICN007, are the TTL's joints tight? Particularly the ankle joints?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great comparison pics! rollotomasi, I have not had problems with the joints, they are tight, I have had some minor problems with the hands being loose, the pin that holds the 2 pieces together is kind of short on my TTL AA figure. Also, I put the exact same HT head on my TTL figure and it does not stay on, pops off whenever you move the head or sometimes on its own. The DML head fits perfectly.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

I just use TTL 1.0 for my bash. Let me share info.

Joints are stiff and have smooth movement. Hand and feet are copy of HT. Plastic use is not high quality, right wrist peg broke when I swap hand and left ankle has crack mark straight from box. TS head fit perfectly. I use HT secret service BDU and it's a bit too baggy. Shirt sleeve is much longer than nude arm. Knee joint is too thin, make it look funny from side view when I put knee pad on. Heres the pic.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us--very helpful--and cool...
    -----------------------------------------
    "It's not how many times you get knocked down that counts,
    it's how many times you get back up."

I could use a few of those 1.0 bodies. Looking forward to getting some.

EDIT: These are VERY similar to the Saturday Toys body that was released last year. I like that body a lot and it looks like they've taken the good parts of that and improved on it.
    Last edited by IslandOfToys; 09-01-2009 at 14:54.

Cheers for the info.

Excellent review. Thanks for your work.

Thanks, very good review I will check out the TTL.
    --USMC --

Thank you very much for these infos and pics.

TS.
    "Nous n'avons pas inventé la poudre,mais nous savons nous en servir !"

good work!!
    thank you very much

Very clear and helpful. Many thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

How about Barrack Sergeant's Body Builders ! We have a Loose Body Builders for SALES,Not include Head Sculpt,
    This item include:
    1 X Body Builders
    1 X Neck (support: Dragon,21st Century,Old Hot Toys & Old Did.)
    1 Pair X Rifle Hands
    1 Pair X Foot
    Please contact L.A.CAL-TEK
    http://www.caltekonline.com

thanks very helpful !!!

Ttl Body Is Good~

The BS body from PMC set is now called limpy. Hands and legs dun stay where they are supposed to be. Has been shoved into the "never to be used" bin.
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

Have to admit the Ttl body are quite good. Just need to sort out the shoulder areas.

My favorite shoulder articulation currently remains the Soldier Story S2. It most accurately represents the movement of the shoulder when out stretched in front of the body. In order to get that same movement with a Hot Toys body you have to roll the shoulder over to the side which looks weird and unnatural. I haven't tried a Barracks Sergeant or TTL body though.

The Ttl shoulders are same as the Sideshow new one, the one used in Indy. Only thing I don't like with Soldier story is that it becomes quite unbalance one you loaded it with clothes and gear.

BS is okay except for the loose joints on the groin. Which can be solved taking it apart and stuffing wet tissues down.

Unbalanced? How so? Do you mean it tends to topple over or it looks disproportionate? The S2 has the broad shoulder problem which works fine for some things but I agree can be a problem for a lot of things.

Alberta, Canada, North American Continent, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy...

Quote Originally Posted by dedguy View Post
    My favorite shoulder articulation currently remains the Soldier Story S2. It most accurately represents the movement of the shoulder when out stretched in front of the body. In order to get that same movement with a Hot Toys body you have to roll the shoulder over to the side which looks weird and unnatural.
    I'm not seeing it, personally.

Hey dedguy yes it topples over.

I feel Ttl are great for quick bashes. I'm hoping the price may drop in the future, they are better than the BBi ones.

Huh, loose ankles? I haven't had that problem.

I am loving the TTL ones. I hate Soldier Story S2, as they just fall over for me when kitted up, but most likely just me. I always preferred TT or Toy Soldier ones (albeit they were usually loose). However TTL have blown me away- tight joints, authentic poses, and possible to pose.

The ankle socket on the Soldier Story is quite small, so it can not have the full support as the HT one.

Worst body is Enterbay's, heavy and unsupportive ankle joints.

Quote Originally Posted by naicon View Post
    The ankle socket on the Soldier Story is quite small, so it can not have the full support as the HT one.

Worst body is Enterbay's, heavy and unsupportive ankle joints.
    Tell me about it. After paying the price for Jack Bauer and Palmer, I was hugely disapointed with their bodies, as I felt they were awful, very bad ankles...plus, Palmers body at least...I tried to turn the torso, and it popped off at the chest area! Seems the upper chest is totally seperate to the rest, and whereas other figures actually have something in place to stop separation like this, Enterbay don't - and for the price it's shameful

I think the knees bend way too far forward at the knee cap on the TTL bodies; my biggest complaint. Joints are slightly loose on the 2 that I have, but they look great in clothes, except for wierd gap where butt meets back of leg...
    Trade References
    Items for Sale on Ebay - PM me for OSW Member Discount

Unless I looked over it the pegs in the wrists and the ankle joints are inner changeable with True Types.

I really enjoy these but the knee looks a little jacked up in clothing when crouching. I was using one for a Harvey Dent being tied to a chair and the knee looked awful. Other than that I like them.

I like these TTL bodies. I know the Playhouse body used on the RCT Marine is very similar but it is of a heavier plastic and the arms have some nice looking muscles sculpted on. Right now, I think the Playhouse is my favorite body. I wish I can get my hands on more, and maybe some different skin tones would be nice too.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."